USA

unfortunatle alain, we are not sending our best squad. Were giving some europeans(gooch, dempsey, spector, boca,beasley) a rest and donovan cant miss two months of the MLS season. Our lineup will be a mix of youngsters and veterans, something like this

-------keller--------

wynne(mls)--demerit(watford)--conrad(mls)--borstein(mls)

----------------clark(mls)---------------------

kleishan(mls)----------------------mapp(mls)

----------------felihaber(hamburg)---------

--------------nygen(psv) -----------johnson(MLS)

oh shit!!!!!!:(i was looking forward to seeing The US play in this competition:but it's gonna be good to find out some news prospects in this team:)

unfortunatle alain, we are not sending our best squad. Were giving some europeans(gooch, dempsey, spector, boca,beasley) a rest and donovan cant miss two months of the MLS season. Our lineup will be a mix of youngsters and veterans, something like this

-------keller--------

wynne(mls)--demerit(watford)--conrad(mls)--borstein(mls)

----------------clark(mls)---------------------

kleishan(mls)----------------------mapp(mls)

----------------felihaber(hamburg)---------

--------------nygen(psv) -----------johnson(MLS)

"Who the fuck are these guys?"

Name that movie.

Tonight's prediction:

3-0 to Argentina

I just can't see the Americans scoring tonight, coupled with the fact that Argentina will be ready to make a statement in the wake of several "upsets" thus far.

Man, were Brasil shite last night or what? Completely useless, that team is. There's no one on that team with any purpose to their play.

Nery Castillo for Presidente?

Borstein , Conrad & Wynne played out of their skins and very impress w/ Johnson. Felihaber is a very good player for 7o minutes we held up. I`m sure this young squad left many thinking ...some of the US players only make $30,000 a year

@ gomito

What do you think of the US' chances against Uruguay?

i think they didnt want to face them at this point, but you have to think they have an excellent chance after the last two victories, adu and altidore are in fine form. Its going to be intresting, the thing to note also is that Uraguay's keeper is horrible, look out for that

Not the best win but hey it's still a win.

Adu's passing is sublime. That pass he sent to Szetela in OT was great and Szetela should have buried that or layed it off to whoever was making that run.

Him and Altidore could form a great combo in the future. Zizzo has played well on the right as well.

He lead the MLS in goals with 9 and he's only played 9 games compared to the others who have played in the teens.

He's alright. Nothing that special.

Johnson is not EPL ready he still young and learning he does look to pass which is a plus. I will love to see him at the EPL though

Saunders Derby are after Eddie Johnson, is he any good?

he turned them down... they offered five million, mls said yes, ej said no..

i wouldnt say he isnt anything special.. i would say he has all the potential to be a powerful forward in the EPL, incredibly fast, strong, and can finish when given service.. think jimmy floyd

sounds Ok

I heard KCW gave Derby a price and they said it was too much

sounds Ok

I heard KCW gave Derby a price and they said it was too much

well then you probably heard wrong, unlike in europe MLS holds EJ's contract not Kanas City Wizards. All players contracts are ownend by MLS not the teams themselves. They operate this way to insure that teams dont overspend and go crazy and fold, like the old NASL.
What i actually heard was the EJ turnend them down because he wants to do some soul searching.... I dont think it was a snub per say... But you never know, not sure if i would want to be a forward for a team who is going to have to fight tooth and nails to stay up... the pressure would be immense

Just watching the Beckham press conference now... Why the hell does Los Angeles hate their mayor so much?! They're screaming at him! Beckham looks totally uncomfortable in the background.

EDIT: Woahoho!! I see why!!

Wikipedia said:
In 1994 while his wife was undergoing treatment for cancer, he cheated on her with a friend's wife

Sounds like a nice guy!!

Last edited:
Jozy Altidore is lighting it up right now. Expect a move to Europe real soon and worth a lot more than what Adu got transfered for.

I think he will come straight into the team on saturday

As you mentioned in the other thread we have signed Lewis who is indeed past it. I have no idea what the logic is in signing him

Back
Top Bottom