UEFA Euro 2008 France Italy

Himawari

Far from home
3 March 2006
Philly, PA
A.S. Roma
Who else saw this game? It was sad to see the Azzurri still not playing up to where they should be... but that can only be expected with injury and fatigue (along with a suspension). The French played a good game, don't get me wrong. But i'm gobsmacked to see some of the responces from them, Domenech's comment about playing "a near perfect match" also seemed a bit of a stretch.

The French beat a team that is still in recovery, from a country who's players are not yet in full form due to the fact that their domestic leauge (can't wait XD) has not yet started. I'm not complaining about the loss, I would perfectly see the Italian side not making it into the EURO '08 tournament after winning the World Cup, but the french seem to be bragging about kicking a man when its down. We (the italians) beat them with Zidane on their side, when they were at the top of their game, the italian's have lost nothing in this match.

The ref helped France a little on the first half...
First goal is offside, Penalty not given for Italy...

Second half was a one-sided game. France really a level above Italy.
3x1 well deserved if we look at this second half.

I should say that they've been truly a level above. congrats, France!!

Let's hope we can manage to get our next matches right, or we'll be seriously in trouble..
Ukraine isn't definitely a weak side..

Himawari said:
But i'm gobsmacked to see some of the responces from them, Domenech's comment about playing "a near perfect match" also seemed a bit of a stretch.
I know Italy wasn't well prepared but I also think it was near perfect. 2-0 after 20 minutes, a goal conceeded on FK, a great keeper, great goals, great tackles, great fighting spirit, great ref ;) (and not for the fake Pk). It's hard to do a more complete match. But I'm sure it won't be the same in Italy against a more complete and prepared team.

Himawari said:
the italian's have lost nothing in this match.
Yes, but today, they lost 3 pts and that's what really counts now.

Last edited:
tuta77 said:
Yes, but today, they lost 3 pts and that's what really counts now.
unfortunately I have 2 agree.. let's see what happens during the 2nd leg then, here in Italy..

Italians can't speak bout preparation, Domenech says Vieira play in Italy and very strong yesterday and i don't speak about Govou who play only 1 game with the CFA of Lyon !

from when donad*ni came i don't watch italy games no more...
altra cazzata di rossi :S

anyway it doesn't matter, the world champion are us

Yes, Donadoni isn't the best choice. Hes been a coach for 4 years, Genoa and Livorno... hardly World Class (no offence to their fans), and he lacks any experience. Why did Lippi go:(?

no mate, totti is in a war against him, and del piero is actually the best italian forward for his form, toni is 100 times better than bonazzoli, and camoranesi.. we must call semioli ?!?

Without take off the credits to France(who played a very good game)Italia missed too many players!!!CaMORAnesi,totti,del piero,lucas toni,nesta,materazzi(until today i don't know why he was banned??:roll: )
so let's imagine France without ribery,viera,henry,and gallas or thuram...
would be the same France??

Himawari said:
We (the italians) beat them with Zidane on their side, when they were at the top of their game, the italian's have lost nothing in this match.

Italy had not beat France in the Final Cup. 1-1 is a draw. Zidane had a red card so we were 10. Italy won at the penalties.

Ya talk about lack of preparation, but Viera is Interist, and Govou (who scored 2 goals) plays with CFA (Amateur).

And Zidane was not our strenght (he was a piece of our strenght), but Wednesday, France demonstrated a collective strenght.

Last edited:
rateddave said:
Italy had not beat France in the Final Cup. 1-1 is a draw. Zidane had a red card so we were 10. Italy won at the penalties.

Ya talk about lack of preparation, but Viera is Interist, and Govou (who scored 2 goals) plays with CFA (Amateur).

And Zidane was not our strenght (he was a piece of our strenght), but Wednesday, France demonstrated a collective strenght.

C'mon how can you compare ??viera and govou ok have not played yet but it's only two playerS!!!Italia have 9 players who haven't begun The championship!!only zambrotta and cannavaro haVE played so far!!!

but don't get me wrong france was stronger

Last edited:
I think if Lippi was still in charge, it would have been a different story. Their new manager is crap and should be sacked before he makes permenant damage by not reaching Euro 2008 tournament

Lippi stept down beacuse he acheived the ultimate goal, "COPPA DEL MONDO" that aside, Guido Rossi & other FIGC accomplices wanted him out prior to the WC starting due to the whole calciopoli scandal but what baffles me is how he has been offered a supervisory role in coaching the NT, what hypocrisy. In regards to Donadoni, I have to agree with what Milanista has said, the guy has no real experience and should have never been given the job in the first place. His calls for Totti are pathetic, how can 1 player qualify us for the euros, the players need to be together and the France game showed a lack of togetherness and fitness. IMO DONUT OUT!!!!

Forza Lippi!!

Back
Top Bottom