UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

I think nobody will ever recover from this. I for one will never see football as a serious competition ever again

PSG make too many mistakes, 3 first goals are like gifts for the Barca

1489009084_901318_1489009143_noticia_normal.jpg

Eternal Barca !

Safe to say that Barca and Arsenal are out

Fancy Juve to win it this year.

Never underestimate the sheer cheating prowess of 'Luis the disgraceful' and the spineless (let's be kind) nature of referees at the homes of the big 3

Last edited:
They (PSG) only have to blame themselves.
on the other hand, this could prove to be a major boost for Barcelona.

^^

Agree, this game will change the whole season for them, the confidence boost is huuuuuuuuge.
After being a mediocre team for the whole season, and after all the criticism for Enrique, now they find themselves maybe the 1st contender for the trophy.
Practically same thing happened two years ago against Bayern.

It's too easy to blame all this on the referee.
PSG were spineless.

IMO the second penalty was not clearcut, but there was definitely contact (a push in Suarez' back) and with the new penalty rule interpretation everything becomes extremely subjective.

Years ago, every contact in the box was a penalty.

Now you see contacts that are given as a foul everywhere on the pitch except in the box.

The only solution is a double one: every contact in the box is a penalty and dives get sanctioned.

For the second penalty yesterday (the one Neymar scored afterwards): penalty and a yellow card for diving for Suarez.
If it turns out that a players dives and that there was no contact: a sending off (you need a video ref in that case).

every contact in the box being called would just end with a penalty every other corner kick.
I would love to see that, because during corner kicks there's some clear contact (pushing, pulling, kicking ...) with the intention of blocking the attacker.

BUT, I don't consider what happened between Marquinhos and Suarez a contact. It's a slight touch.

What really bugs me, is that every referee knows that Suarez and Neymar are the biggest divers of the game, which means that with them specifically you have to be strict, yet, they easily and quickly whistle and give them penalties, and the worst of all is that the 2nd penalty was in a crucial time that demands more concentration and patience from the referee. The way I see it : it's as if the referee was waiting for it to whistle and give a penalty.

On the other hand, minute 85, Mascherano did have a contact with Di Maria when he was one-on-one (Mascherano confessed after the game), imagine 3-2 in the 85th minute, it's done.

I don't accuse the referee, but there was a little a push from him.

It took the perfect storm for PSG to crash out. That means that them being spineless wasn't enough.

To me, it's hard to explain how on earth Barca got those 2 outrageous penalties (while PSG had 2 penalty shouts themselves) and on top of that they got 5 minutes added time, for which I didn't see any need whatsoever.
Hard not to look at this sham organised by UEFA with lots of suspicion.

The elements are all well known, Barca have the 2 most prolific diving cheats in football (Suarez and Neymar).

What makes it worse is that Suarez was already on a yellow for diving. The nerve on that bastard.
He fell down like he was choking after inhaling mustard gas. Neymar fell down like he could have broken his leg from tripping over Meunier's head.

Sorry guys, no matter your background and how long you've been watching football. This is like another sport all together.

Was there contact? Well, guess what, there is all the time. Football is a contact sport, and if you don't fancy it, try a career in volleyball or tennis.

Football justice would have been also that sneaky c*nt Vardy seeing red. I'm no fan of Nasri, but the whole fracas was Vardy's fault and he was the one who headbutt Nasri if you watch it closely.

UEFA really are a bunch of scums.
Read this: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...a-monaco-impotent-bus-attack-champions-league
The gist of the article: Tuesday Borussia Dortmund got a text message from UEFA that the match against Monaco was rescheduled less than 24 hours later. No mention about the bombs and the shock this must have caused to the squad...heartless bastards.

This was perhaps the best fixture in this round, but what an idea to reschedule it less than 24 hours...they handed Monaco the next round on a plate. I like both teams, but this is really unfair.

Kasai had a horrible match yesterday, this was a great and close match and the qualification was entirely decided by the ref. IMO Real were the better team over both matches and deserve to go through, but surely not this way...

This ref should not officiate in the CL again...

Will be over tonight, unless the ref helps a big hand.
Barcelona is the only really big team i like (but not this particular team) so i'm rather positively biased towards them, but Juventus are better.

Juventus probably have the best defensive 5 in the world as a unit.

Barcelona won against PSG because PSG simply were not good enough. I know the ref helped, but imo PSG did not deserve to go through.

Oh and watch out for Atletico.

I want either Monaco or Borussia Dortmund to win it.

On the other hand, the Spanish league is so strong. I watched my favourite team (Genk) play Celta de Vigo at Celta. They lost 3-2, which seems a very good result. But Vigo were sooo much better...and this team isnt even in the top half of that league
In an ideal world Genk could have played that match with players who came from their youth ranks: Courtois, Kabasele, Defour, De Bruyne, Praet, Carrasco, Origi and Benteke. And then they could add to those youth players some players they unearthed: Ndidi, Milenkovic Savic (he will be a very big player), Leon Bailey, Coulibaly (Napoli) and Kara Mbodj (Anderlecht)... That is a team that could win the CL...with such a team one can atract two decent full backs...

Last edited:
Money makes the world go around in all existing levels on this planet, of course football or let's say Champions League "big/star" teams could not be out of this trick, some of them get any player they want anytime they want, others get a few advantageous referee decisions and we all simply have to just move on with this.

Oh and it has been a travesty of a tournament for a long time. Since the beginning to be fair.

Europa Cup 1 was much better.

Only the champions and the title defenders in it.

The way the money is divided between the clubs is a scandal...

THE CL makes big clubs bigger and kills serious competition. It is not good for football that all the best players play in one or two leagues. Now that some very good players in their primùe go to China, fans from all over Europe are alarmed, but England was China until now and before England Italy was China and before that France was China...

Like i said in my post before this, my favourite Belgian team could have had one of the best teams in Europe with youth players and with foreign gems they unearthed, but in current football this is an illusion. Such a shame.

Rant over, sorry.

Thanks. Don't worry.
What about the North London derby?

This comes at the wrong moment for Spurs. I think Arsenal will win. Somehow the match against Spurs is the only one where the Arsenal players can suprass themselves (play like winners).
IF Arsenal could play 38 times against Spurs, they would be invincible every season...

IMO there is no doubtr which team was by far the best this season (Spurs), but Arsenal could still win silverware and Spurs will not.

Nah, I think they can't pull it off at White Hart Lane at this time. I couldn't watch the game against Leicester yesterday, but it seems our offense was very poor.
At the moment, Chelsea and Tottenham can't be caught in the league. They're on impressive winning streaks. Spurs have the slightest chance at the title (given Chelsea's remaining fixtures, it would take a monumental capitulation to lose the 4 point gap) but it all depends on this derby. Anything other than a win for Spurs and their chances are over.

Chelsea might be able to put a lot of focus on the FA cup final, so I think it will be a very difficult task for this Arsenal side... but the beauty of football is that anything can happen in one match, so we never know!

Back
Top Bottom