UEFA Euro 2016

Damjan

World Cup Winner
16 July 2011
Arsenal|Juventus|ASSE
So the draw for the qualification groups is done, here's how it looks:

9Eetrrp.png

The teams to finish first and second will directly qualify, along with the best ranked third placed team. The other third placed teams will play two-legged play-offs. Because one group has five teams, to determine the best ranked third team the results for all teams against the sixth placed team in the group will not count.

Also, France will be placed in Group I and will play against those teams, but the results won't count since France are already qualified. These matches are played so France can somewhat prepare and it makes all groups even.

Matches I'm looking forward to the most:
Netherlands - Czech Republic
Bosnia - Belgium
Spain - Macedonia
Germany - Poland
England - Switzerland
Russia - Sweden
Italy - Croatia
Serbia - Albania

Group I is the best poule in my opinion, will be very close.

Last edited:
we'll struggle vs switzerland again but we'll probably beat the others. i think it's bullshit 24 teams are going to qualify, that's almost half europe.

24 teams is definitely too much.

About our group: Need to win it, expect Ireland and Poland to be tough, the rest should be easier to play.

ex yugoslavia countries didn't have luck again with this draw :(

greece got the best group again. also, england had pretty much luck with the draw.

Well, we did...Italy has never beaten us, we have qualified for WC2006 from 1st place in group with Bulgaria, we played Malta 6 times and have won 5 and drawn once...

don't take norway, bulgaria and azerbeijan for granted.

i don't think this is easy group.

@MadbaLL

I am not taking them for granted, we had Scotland just few months ago who was taken for granted and we lost 2 times against them...I am just strangely optimistic about this group.

Expanding to 24 teams is ridiculous. 16 teams was perfect mathematically, logistically and in the sense that only the best teams in Europe made it to the tournament.

24 teams makes things complicated, the tournament unnecessarily longer and dilutes the quality of the competition.

Another stupid decision by UEFA.

a bit early but can we stick this thread in the national teams section?

Expanding to 24 teams is ridiculous. 16 teams was perfect mathematically, logistically and in the sense that only the best teams in Europe made it to the tournament.

24 teams makes things complicated, the tournament unnecessarily longer and dilutes the quality of the competition.

i agree, even tho we have better chances to make it but then the quality of the EC will worsen

This.

I like Euro with 24 teams, competition need to be more open it's really great for some "little" countries and I don't think we lose in quality.
Remember, no Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the next World Cup, maybe we see players like Lewandowski or Bale during this Euro.

Last edited:
ibrahimovic couldn't make the finals in 2010 too. I think people should question how great he is rather than saying the same ol "world cup will miss a superstar like ibra :(". swedish team are not that bad. on the other hand I think the number of teams outside europe and south america should be brought down to 10 from 13. better teams from especially europe miss it purely because fifa wants some shitty teams from other continents to join their party (and welcome their money as well). I don't mean to disrespect but some teams are clearly nowhere near the world cup finals level.

I don't really care about the national teams anymore though. the concept is getting pointless.

expanding the competition by 8 teams so ibrahimovic can play is bullshit, if he doesn't qualify that's his problem, UEFA need to get off from their knees. and for sure the group stages will be less competitive because worse teams will be in it.

omg the conspiracy theories started

btw the weakest group could Hungary get, yet very balanced, this will be a milestone for our FA, a win or go home situation

What a horrible display of football by Hungary, we lost 2-1 to Finnland at home, it was a game lacking of quality but our team was worse. We got a luck goal then we was defending from then playing for counters but we just couldnt make the 2nd pass not to mention how we held on to the ball...geeez. Players in the team who doesnt play in their clubs and lacking of passion and quality.

New year, new captain. Same shitty performance. Even Faroe Island is threat in our group.

Back
Top Bottom