UEFA Euro 2008 - Austria Switzerland

Does anyone remember the extra qualifiers for Euro 2000 betwen Slovenia and Ukraine? Acimovic scored from the half of the pitch. :applause:

Serbia Squad for the first competitive match ever...

Golmani: Vladimir Stojković [Nant], Vlada Avramov [Fjorentina].

Odbrambeni fudbaleri: Marjan Marković [Dinamo Kijev], Nemanja Vidić [Mančester junajted], Milan Stepanov [Trabzonspor], Milan Biševac [Crvena zvezda], Mladen Krstajić [Šalke], Aleksandar Luković [Askoli], Branislav Ivanović [Lokomotiva Moskva].

Fudbaleri sredine terena: Igor Duljaj [Šahtjor], Nenad Kovačević [Crvena zvezda], Dejan Stanković [Inter], Ivan Ergić [Bazel], Aleksandar Trišović [Crvena zvezda], Saša Ilić [Galatasaraj], Ognjen Koroman [Portsmut].

Napadači: Danijel Ljuboja [Štutgart], Marko Pantelić [Herta], Nikola Žigić [Crvena zvezda], Danko Lazović [Viteze].

Lots of the big time players have quit or been ditched by the new boss, Havijer Clemente.

No places for Drago Jevrić (Goalie), Goran Gavrančić(defender), Kežman and Milošević (Strikers), Pedrag Đorđević (Midfield) amongst others. Some other players like Mirko Vučinić are still in the process of deciding if they will play for Serbia or for the new Montenegro team.

Ahh :D Norway beat Hungary 4-1 last night, in Budapest.
Im so happy.

You are my Solskjaer,
My Ole Solskjaer,
You make me happy,
When skies are grey,
And Alan Shearer, Was f*cking dearer,
So Please don't take, My Solskjaer, Away.....

Hungary - Norway 1-1
Solskjaer
Stromstad
(Marco van) Gamsten ;D
Solskjaer!

We're going to the Euro'ship *lø lø lø lø lø* :D

Czechs were fucking lucky, an offside goal, and then a winner from a free kick taken with a rolling ball. Fucking robbery!! :x

slovakia pulled out a impressive performance, especially marek mintal. his first match after 1 year of break and he scored 2 and gave 3 assists.

Bulgaria 3 - 0 Slovenia

A totally deserved defeat for us. It SHOULD be 4, but the linesman flagged for an offside when there was none. As long as we have Zavrl as the president of our football federation and Oblak as our coach we can only dream of getting to Austria/Switzerland.

Our football federation should really do something and at least bring in the type of coach Guus Hiddink is and then rebuild the team. A man can dream...

Rep. of Macedonia 0 - 1 England

A very positive result for our (Slovenian) coach Srecko Katanec. :)

We got dealt with today :(

I know Zidane was awesome in the world cup, but I felt when he wasnt playing France were better overall. It certainly showed today.

Im not too concerned right now as its early days. Our season hasnt even started yet. Once '07 starts everyone will see a sharper, fitter Italy. Although I feel we'll qualify the hard way by finish second.

Not happy about the manager though, still dont trust him 100%.

I can't believe Govou scored twice. And two nice goals :). This guy just won his ticket to stay in the team.

Last edited:
Im not too concerned right now as its early days. Our season hasnt even started yet. Once '07 starts everyone will see a sharper, fitter Italy.

but your 06/07 artistic diving season/championship has just begun
let me laugh ... :lol:

Milanista said:
Don't trust Donadoni. Shouldnt be experimenting in these games. 14run, i know you're bitter, good game France.:)

a little bit ;) but nothing mortal and with much humour on what remains a sport which generally joined together ... Italian French Spanish English etc ...
without good adversaries it is useless to win :)
excuse me for my syntax

Northern Ireland beat Spain tonigh, that sure was a surprise. These british teams are always hard to play, but still ...
At least I had my fun with my team. You don't see 13 goals everyday. ;)

I just found out some of our players got drunk like they just made it to the WC...in front of the sponsors!

Norway 2-0 Moldova.

We're going to Switz and Austria <3 :D
2-0-0
6-1

No one can beat us:

NEXT MATCHS: Greece - Norway in Athen

Wales - Slovakia 1:5, 70th minute right now

14' [0 - 1] D. Svento
32' [0 - 2] M. Mintal
37' [1 - 2] G. Bale
38' [1 - 3] M. Mintal
51' [1 - 4] M. Karhan
59' [1 - 5] R. Vittek

Sack Toshack. Fucking fat cunt. Sack the whole team. Sheepshagging twats.

I think I'll apply for Irish citizenship.

Even if you're the luckiest team in the world, congrats Scotland. The coach underated you after the 1st half... And we felt in the trap.

I think they were'nt lucky.

France thought they win the match, ball's possession was exclusively for "les Bleus".

But during the second half, we played more slowly, and made some ball's transmissions mistakes.

Scotland was more effective, they scored a goal on their quasi-unique action...

We had to score several times but we did'nt. Iles Feroes is a good way to confidence;)

Well played Scoltland, I hope to see you in Euro!:applause:

rateddave said:
I think they were'nt lucky.

France thought they win the match

No they didn't. But I'm sure they didn't expect Scotland to "play" in second half. French players were expecting an easier 2nd half. They were absolutely wrong. They didn't raise their level enough to fight back.

Well the trophy is in the bag. :mrgreen:

What a fabulous result and performance.

France did dominate possession, especially in the 1st half, although I didn't think they actually worked our golaie too much (btw Gordon is the best British goalie by a mile, one of the best in Europe).

Great to see a celt get the goal, Caldwell. He was fantastic and was rightly voted MOTM although the whole defence was brilliant. I'm not a big fan of Alexander but he was outstanding at left back.

Scotland showed a lot more belief in the 2nd half.

Even as a Celtic fan I have to say that Walter Smith (ex Rangers manager) has done a fantastic job and no matter what happens in now on in, we can be assured that our team will not embarass us like before.

FD

what a mistake by clemente!

serbia beats belgium but clemente substitutes 4 players :mrgreen:

58' Lazovic (in) - Trišovic (out) (Serbia)
71' Ergic (in) - Koroman (out) (Serbia
81' Stepanov (in) - Markovic (out) (Serbia)
90'+1'Duljaj (in) - Pantelic (out) (Serbia)

tuta77 said:
No they didn't. But I'm sure they didn't expect Scotland to "play" in second half. French players were expecting an easier 2nd half. They were absolutely wrong. They didn't raise their level enough to fight back.

We said the same thing but with different words. Playing on a lower level means "it's in the pocket".

The 1st half was a technic demonstration by France, but Scotland isn't a weak team, so they were waiting for an opportunity.
Scoltland realized France weren't effective in the 1st half, so they accumulated confidence. And they scored.

After that, our Midfielders were too far from our defense, France was cut in two pieces. That's why we played long balls during the lasts
20 minutes.
Playing long balls with Scoltland? No way, they are too strong at that.
Moreover, they played with 10 players to defend! Their 9 was completly alone to attack!

But I think France learned tonight.

Slovenia 2 - 0 Luxembourg

3 points for us, but I'm still very dissapointed with our display. 2 goals in the 1st half and then just no desire to push for more goals. I don't know what our players and Branko were thinking. We should've attack to get at least 4 more goals, because we could use some good goal difference if we continue playing like that.

I think we're gonna lose against Belarus 0-2 or even 0-3.

2-0!

Thank god for that! Was a must, especially after the Scotland performance. Need to beat those guys home and away now. Gonna be tough.

Back
Top Bottom