UEFA Cup 2006/2007 [first round]

That was clever, I agree. Too bad they conceded another which means that Blackburn only have to score one goal in the second leg.

Quality football by Leverkusen tonight, though. Kiessling was great.

2:0 to bremen...ajax down to 10...but 2nd wasn't a goal :) anita clearly stopped it in front of the line

but werder dominating now

1:0 for Benfica, SUPERB goal by Miccoli, that was really ANGER!

Dinamo Bucaresti players and the refeere were simply a shame. What a lack of fair play!

UEFA CUP RESULTS

AZ ALKMAAR - Fenerbahçe, 2-2 (3-3 with both games)
(Martens 63', Opdam 86'; Tumer Metin 21', Alex 34')

Blackburn Rovers - BAYER LEVERKUSEN, 0-0 (2-3)

Nancy - SHAKHTAR DONETSK, 0-1 (1-1)
(Fernandinho 70')

Dínamo Bucaresti - BENFICA, 1-2 (0-1)
(Munteanu 23'; Anderson 50', Katsouranis 64')

MACCABI HAIFA - CSKA Moscow, 1-0 (0-0)
(Colautti 14')

CELTA DE VIGO - Spartak Moscow, 2-1 (1-1)
(Nené 19', Jonathan 78'; Titov 88')

NEWCASTLE UNITED - Zulte-Waregem, 1-0 (3-1)
(Martins 68')

Panathinaikos - RC LENS, 0-0 (1-3)

PARIS SG - AEK Athens, 2-0 (2-0)
(Frau 42', Mendy 90'+3 g.p.)

Parma - SP. BRAGA, 0-1 (0-1)
(Diego 89')

SEVILLA - Steaua Bucaresti, 1-0 (2-0)
(Kerzhakov 45'+3)

Ajax - WERDER BREMEN, 3-1 (0-3)
(Leonardo 4', Huntelaar 60', Babel 74'; Hugo Almeida 14')

RANGERS - Hapoel Telavive, 4-0 (1-2)
(Ferguson 24', 73', Boyd 35', Adam 90'+5)

OSASUNA - Bordeaux, 1-0 a.p. (0-0)
(Nekounam 120')

ESPANYOL - Livorno, 2-0 (2-1)
(Lacruz 16', Coro 49')

UEFA CUP - Round of 16

Sp. Braga (PRT) vs Tottenham (ENG)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) - Espanyol (SPN)
Rangers (SCO) - Osasuna (SPN)
Newcastle United (ENG) - AZ Alkmaar (NL)
Sevilha (SPN) - Shakthar Donetsk (UKR)
Lens (FRA) - Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
Paris SG (FRA) - Benfica (PRT)
Celta de Vigo (SPN) - Werder Bremen (GER)

Sides: 4 Spanish, 2 English, 2 French, 2 German, 2 Portuguese, 1 Dutch, 1 Scotch, 1 Ukranian and 1 Israelite.

Last edited:
Good solid result from Rangers tonight, comfortbale victory in the end. Hapoel's defending was shocking at times but fair play to the boys who showed what it is all about to play for Rangers.

Much better looking cup now its down to the last 16. About 8 teams that for me have a good chance of winning it.

Also a cracking few ties that will be better to watch than half the boring games in the CL. Dont get me wrong I know the second legs will be more interesting but the first legs were not exacty all griping apart form a few of the games.

Ajax almost pulled of what would be a historical comeback... At least they gave it all and delivered the fans an excellent match!

Indeed we did, we played very well. Werder seems in terrible form though, they didn't impress me at all over both legs, but they were lucky with our Red card, and injured defenders, wich lead to us giving away some cheap goals.

Well done by AZ aswell, 2-0 down and fought back to 2-2, not exactly the first time they did that in Europe :)

the tourniment is shaping up to look quite exciting now , thers some gd ties in the mix , im confident though newcastle can progress to the final 8 nufc all the way :D

Yeah I can say the same, this is the most competitive UEFA CUP of all the time in past years! ;)

So many quality clubs... :applause:

The Champions League's "ugly sister," the UEFA Cup, continues tonight with the round of 16 first legs.

SC Braga vs Tottenham Hotspur FC
Celta de Vigo vs SV Werder Bremen
RC Lens vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Rangers FC vs CA Osasuna
Maccabi Haifa FC vs RCD Espanyol
Paris Saint-Germain FC vs SL Benfica
Newcastle United FC vs AZ Alkmaar
Sevilla FC vs FC Shahktar Donetsk

The teams in bold are the teams I think will progress to the quarter finals. Although I think Benfica will put them out, I'd love to see Rangers vs PSG in the next round! :mryellow:

Osasuna have a load of injuries and are missing a number of key players for tonights game against Rangers at Ibrox. Hopefully we can take advantage of this and take a decent lead over to Pamplona.

Think Rangers will beat Osasuna tonight, but not overall. Although not sure how seriously Osasuna are taking the tie as they have dropped 5 players (excluding the 3 main injuries they got) due to this week's Valencia game.

FD

Think Rangers will beat Osasuna tonight, but not overall. Although not sure how seriously Osasuna are taking the tie as they have dropped 5 players (excluding the 3 main injuries they got) due to this week's Valencia game.

FD

I count 4 injuries (Milosevic, Soldado, Valdo, Delporte) and a suspension (Pinal).

"We will miss Savo Milosevic and Roberto Soldado but apart from the injured players, we will play our strongest side."

Hope Sporting Braga bring a victory or a draw at White Hart Lane, seems Tottenham fans will not like Braga kit, it's just like Arsenal and their nickname are "Arsenalistas".

Benfica will play home tonight in Paris agaisnt Paris Saint-German, I think that we'll give a great football show and a great atmosphere tonight.

Força Brigada Arsenalista!

The teams in bold are the teams I think will progress to the quarter finals. Although I think Benfica will put them out, I'd love to see Rangers vs PSG in the next round! :mryellow:

Are you scary my friend? :mryellow:

I honestly thought AZ would give Newcastle a tough game, still pleanty of time left over the two legs but if AZ go away without an away goal then they are done.

EDIT: Only one Averladze. :p Why did we ever let him go. :(

Last edited:
let them just get one more back and they are capable of everything at home :)

rangers - osasuna 0:1

Rangers have just played their worst half of the entire season! :shock:

Also Ferguson got booked meaning he'll miss the 2nd leg.

Jesus wept.

Last edited:
MARRTINNNSSSS !!!! 4-2 hahah newcastle are way too good for AZ i was there tonight and i guess it shows the

diferece between the premierleague and eridivise beacuse newcastle were on fire in the first half, without haf time

we cuda went 5 or 6-1 up :roll: we will finish it in holland az defence is way to shakey and they look scared of

martins

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom