Unlicenced team kits - Could Konami make them more accurate?

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
I can't see the reason why Konami can't put 2 stripes on the sleeves of unlicenced Adidas kits/teams, Sony can get away with it in This is Football/World Tour Soccer, so why can't Konami?

01.jpg

matherto said:
cause we can use the edit mode to put the three stripes and make perfect kits that to the untrained eye, look licensed?

of course we can, but why enforce that? The PS1 versions of WE/ISS all had exact replicas (minus badges/sponsors, etc) so why not now? They can't even get France's sock colour correct!

PS1 versions......

but then for the newer versions, using of the 3 stripes is adidas lisenced. because we have Adidas lisence that's why using the 3 stripes can't be used.

Its like in old versions of PES/WE and unlicensed sensible soccer they used players names like: Weyne Rouney and Michel Owan.
Why did that have to stop? some names are close and some are noway near.

SXFuzz said:
of course we can, but why enforce that? The PS1 versions of WE/ISS all had exact replicas (minus badges/sponsors, etc) so why not now? They can't even get France's sock colour correct!

Konami had the exclusive licence back then though.

What I'm saying is if both Konami and Sony don't have licences for the same particular teams, why can't Konami make their kits looks a little closer to the real thing like Sony do with TIF?

EG, having 2 stripes on the sleeves of unlicenced kits like Germany and Liverpool.

NickSCFC said:
Konami had the exclusive licence back then though.

What I'm saying is if both Konami and Sony don't have licences for the same particular teams, why can't Konami make their kits looks a little closer to the real thing like Sony do with TIF?

EG, having 2 stripes on the sleeves of unlicenced kits like Germany and Liverpool.

because they'd still be wrong and we'd all still want/have to edit them, so what's the point of wasting time getting all the kits 'near' to how they really are? either they're licensed or they're not, and if not, just let us edit them ourselves and let konami spend time on more important things to do with gameplay.

What they should do is try and get all of the kit makers licences. That way we can use all of the kit makers templates, and just edit in each teams badges and sponsors.

Yeah, in PES2 Umbro sponsored the game and England, Ireland and Seeden had the correct kits, just no badges.

So with Adidas n Reebok in PES6, why can't they do the same?

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Yes! The days of Ronarid, Batistata, Oren, Ovelmars... great days, with only 4 stadiums to play in!
It was actually Butatista. :mrgreen:
Roberto Larcos was another classic name.

SPiTFiRE said:
How I miss PES2!

Golden old days! :mrgreen:
Urgh I hated PES2!

Was the 1st game in the series to ditch the real club names (Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester)...

Beckham's mohican was worse than real life...

the only thing I liked was the replay tune, the remix in PES3 was miles better anyway.

Back
Top Bottom