UEFA Euro 2008

I've got 2 questions:

1)Do you know if it's possible to change the controller config permanently on this or FIFA08. Whenever I start it remembers my settings (always New Analog with semi on stuff), but for controller 1, 2, 3, etc it always bumps it back to Classic Analog with everything on semi).

2) Whenever I play online it has up to date teams (e.g. Kazim Kazim at Turkey, Kolodin at Russia) but offline it always reverts back to the old squads. I go to the download squad option but nothing happens (it says no file present to download)... is there anyway of keeping the online (updated) squads for when I play off line ?

Thanks

While it's calmed down a lot over the past decade, Northern Ireland is still a reasonably sensitive place politically. Not the kind of place you'll be dodging pub bombs anymmore, granted, but still not the kind of place you want to make any cultural faux pas, either. So EA Sports understandably regret, and are very sorry, that they included the wrong national anthem for the Northern Irish team in their Euro 2008 football title. See, before each match, the anthems of both teams are played. Being a part of the United Kingdom, Northern Irelands' anthem is, of course, God Save The Queen. EA Sports, however, included The Soldiers Song. National anthem of the Republic of Ireland (or, as most people know it as, just plain old Ireland). As in, the wrong country. Sure, Northern Ireland are hardly a powerhouse on the global stage, but still, if you're going to include their anthem, you can at least get it right.

:lmao:

Thanks, I was curious because the issue was raised on the EA forums pretty much as soon as the game came out, yet they only just apologised.......

I really like the Story Of Qualifying mode but the Germany - San Marino scenario where you have to score 3 goals against San Marino is one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I ever had. San Marino is playing like Brazil, impossible to regain possesion when they are playing in midfield. I scored 2 goals a few times, but couldn't get a third. After an hour of playing I was asking myself why I was torturing myself and I turned off my Xbox 360. I will never play that scenario again.

This game is so annoying - I just started a campaign as Spain and lost my first game 1-0 to Italy. No complaints, I got my tactics wrong. Then I played Lichenstein and they played me off the field. Somehow they managed to crowd 10 into the box and still have silky smooth counters. Back to Fifa for me.

Give it time.. I like Euro 08 over fifa, hands down.. Bit faster gameplay, being able to quickly release a throw by the keeper, rain etc, its all a plus!!
When you play the crappier teams, they tend to just have 10 men behind the ball.. You'll always have the possesion, you just gotta break them down.. I failed to qualify with Italy the first time around becuase of a poor start.. Managed to sort it out towards the end but it was all to late..

I've just given up on qualification and only do the actual tournament, that way I don't have to deal with Andorra playing like Argentina.

can anybody tell me how activating the voice chat works on euro2008. I have a ps3 camera. I have had several players voice chat to me but not sure if my voice is going back. It is correctly set up etc etc and working fine. Maybe there is an option or something that im missing. Your help would be very much appreciated.

ALSO.....is there any online leagues on the go. I did a search but it came up empty. I experimented in setting one up so if there are players here that want to start one up let me know. Only level 1-3 though.

Help please.

I have a problem with Euro 2008. Basically i was playing the online knockout cup. In the first round i won 2-0. The game then went to the usual screen to play the next match but the screen was wrong.
Instead of the team names and national flags being in the position for a first round match the names and score were in the place for a second round match and the national flags were missing. In vertical writing down the left hand side of the screen are some letters repeated over and over.
The problem is that if i select to play the next match the game just hangs and i need to quit via the ps button and reboot. This has been the same since the end of June.
More bizzarely if i load the game and play any other mode it works fine. I can play online in ranked/unranked/quick/custom matches with no problem. I can play any of the offline modes.
If however i select online knockout cup even if i don't attempt to play the next match but simply quit back out to the menu i cannot play any match on or offline. The game simply hangs when i try to start another match and again i have to reboot.
I contacted EA's helpline and email support neither of which were any real help. The only way i can play the online knockout cup now is to create another PS account and log in under that to play Euro 2008.

I have tried deleting all the game saves/game data but it makes no difference - i still have the same problem with the knockout cup.

It seems to me that this problem is linked to my user account. I presume given the fact that you cannot change team after you start a knockout cup this is somehow recorded by EA and linked to your account and the problem i have is that this save has somehow been corrupted.

Sorry for the long post but this is frustrating the hell out of me.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to sort it?

Help please.

I have a problem with Euro 2008. Basically i was playing the online knockout cup. In the first round i won 2-0. The game then went to the usual screen to play the next match but the screen was wrong.
Instead of the team names and national flags being in the position for a first round match the names and score were in the place for a second round match and the national flags were missing. In vertical writing down the left hand side of the screen are some letters repeated over and over.
The problem is that if i select to play the next match the game just hangs and i need to quit via the ps button and reboot. This has been the same since the end of June.
More bizzarely if i load the game and play any other mode it works fine. I can play online in ranked/unranked/quick/custom matches with no problem. I can play any of the offline modes.
If however i select online knockout cup even if i don't attempt to play the next match but simply quit back out to the menu i cannot play any match on or offline. The game simply hangs when i try to start another match and again i have to reboot.
I contacted EA's helpline and email support neither of which were any real help. The only way i can play the online knockout cup now is to create another PS account and log in under that to play Euro 2008.

I have tried deleting all the game saves/game data but it makes no difference - i still have the same problem with the knockout cup.

It seems to me that this problem is linked to my user account. I presume given the fact that you cannot change team after you start a knockout cup this is somehow recorded by EA and linked to your account and the problem i have is that this save has somehow been corrupted.

Sorry for the long post but this is frustrating the hell out of me.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to sort it?

sorry, but i have had no such problems. Sounds very weird what you are experiencing. Maybe it is your actual disk. Good luck!

sorry, but i have had no such problems. Sounds very weird what you are experiencing. Maybe it is your actual disk. Good luck!

Cheers but i am sure it is not the disc. If i create a second playstation account in the xmb and log in under that i can play the online knockout cup no problem. That is what leads me to the conclusion that it is something corrupted in my profile - and the fact that even if i delete all game saves/data it stays the same is what makes me think it something at their end.:((

Can you guys save a "Commentary name" for a created player? It always switch back to "NO NAME" for me. I would appreciate if someone could look this up by going in to Edit Player and test it. Pretty annoying that it doesn't work when your last name is in the list and all... Everything I change on a player get saved but the Commentary name.

I can confirm this, it's very annoying there are proper call names for main Serbian players (e.g. Stankovic, Pantelic etc) but you can't use them either for the fake player or the CYC player!

Back
Top Bottom