UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
IGN has a preview with more news to come...

apparently they have gathered up info from forums and have resolved some of the issues we've had as far as it's gameplay is concerned...:applause:

I'm looking forward to seeing if they've changed the engine or if they're doing a Konami from now on... The fact that the "interactive leagues" feature of FIFA 07 on all of the other formats hasn't made it once again on the 360 says to me that it's exactly the same, but IGN claim it's an improved engine. Here's hoping!

i hope this game feels a bit more rewarding than 07 cause this could be a defo buy

This is great news! The more footy games the better! To be honest the idea of having a specific game focusing on the champions league is awesome.

I can remember the old ones being absolutely pants, with the graphics being absolutely awful. Atleast that side of it should change.

From these screens of the PS2 version the graphics dont look too different on that particular format:

screenshot_172469.jpg

screenshot_172468.jpg

screenshot_172467.jpg

screenshot_172465.jpg

screenshot_172466.jpg

screenshot_172464.jpg

screenshot_172463.jpg

The newest things I can see is that the players are now wearing gloves.

I cant wait to see what the nextgen version looks like. I really hope the refs are better and the players faces have been sorted out.

Btw, it also looks like this will be a PS3 launch game. Its been announced for the PS3, and we got a release schedule in today saying that it will be out on the PS3 on the same day as the 360. The schedule could be wrong, but heres hoping it gives us a clue of when the PS3 actually launches.

go on the ign link to see pics of the next-gen one
i noticed something about the next gen one aswell and the crowds look a little better

Last edited by a moderator:
go on the ign link to see pics of the next-gen one
i noticed something about the next gen one aswell and the crowds look a little better

Well imo the game looks exactly the same, with the faces also the same as Fifa 07.

Any news on which part of EA is making this game? I heard they have a different team that makes the spin offs to the the one that makes Fifa 07. That still the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
You bloody net-freaks hijack every thread!! I hope the nets react like brick walls just to spite the bloody lot of you!! :mryellow:

Hope they've improved the heading and volleying. I liked the Fifa 07 demo, but not enough to make me go and buy it, if there's a demo for this on the 360, I'll download it and give it a go.

Great nets will benefit all of us. he he

Scoring in pes is more satisfying because of this aswell, will be interesting to see what they improve, as fifa07 definitly has the base to become a great game(animations/physics/etc).

Can anyone post some screens with russian two participants? I mean PFC CSKA Moscow and FC Spartak Moscow. Cause i really don't see ANY improvements in the video level :) I just want to see if the kits and appearences match the current season ;)

the fonts are shit as in fifa 07, not gonna buy it until they finally decide to put in at least halfway realistic fonts and not size 4 times new roman on real madrid kits.

But you'll buy PES with it's West London White and Merseyside Red? I think you're being a bit harsh there!

nah, didn't buy that one either ;)

it just kinda pisses me off that they can't even get the fonts for big teams right, or at least a halfway realistic font size (!). i mean, the numbers are like at least 50% too small and just look at the "sergio ramos" writing on one of the shots, wtf ? i mean, it looks totally off. it's just like they have a fantastic new engine, but keep missing the small details to make it THE graphically most impressive football game. i'd rather have some less sweat or moving hair and maybe focus some more on the detail you see also without 200% zoom in replays ;)

I agree that some graphics need improvement, but I wouldn't boycott a game based on graphics alone. Every game can improve, but thankfully it appears that EA are concentrating more on the gameplay than on improving the graphics. I'd much rather have it that way than the old way, or "the Konami way" as it's now known (i.e. making the players look plastic, adding nothing else and selling it as a brand new game).

Saying all of that, however, EA have to prove themselves now. The graphics are the same, so the gameplay must be altered. If not, then I'm really concerned that we're going to be playing PES5 or FIFA 07 repackaged until the next time they decide to change things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom