Godotelli

Stroking Silva's Hair
27 July 2012
Manchester
Manchester City
500px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

Group Stages

CNbez2hWIAA8noq.jpg:large

Gonna predict Barca being the 1st team to defend the crown.

Last edited:
Why bother when we will surely face Manchester City again? He he, jokes apart the fact that the first pot contains the winners of european leagues is nice but at the same time I don't know if it's much fair, it makes being in the POT2 potentially better than being in the POT1 and that doesn't make much sense, right?

Last edited:
What a bullshit!!:RANT::RANT:That in the first rond the clubs form the same country cant be in the same group...

Wolfsburg without De Bruyne are not the same team, beach and it's as good as certain that Kevin will go to City (who are once again in a very tough group).

Could have been worse for Gent (Valencia, Zenith and Lyon).

Group C has to go into a war zone btw . I would take the reserve coach + reserve youth squad . ;)
Mutd training day group... Bleed the youth I say. MCity not the toughest but surely a tight group if they doing it the hard way.

Has always been that way.

Not quite always... When Liverpool won the Cl in 2005 and finished outside the top 4 (Everton were 4th), Liverpool were countryless in the group stage draw (they were not tied to an association) they actually were drawn in a group with Chelsea. From what I remember Bets and (I think) Anderlecht were the other two teams.

Personally I think they should have done the same with Seville as it skewed the draw a bit having 5 teams with association protection.

My predictions:

Group A:
1. Real Madrid
2. Paris Saint-Germain
3. Shakhtar Donetsk
4. Malmö FF

Group B:
1. Manchester United
2. VfL Wolfsburg
3. CSKA Moskva
4. PSV Eindhoven

Group C:
1. Atlético de Madrid
2. SL Benfica
3. Galatasaray SK
4. FK Astana

Group D:
1. Juventus
2. Manchester City
3. Sevilla FC
4. Borussia Mönchengladbach

Group E:
1. FC Barcelona
2. AS Roma
3. Bayer Leverkusen
4. BATE Borisov

Group F:
1. Bayern München
2. Arsenal
3. Olympiacos
4. Dinamo Zagreb

Group G:
1. FC Porto
2. Chelsea FC
3. Dynamo Kyiv
4. Maccabi Tel Aviv

Group H:
1. Valencia CF
2. FC Zenit
3. Olympique Lyon
4. AA Gent

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but...

I live in the United States. My wife and I just happened to book a trip to Istanbul the same week that Galatasary plays Atletico Madrid.

I know nothing at all about getting tickets to Champions League matches. What's the most reliable way to get tickets? I have no idea where to start. Also, what's a reasonable cost for a ticket...just a ballpark figure so I don't get totally ripped off.

Thanks!

Well that's the UEFA League off again and Ronny is at it again, another hat-trick.

Surprised and not surprised at City against Juve (who have looked piss poor in their league) and a bad one for Shaw in another surprise defeat for Utd.

Good start for Seville as well although Borussia look terrible and will finish last.

Will see how UEFA League games play out tonight, time for Messi to outshine Ronny ,lol.

FD

Juve played very clever.
With hindsight it is logical they did so well.

Against City they played as underdogs and could play that match from a (more or less) defensive starting point.
In Serie A, they are the biggest fish in the pond and other teams have the luxury to play reactive against them.

And every Italian team is brilliant as a reactive team... this explains a lot.

Yesterday i watched AA Gent - Olympique Lyonnais.
This match was testimony of the referee problem that is becoming worse ande worse.

Gent got two straight red cards and one can't complain about both.
The first was a dangerous lounge from a player who had the ball too far from his feet and ended up with his foot on the leg of Gonalons and this above the ball. That is a logical red card.

The second was a player through on goal who was held back, logical red card and a penalty, no problems there.

BUT...

Before Dejaehere's red card, Ferri made a similar foul and only got yellow.
In the second half Umtitti revenged himself on Lepoitre, both got a yellow card. Umtiti should have got a straight red too.

Besides every time there was doubt about a decision, the ref favoured Lyon...this is the burden of litle teams. I can see it with our national team too, 5 or 6 six years ago, when there was doubt the decision often went against Belgium, now the decisions mostly go in their favour...

All in all perhaps a lucky point because Gent's GK saved a penalty, but Gent deserved that point for a very good first half with a positive attitude and very good football in a team without high level players and for playing more than one half with a man down and a couple of minutes with two men down. Also for scoring an equaliser with 10 against 11 and because the coach did not take an attacker off after the (first) red card. Afterwards he brought an attacker for an attacker which he only substituted after the second red card.

In this team the coach is the star. He has a a unique and very positive vision on football and he didn't changed it a bit for Gent's first ever matvh in the CL. hats off to him.

Man, man am i enjoying Borussia Mönchengladbach against Man City.
That Raffael guy is phenomenal.

What a terrific match.

Nearly perfect away performance from us in the 1st half
Fernando in the single pivot with Yaya and Dinho ahead of him is what I've wanted to see for ages

well, despite the big improvement in the second half, it's still a mediocre game by RM. soooooo many wrong passes, a lack of harmony between the front line players .. Ronaldo is a ghost of himself, sometimes when you need him to be selfish, he suddenly passes the ball instead of trying himself to score, and the pass is shitty ..

Nacho is amazing me, I never thought this player would reach this level of confidence .. I know his goal was pure luck, but at least being there at the right moment, means something .. and the goal aside, he performed well defensively .. better than what Marcelo has ever done in his career .. we all know Marcelo is a weakness in any defensive systematic, despite being so creative and helpful attack-wise ..

Lucas Vazquez is a very good surprise this season, and he did very well today, he totally neutralized Maxwell and the whole left flank of PSG.

anyways, let's hope the team gets better with the injured players back .. because Rafa is doing a great work ...

Class performance from us. Qualified already :) Hopefully we can win the group now and keep Barca at bay for at least a couple of rounds!

I can't remember watching RM play that bad, but than again I haven't been able to follow each and every game like I do now 3-4 years ago. I am actually quite surprised that with so many players out with injury team is still strong enough that they manage to play badly and win. Lucas Vazquez and Nacho are biggest surprises so far this season for me, though I would add Casemiro to that list too. In his first half season at the club he was not that noticable and when he left for Porto on loan last season I didn't expect him to return and have any meaningful play time. Yet, you are nowdays almost sure to see his name in the starting 11 as you are sure to see Ronaldo

It's not the most fashionable team, but what a great campaign AA Gent is playing. They are currently second in their group. For a Belgian team that is quite an achievement and this with very, very good and offensive football.
Yesterday against Lyon they played their worst match. They were Lucky to win, to be fair Lyon deserved more than loosing and early in the match Gent was very Lucky with a ref decision (their GK should have been sent off).
Until that match, they were very unlucky. Lyon should also have had two sendings off in the first match in Gent. Also take a look at Valencia's winning goal home, how unlucky can one be and that in a match where they dominated for large parts of the time.

Yesterday's free kick that produced the equaliser was great.

Spurs are interested in forward Depoitre and Sven Kums is a fantastic midfielder (more and more people in Belgium think he should start with our national team instead of Witsel).

But the real star is the coach, Van Haezebrouck is great. A coach who alwys tries to play attacking football. Normally Belgian teams try not to loose in the CL. Not Gent, they are genuinely trying to win matches...

I know this pales compared to the big teams, but imo it's quite a big achievement.

The football threads on this forum are as good as death.

Yesterday i watched Manchester City - Borrussia Mönchengladbach. Just like the match in Germany, this was a real gem to watch. In the first half Borrussia were superb, for me this team is among the most attractive i've seen the last years. Their combinations in the first half were sublime.
In the second half City played higher up the field and they dominated from then on. In the end a very deserved win for City with an absolutely outstanding Sterling. I've been criticising him lately, but yesterday his performance was world class...

I hope i will see better matches than those two, but somehow i doubt it.

Edit: Kevin was poor yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom