URGENT: Please pass these to the WE development team

fantomas23

League 1
26 July 2003
australia
here we go again with WE10. the graphic artists who are responsible for stadium pitches are obviously mentally deranged and have a sick sense of humour...same could be said about seabass cuz he obviously loves to make a simulation football game with pitches so bad and ugly that they make my eyes (and i assume others) bleed. HERE ARE SOME SAMPLE TURF PATTERNS THAT THEY CAN PUT INTO THE GAME BEFORE IT SHIPS! FOR FUCK'S SAKE HOW HARD IS IT TO DRAW STRAIGHT LINES!!!

lolllll Not hard at all but like many other easy things to fix, Seabass and his boys clearly don't see the need to do things properly hence the crappy ML structure and crappy pitches or non-straight pitch lines which piss me off too and I have to change in each version.

I wouldn't get too mad over this though even though I have to patch it with proper green pitches and pitchlines I like each version because at least this is something we can fix ourselves unlike the ML Structure thing which there is nothing we can do about even if we put our time/effort in!

Last edited:
I'll inform Seabass this evening, when we have dinner and play some DDR.

I have printed out your patterns to give to him, as I tried to draw them myself but I couldn't manage to replicate them well enough, even using a ruler. :(

:lol: Guys, let's not give birth over the pitch textures. Life's too short. :lol:

Dar said:
I'll inform Seabass this evening, when we have dinner and play some DDR.

I have printed out your patterns to give to him, as I tried to draw them myself but I couldn't manage to replicate them well enough, even using a ruler. :(
ashmufc said:
Can you email me what you want me to say please to: ashmufc@konami.co.jp
I'll tell the boss ASAP, has to be enxt week, the boss is on holiday with the kids after making WE10.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lol: :lol:
... but the lad has got a point...... wrong way to put it across though :)

I think the default pitches look alright to me.

I don't know what all this pitche complaint is all about! lol

A bit too much attention to detail, play the bloody game for fuck sake!

No they're not alright. Only a few can be left unpatched as they are decent like Velodromme and few others. Many others are horrible and pitches are what you see in every minute of game so it's very important, I'm no stadium or pitch freak but they are indeed very important and play a major role in determining how much fun I have with the game.

And not some minor thing like a stadium not having proper "Structure" that you can only see when players walk in entrance that some complain about. :roll: (which I can udnerstand) but that really is minor since you can't even notice it during playing and only for those few secs when players are walking to pitch and so doesn't and shouldn't bother me much but when you walk into a football match only to find the grass is more like grey instead of green and some pitch lines are pure crap.. it does turn you off a bit!

So like Stu said, Fantomas has great point just didn't put it across the right way and that's cuz he must be very frustrated with it so I can understand as there is parts of the game that I'm very frustrated with each version and you guys need no clue on what that is ;)

Last edited:
its something that would take them 5-10 minutes to fix, on top of that one year in between releases of new versions. they obviously see no problem with it and its a worry cuz come WE on next gen consoles this joke is probably going to continue.

yes, editing is easy - its a drag and drop job in gfx studio but it is extremely time consuming considering there are 6 sets of pitches to fix per stadium, plus if you fix up the dirt/mud patches too. multiply this by god knows how many stadiums, when you've finished doing up a few you wanna go outside and kill someone

i fully acknowledge that stadium pitches doesnt affect gameplay one bit but when it is so bad it becomes an ABSOLUTE eyesore to play. when you have an awesome football simulation game and cant even get something so trivial like stadium pitches right, i dont think you deserve full respect

Stringer Bell said:
I think the default pitches look alright to me.

I don't know what all this pitche complaint is all about! lol

A bit too much attention to detail, play the bloody game for fuck sake!

play default rasunda and the south african rugby stadiums when you're not on the bong, and dont tell me that they are absolutely fine realistic looking pitches

ashmufc said:
Can you email me what you want me to say please to: ashmufc@konami.co.jp
I'll tell the boss ASAP, has to be enxt week, the boss is on holiday with the kids after making WE10.

I got a reply, he told me that WE10 has gone final and they can't chage it, sorry.

have been moaning about this for ages aswell. The thing is that ist so easy to do and it improves the game quite considerably for viewing/realism.

Oh well, just have to stick to patching untill the buggers at nokami finally realise that just because the english generally drink alot on holiday doesnt mean the groundsman are on the piss 24/7 when mowing the f-ing pitch!

PS: handy post, will save the images for the release :D

ashmufc said:
I got a reply, he told me that WE10 has gone final and they can't chage it, sorry.
:lol:..........................................

...............................*looks at fantomas23* :-# :| :-k :-\" :mryellow:

Last edited:
How about we threaten to blow up Konami headquarters if they dont delay the release of WE-10 to fix your pitches?

Back
Top Bottom