ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Section_Logo.gif

Final :

Sporting (Portugal) vs. CSKA Moskva (Russia) 1 - 3

Last edited:
I want Middlesbrough to do well in the uefa cup.....hopefully they can beat sporting. I don't support them but i like small teams like that to do so well.....just like villareal last year when they go to the semi's.

Maybe thats why they are doing so shit because they can't handle the leagu and europe at the same time......thats what happened to real socidad and perugia

Milanista said:
Sevilla v Parma ------ Parma are in teh relegation zone of Serie A and are doing well in UEFA Cup.... lol

pretty poor seeing stuttgart not able to beat them.

bad week for german football.

Milanista said:
Sevilla v Parma ------ Parma are in teh relegation zone of Serie A and are doing well in UEFA Cup.... lol

Parma do it again. Amazing stuff by the relegation battlers, disposing of the 6th best la liga club at the moment.

Not a good year for La liga.

I think Villarreal or AZ Alkmaar will win the cup. Villarreal have not conceded a home European GOAL for a long time.

AZ Villareal/Steau in the QF. AZ did really wel against Shaktar and I do think CD might be right here. They have a well balanced team, with 4 internationals (Landzaat, Mathijsen, Meerdink, Kromkamp) I think Kromkamp will be one of the best RB's in Europe within 2 years.

Add a little van Galen and success is guaranteed.

Parma are only going good cause they have Marco Bresciano without him they would be pants.

AZ67!!!!!
And Joost, what a prophetic thread about Van Galen.

The final is Sporting x CSKA.
The match between AZ Alkmaar and Sporting was very intense.Sporting only scored the last goal on the last seconds of the extra time.
I still can´t believe that my team is on the UEFA cup final.I lost 10 years of my life because of those last seconds.

SPORTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game is very cruel. But losing twice in EXACTLY the same way within two days... how devistating for Dutch football. Especially PSV.

Last-minute goals are a pain in the ass.

Glavisted said:
I think AZ Alkmaar and Parma will play the final.

It's your fault that both these teams are not in the final.

As for AZ, it's a kick in the nuts for sure. I would have liked them to play CSKA in the final, just to stick the finger up at the Celtic fans who said that both AZ and CSKA at the time of beating Rangers were "diddy teams."

DAMN! I missed the UEFA Cup match on eurosport yesterday.

But saw the highlights on eurosport news, that sporting and AZ game looked like a heavy game.

I watched the AZ - Sporting game. What a match! Heartbreak for AZ. I couldn't believe it myself. Quite amazing. Just goes to show really, keep playing until the final whistle.

foxtrot said:
It's your fault that both these teams are not in the final.

As for AZ, it's a kick in the nuts for sure. I would have liked them to play CSKA in the final, just to stick the finger up at the Celtic fans who said that both AZ and CSKA at the time of beating Rangers were "diddy teams."
I never once said that, Joost had spoken to me quite a number of times before Rangers were even drawn against AZ about what a great team they were. I wasn't overly impressed with CSKA, but they're not a bad team at all.

Cruijff said:
The game is very cruel. But losing twice in EXACTLY the same way within two days... how devistating for Dutch football. Especially PSV.

Last-minute goals are a pain in the ass.

There's a popular portuguese proverb who says that:

"Até a lavagem dos cestos é vindima" -> "Until the washing of the baskets is grape harvest!"

---

The game is 90 ou 120 mimutes more adicional time!

Good luck to Sporting, they deserve the cup(CSKA too)! ;)

Back
Top Bottom