UEFA CUP First Round Draw

elensar77

11 Abdul Kader Keita
12 October 2006
Ali Sami Yen Hell
Galatasaray SK
Eighty teams enter this afternoon's UEFA Cup first round draw from 13.00CET in Monaco knowing they are just one tie from the competition's group stage.

Group 1: Seeded Unseeded
AC Milan (ITA) FC Zürich (SUI)
Beşiktaş JK (TUR) FCU Politehnica Timisoara (ROU)
FC Spartak Moskva (RUS) FC Baník Ostrava (CZE)
Hertha BSC Berlin (GER) FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
FK Partizan (SRB) Saint Patrick's Athletic FC (IRL)

Group 2: Seeded Unseeded
Sevilla FC (ESP) Vitória SC (POR)
FC Rapid Bucureşti (ROU) VfL Wolfsburg (GER)
Paris Saint-Germain FC (FRA) Kayserispor (TUR)
UC Sampdoria (ITA) FC Salzburg (AUT)
Portsmouth FC (ENG) FBK Kaunas (LTU)

Group 3: Seeded Unseeded
Valencia CF (ESP) NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Club Brugge KV (BEL) CS Marítimo (POR)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) Motherwell FC (SCO)
Manchester City FC (ENG) BSC Young Boys (SUI)
AS Nancy-Lorraine (FRA) AC Omonia (CYP)

Group 4: Seeded Unseeded
SL Benfica (POR) SSC Napoli (ITA)
Everton FC (ENG) R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
FC Dinamo 1948 Bucureşti (ROU) NEC Nijmegen (NED)
Galatasaray AŞ (TUR) AC Bellinzona (SUI)
Real Racing Club Santander (ESP) FC Honka Espoo (FIN)

Group 5: Seeded Unseeded
FC Schalke 04 (GER) PFC Litex Lovech (BUL)
RC Deportivo La Coruña (ESP) Vitória FC (POR)
SC Heerenveen (NED) SK Brann (NOR)
FK Austria Wien (AUT) KKS Lech Poznań (POL)
Aston Villa FC (ENG) APOEL FC (CYP)

Group 6: Seeded Unseeded
PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS) Brøndby IF (DEN)
VfB Stuttgart (GER) FC Twente (NED)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) SC Vaslui (ROU)
SK Slavia Praha (CZE) PFC Cherno More Varna (BUL)
Stade Rennais FC (FRA) NK Slaven Koprivnica (CRO)

Group 7: Seeded Unseeded
Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG) BV Borussia Dortmund (GER)
AFC Ajax (NED) Wisla Kraków (POL)
Udinese Calcio (ITA) FC Moskva (RUS)
PFC Levski Sofia (BUL) FK Borac (SRB)
FC København (DEN) MŠK Žilina (SVK)

Group 8: Seeded Unseeded
Hamburger SV (GER) AS Saint-Etienne (FRA)
Olympiacos CFP (GRE) FC Artmedia Petržalka (SVK)
Feyenoord (NED) AFC Unirea Urziceni (ROU)
SC Braga (POR) FC Nordsjælland (DEN)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) Kalmar FF (SWE)

This season best UEFA CUP.

I think.

what means this organisation in groupe seeded unseeded?
for example Milan can only play against one team of the group 1 in the draw?

spurs v dortmund will be good, everton v standard liege should be a cracker. liverpool are very weak this year and made the belgians look good, everton are to powerful for liege.
yes the uefa cup looking very good this year as it was last year, lots of very exciting games, the champions league is a bit boring at times just like the premier league has become.

think the man city fixture above is wrong!

Udinese-Dortmund
Napoli-Benfica (!!!)
Milan-Zurich
Sampdoria-Kaunass.

Tough draw for Napoli and Udinese....

belfastjams- Dortmund dont play Spurs...

Anyone else prepared to bet Zurich will beat Milan?

the rossoneri have some serious issues and a lot of players in bad form..... but it's not like they lost against weak sides.
bologna is a pretty good team and genoa is a fantastic team (every top team in europe would face a hell of a challenge, trying to beat genoa in genova)....
so i really can't see milan loosing this one.

napoli benfica could be a fantastic match! it's a shame one of em will be kicked out of the competition.

the rossoneri have some serious issues and a lot of players in bad form..... but it's not like they lost against weak sides.
bologna is a pretty good team and genoa is a fantastic team (every top team in europe would face a hell of a challenge, trying to beat genoa in genova)....
so i really can't see milan loosing this one.

napoli benfica could be a fantastic match! it's a shame one of em will be kicked out of the competition.

You can't seriously be trying to justify getting beaten by Bologna. Atalanta (my adopted Italian team) beat them!

You can't seriously be trying to justify getting beaten by Bologna. Atalanta (my adopted Italian team) beat them!

well Foxtrot, there's no shame in being beated by your adopted team, as atalanta finished last season in 9th place (ahead of teams like lazio, palermo and genoa), and they beated teams like lazio, genoa, napoli, sampdoria and milan itself (twice, last season)..... not exactly a bad team. ;)

talking about bologna u might think they're a poor team just coz last season they were playing in serie b.... but take a look at their roster; castellini, zenoni, terzi, volpi, mudingay, adailton...... this is not west bromwich albion, this is not stoke city or hamilton academical or even numancia..... we're talking about a completely different class.
their playmaker was very close to sign for real madrid just 3 seasons ago, and his midfield partner was playing in champions league last season.:))

as for milan, they have been missing many key players, like nesta, kakà, borriello and inzaghi. pato came back from the olimpyc games in a pretty bad form. ronaldinho had just 2 o 3 training sessions before the bologna match.... just a couple of hours to get in touch with his new team.
i mean, it's not that hard to find some justifications for their performance, afterall.
would it be so crazy to see, let's say for instance, a man utd without ferdinand, c. ronaldo, tevez and rooney, loosing the first match of the season against middlesborough? (if u wanna find a decent counterpart for bologna in premiership, starting from the bottom of the table u have to keep scrolling up till u reach middlesborough)

anyhow mate, in my previous post i didn't mean to justify milan's performance. i was just pointing out that they didn't loose against very weak sides, and, with all the respect for zurich, Bologna is on another planet (not to mention genoa, of course).
of course everything can happen in football (look at roma's performance in champions league.... that really is impossible to justify!), but i wouldn't put a single cent on zurich winning the match. :))

Well we are not going to see the typical Milan today. Change in formation and new starters.

AC Bellinzona 3 - 4 Galatasaray SK

'32 Lustrinelli (AC Bellinzona)
'39 Kewell (Galatasaray SK)
'47 Gurkan (AC Bellinzona)
'51 Baros (Galatasaray SK)
'80 Baros (Galatasaray SK)
'90 La Rocca (AC Bellinzona)
'90 Lincoln (Galatasaray SK)

They were really tough team.

We were going only 17 player for this match.
11 player missed.
And last minute injury Aydın(talentad young right wing - probably 11 player)
12 missed.
And.

We must play 3-5-2,they had 3 shoot and 3 goal.Our shoot and goal position was 20.

not good result 4-3

4 goals away. it's in the bag. ;)

amazing work by Dan Petrescu at Urziceni. 0 - 0 away at Hamburg is a very good result. especially for a team which promoted in the first league 2 seasons ago.

Borriello's goal was a stunner and I am really happy the way Sheva played, created many chances but unlucky to score...

Back
Top Bottom