UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

i still reckon pro evo on ps2 is better but this plays better than pes on xbox 360 if you know what i mean....[/QUOTE]

I agree mate

Well I just played PES6 again, online. The first guy I get; ICE MAN ALI (don't know if anybody knows him). There's no lag, no cheating, just a good game of football. I was amazed. I lost 2-1, but I didn't care, because I had a decent game of football against somebody who wasn't just playing to cheat and to piss me off. Skipped all replays etc. rather than watching each one 82 times...

Just to remind people, the last three or four games I played on UEFA were all the same, the opposition hammering the through-ball button and exploiting a glitch to be given countless one-on-ones, plus lag-cheating as well whenever I got the ball into their half.

UEFA is the best game of football I've ever played versus the CPU, but I've played one game of PES6 online (excluding the ten or so I played last year - perhaps the cheats have got bored and left), and already I'm having a blast.

I'm glad I've got both though, because if I want to play the CPU then, sorry, UEFA still wins hands-down...

UEFA is the best game of football I've ever played versus the CPU, but I've played one game of PES6 online (excluding the ten or so I played last year - perhaps the cheats have got bored and left), and already I'm having a blast.

I'm glad I've got both though, because if I want to play the CPU then, sorry, UEFA still wins hands-down...

i told ya PES is all about multiplayer

it always has been and always will be, which is great because there is no satisfaction in playing the CPU

Heh, didn't last too long. Just had three games in a row with nothing but cheats and cutback-goals.

It's not just PES though, don't get me wrong, it's in UEFA and it's in EVERY SINGLE game that I've got (cheats, lag-cheats, people who know the game's weaknesses).

Why does it feel like the games companies don't care if you cheat?

I think I'm starting to hate games...

Heh, didn't last too long. Just had three games in a row with nothing but cheats and cutback-goals.

It's not just PES though, don't get me wrong, it's in UEFA and it's in EVERY SINGLE game that I've got (cheats, lag-cheats, people who know the game's weaknesses).

Why does it feel like the games companies don't care if you cheat?

I think I'm starting to hate games...

how do you cheat at pES, i dont think you can...

The Cut Back goals it what JB would prob refer to as cheating, basically its so hard to defend against once a quick winger gets to the by-line, cuts along the box and knocks it back to the penalty spot for some striker to score. I had it happen alot and I only had PES6 about a week, I aint the best player in the world, but when all people want to do it win for the sake of it, it doesnt have spoil the game.

I aint brilliant at UEFA either, and havent played it alot yet, but just playing friends online is enjoyable, even if u do get gubbed 4v0, at least you can joke and laugh and swear without someone calling you a sore loser. When I had PES, I also found it close to impossible to find games and connect, maybe it was just my ISP at the time. Though I do remember finding a game, a bloke was sitting over Villa, so I selected West Ham, he immediatly went and selected Brazil, I needless to say quit the game than give him any pleasure in whipping me.

Can you unlock semis, quarters etc in Friendly mode or is it only "Friendly" and "Champions league final"

As you progress through the stages in the Champions League mode, it unlocks those stages in friendly mode.

how do you cheat at pES, i dont think you can...
For a start, you've got the guys who put the cursor over "Lancashire Athletic" and when you select "Merseyside Blue" they switch to AC Milan. Then you've got the guys who use cutbacks NON-STOP. Then you've got lag-cheats (i.e. they start downloading the last Britney Spears album when you get the ball in their half and then pause it when they regain possession).

Then you've got the guys who pause the game at every opportunity and sit there for the full 90 seconds, doing NOTHING, just to piss you off. Then you've got the guys who will hack you down when you're going to score, and get a yellow card for it because the referee is a tit. Then you've got the guys who watch every single replay over and over and over (not cheating but ruins the game completely). And finally, you've got the guys who just quit.

If you don't consider any of that cheating then can I borrow your rose-tinted glasses and wonderful temperament?

I know this won't win me any friends but I've played UEFA CL again today and just think the gameplay is far, far superior to PES. It's lacking in areas but the parts they've got right are absolutely brilliant. It's just so much more fun smashing the ball home than in PES, where you have to remember to tap the button so slightly that you push the button in for milliseconds, otherwise the ball will balloon out of the stadium (the whole game is full of things like this that ruin the whole flow of the game - "shit, I've got to remember that in this version, you have to tap the button, whereas for the last five years it's been totally different and far more realistic"). DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion, if it differs from yours I sincerely apologise.

It's just a shame that both games are so limited. UEFA's finished once you've won the CL, and you can't play the game online due to the through-ball exploit. PES is utterly boring, but at least online you get close matches and less cheats than on UEFA.

I agree 100% with JB. PES6 is inferior to UEFA CL in most areas. My only gripe is the shooting on UEFA CL at times is a bit hit and miss and sometimes the Goalies pull off absolute Wonder Saves when ordinarily you would score.

Dj

For a start, you've got the guys who put the cursor over "Lancashire Athletic" and when you select "Merseyside Blue" they switch to AC Milan. Then you've got the guys who use cutbacks NON-STOP. Then you've got lag-cheats (i.e. they start downloading the last Britney Spears album when you get the ball in their half and then pause it when they regain possession).

Then you've got the guys who pause the game at every opportunity and sit there for the full 90 seconds, doing NOTHING, just to piss you off. Then you've got the guys who will hack you down when you're going to score, and get a yellow card for it because the referee is a tit. Then you've got the guys who watch every single replay over and over and over (not cheating but ruins the game completely). And finally, you've got the guys who just quit.

If you don't consider any of that cheating then can I borrow your rose-tinted glasses and wonderful temperament?

ok well the only one i doint see is the cut back one..

"hen you've got the guys who will hack you down when you're going to score, and get a yellow card for it because the referee is a tit. Then you've got the guys who watch every single replay over and over and over (not cheating but ruins the game completely)."

and thats not cheating to me, i do both of those, cause

a)cutting an opponent down happens in real life
b)making the opponent watch your replay is a form of tauting, which to me is fun, ahahahahahahah, especially when some fucker chooses inter and i score on him with palermo...

That's not very sportsman-like though, is it? If you do that then you're exactly the kind of person I don't want to play.

I want matches where you respect eachother through the game and say "good game" at the end, not "yeah yeah I'm the best, you're a loser"...

Some moron made me watch his replay for what must have been 60/90 seconds. There's no consideration for other people, they are just complete idiots. I could beat five men and score an overhead kick and I wouldn't replay it once. It's just a game, it's not real life. Get on with it.

can this game be edited? ie. like pro evo 6 can - with new graphics footballs stadiums etc? option files and the like?

It can't be patched, it's a 360 game...

You can unlock tons of stadia, balls etc. though.

Every game has a key, whenever the content is altered the key needs to be changed to match the content, but nobody has figured out how to do that yet (they've been trying since the 360 was released so I don't think it's going to happen any time soon).

But the game has official everything anyway (apart from one or two lesser-known teams).

Don't mention the goalies DJ, they give me bloody nightmares the friggen Frankenstein looking buggers!

That's not very sportsman-like though, is it? If you do that then you're exactly the kind of person I don't want to play.

I want matches where you respect eachother through the game and say "good game" at the end, not "yeah yeah I'm the best, you're a loser"...

Some moron made me watch his replay for what must have been 60/90 seconds. There's no consideration for other people, they are just complete idiots. I could beat five men and score an overhead kick and I wouldn't replay it once. It's just a game, it's not real life. Get on with it.

Agree fully with the replays, if I score and it was a normal goal then I skip the replays straight away. And it has to be a really good goal to watch the replay, and even then I watch it just once. I want to PLAY football, not watch a replay of what just happened.

Damn, with all the transfer speculation starting (Liverpool signing Lucas Leiva today), makes me realise that I'm gonna really miss the chance to do these transfers over the summer and play a proper tournament (as opposed to the only option UEFA gives us to play friendlies with updated squads).

Might be pleased I didn't chuck my PES6 with that in mind.....

Well I'm playing a league of FIFA 07 and the CL in UEFA CL, and they're not millions of miles apart, put it like that. But there's a few issues in FIFA 07 (player "bumping", where if you hit eachother at a certain angle you just stop completely dead for a second, and the speed of the gameplay is too fast compared to CL). Plus, after thinking FIFA 07 was way too hard, I've got used to UEFA and now I've gone back to it it's nowhere near as hard as UEFA is. And the opponents AI is MUCH more clever in UEFA.

If you were going to just buy one, I'd go with UEFA, but I'd miss the league mode (trust EA to split game modes across two versions).

Ah i see,
well iv got UEFA think its much better than PES expect the shooting still isnt as good as PES. But the AI is much better.
I was wondering to get FIFA 07 for the different modes

quick question - how do you change your captain in Ultmate Team Mode? I cant seem to find it - so my GK is always Captain :(

If you go to the next match screen (that shows you your little power bar on the left, how close you are to each level), you can press a button (start, I think) that brings up all your options, including management ones. You can change the captain in there.

Back
Top Bottom