UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

Real were the better team yesterday, Atlético show up in second half, equalise which was deserved... but Real tried more..

Pepe is a clown...

and have to agree with S-Nipe... don´t want to sound like broken record but i was thinking of BVB-LFC in terms of a match i was almost near heart attack for the whole match, yesterday i was yawning..

Real Madrid's statistics were impressive, as well.

Just take a look to their road to the final, it's a joke. And I say this with all my respects, but the only important opponent they faced was a very mediocre City and Atletico in the final winning in the penalties with an offside goal. Not really impressive at all, unlike 2 years ago when they really deserved it.

yeah it has been a very easy for them, but in the end nobody will care, Atlético should have played more agressively yesterday, their game changed with Y-F. Carrasco, but i thought Torres was very bad... Atlético deserved to win this year, but nobody will care who deserves it, in the end Real took this chance and the rest is already forgotten in a week or two.

Maybe Atletico should concentrate on football instead of provoking and other non football antics.
Real Madrid only played one very good team in the CL, Atletico in the final...

Surprised at how cautious Zidane is as a manager. Didn't make for a very exciting game.

Think everyone has wanted a Bayern-Barca final these last few years. Sadly it never happened. Their only matchup was enthralling. Pity it wasn't the final.

Think this Real team is the worst performing team to win the CL for a while. They're obviously a good side as demonstrated by their points total in the league but did they play well in the CL? They were poor vs us and we were poor in those games even by our crappy standards this season. We just didn't turn up after Silva went off. They had a tough time vs PSG and Wolfsburg and I can't remember who they played in the RD 16.

In the end tho they beat what was infront of them, even if they relied on an OG, an offside goal and a shootout in their final 2 games. The record books will show their name.

I feel sorry for Juanfran, one of the worst moments in football is missing a penalty in those moments.
well, a deserved title for us, good luck for Atlético, I know too many people hate their style, but like it or not, they are a very solid team.

and how funny from Barça fans talking about the easy road of Madrid this year, compare our road with yours and it's pretty much the same. PSG, Shakhtar, Malmo, Roma, Wolfsburg, City on one hand, on the other hand, Leverkusen (weaker than PSG), Roma (we faced it too), Bate (same as Malmo), Arsenal (maybe same as City or even easier), aaaaaaaand Atlético :D, you couldn't beat them, but we could.
and please these stupid comparaisons are nothing in modern football, it's about knowing how to play against your opponent.
Atlético knew how to stop Bayern and Barça, and Real Madrid knew how to deal with Atlético and their ability of stopping stronger sides.

I know i'm still not satisfied by Madrid performance, especially the attacking side, but no one can deny that yesterday we knew how to control the game for most of its parts, and we left Atlético no chance to force their style, Madrid was really pragmatic yesterday. they avoided successfully the situation were Atlético could be waiting for them and blocking every way to the goal.

about Ramos' goal, yes it was off-side, but it was really hard to decide, Ramos and Savic (I think) were practically holding each others in a way that you can't tell if there's an off-side, it's a matter of centimeters.

one of my happiest moments was Grizmann penalty miss, because it's wasn't a penalty at all, in fact, it should be a foul in favour of Pepe. so I was happy because it was pure justice.

i think Barcelona fans were not comparing the road to final between them and Madrid, but between Atlético and Real..

Pepe should not be mentioned, he should get a lengthy ban for that theatrics alone.. just writing this as a neutral, even the ref was in disbelief of his idiocy

one of my happiest moments was Grizmann penalty miss, because it's wasn't a penalty at all, in fact, it should be a foul in favour of Pepe. so I was happy because it was pure justice.

Even though I was pro-Real in the match, this was a clear penalty. And I had really hoped Pepe would have gotten a (second?) yellow card for his theatricals, this guy is a disgrace to watch.

I was for Atletico and i seriously doubt that this was a penalty, i think Torres committed the first foul, he "makes himself larger than necessay" (i'm sorry but i can't describe it more accurately).

About Pepe, he is the worst but what he does and how both teams played is typically Spanish. I love the technical ability of Spanish teams, but i'm fed up with their commedia dell' arte approach of the game.

One could say that Ramos was the match winner for Real. In the prolongations he had a row with Juanfran and kept on searching contact with him. My son had also noticed that. When Juanfran walked to the penalty spot, my son said that he would miss his penalty and that if he would have been Simeone, Juanfran woud be the last player to take a penalty because of what happened with Ramos...and of course Juanfran missed.
Keeping your cool in a match like that is also a form of profesionalism and if you consider this as a criterium then Pepe and Ramos are super professionals...but i'm fed up with those kind of matches (and Atletico and Simeone are perhaps even worse). No matter how much money is involved, sports is also about fair play...

I hope that this will be the last all Spanish final for quite a while now, but i guess that is idle hope...Barcelona-Real would be even worse and sooner or later they will play the final against each other...i think i won't bother to watch that one...

Last edited:
I was for Atletico and i seriously doubt that this was a penalty, i think Torres committed the first foul, he "makes himself larger than necessay" (i'm sorry but i can't describe it more accurately).

About Pepe, he is the worst but what he does and how both teams played is typically Spanish. I love the technical ability of Spanish teams, but i'm fed up with their commedia dell' arte approach of the game.

One could say that Ramos was the match winner for Real. In the prolongations he had a row with Juanfran and kept on searching contact with him. My son had also noiced that. When Juanfran walked to the penalty spot, my son said that he would miss his penalaty and that if he would have been Simeone, Juanfran woud be the last player to take a penalty because of what happened with Ramos...and of course Juanfran missed.
Keeping your cool in a match like that is also a form of profesionalism and if you consider this as a criterium then Pepe and Ramos are super professionals...but i'm fed up with those kind of matches (and Atletico and Simeone are perhaps even worse). No matter how much money is involved, sports is also about fair play...

I hope that this will be the last all Spanish final for quite a while now, but i guess that is idle hope...Barcelona-Real would be even worse and sooner or later they will play the final against each other...i think i won't bother to watch that one...

I absolutely agree with everything what you said. Couldn't have found better words. Only thing is the penalty. Take a look here at 1:11. That is not a foul by Torres, but clearly by Pepe, who just runs into the leg. And if you argue he wanted to play the ball, why is he also bumping into Torres' back then (visible in the last replay)? Again, I wanted Real to win, but this was a clear penalty for Atletico to me.

agreed w/ all , I tried to ignore the throwing the ball on pitch antics from Simeone :COAT: too. Imagine (if) Costa was still there :SMUG:

that case is called obstruction, S-Nipe, Torres obstructed Pepe.

Well, he wants to get to the ball. Check his right foot when they fall, it's perfectly in line with the ball, so he was trying to get the ball. I don't see an obstruction here, that is a normal movement for a striker.

But okay, we disagree on that situation, which is just fair. Real won anyway, which is what we both wanted, so let's not further discuss one single situation here.:BEER:

Think that's a foul on Pepe.

Had no idea there was a penalty lol. Missed the first 10 mins of the 2nd half

Cavani missed some chances, but they weren't exactly easy.
Very impressed with Aurier.

Once again (i remember the Spurs match last season), Ospina did very well.

Cavani missed some chances, but they weren't exactly easy.
Very impressed with Aurier.

Once again (i remember the Spurs match last season), Ospina did very well.

Ospina did good but we gave the ball away cheaply and PSG were quick but they didn't finish.They sure had Alexis under wraps. It looked hopeless in the attacking aspect seeing Coq so far up the pitch was very disturbing, it was the same vs Soton. At the end the result was covering many, many cracks.

Well, i Always support outsiders.
Would like Monaco, Sevilla, Dortmund or Napoli to win it. But of course i know that will not happen.

Of the big teams Manchester City or PSG if they play like Tuesday.

Juve...why not, but i still see them as cheaters...with the drugs and what Moggi did with the refs...and i quite like Nainggolan (that would be a player for City, by the way) and he really doesn't like Juve (and that's an understatement).

5-3 what a game! I am exhausted

That Falcao goal :SHOCK:

Monaco were very, very good and Mbappe looks a serious player for the future

Roll on the 2nd leg. More of the same please (tho less defensive fuck ups from us!)

Great match to watch.
That Falcao goal was fantastic, although he somehow lost the match for Monaco.
IMO his missed penalty and Subasic's subsequent howler were the turning points.
Great match by City nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom