Video help the referees in French Ligue 1

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
The video help the referees in Ligue 1 "start in November" :)

referee can require the video in 3 falls :

- If the ball is over the line
- The Hands
- The fouls in the penalty area

Like rugby, good news

Last edited:
Good move should work well with a bit of luck , dont need cameras for everthing but these things are a good place to start.

Great stuff!

The other day me and my brother were talking and we said it's best if a league starts doing this soon and so when other leagues see it works great they'll start picking up on it.

Especially he suggested France to do it first as they already had headsets and referees talk to each other which you dont see in every other league.

Great news overall.

nah, sucks.football lives from wrong decisions, it's just a part of the whole story.

what you wanna argue about with your friends and so on?

imo it's not a good innovation.

I never understand when people are afraid of technology that helps prevent wrong decisions. Does anyoen ever wonder how different the World Cup would have been if Maradona had received a red card for his Hand of God goal.

It must be infuriating to players to sell their soul to this game and then have points, games, Championships taken away by human error.

ghazi said:
I never understand when people are afraid of technology that helps prevent wrong decisions. Does anyoen ever wonder how different the World Cup would have been if Maradona had received a red card for his Hand of God goal.

It must be infuriating to players to sell their soul to this game and then have points, games, Championships taken away by human error.

That world cup would be easily forgotten. Sometimes errors, like it or not, make the game fun. Of course english folks hated that hand ball. :mrgreen:

Too much gadgets would take the human side of the game.
But I do agree with some use of technology. The chip in the ball is a good one for example.

Is it like what they do in cricket.

For example a green light is a goal and a red one isnt.

For offside or on the line decisions there can finally be a use for the fourth referee, all he has to do is scroll to the moment the ball was played for offsides and send the green/red light signal. Same thing for over the line stuff.

I don't like this! When would the redree decide to call upon the video referee? How many stoppings will there be?

No more counter attack as well!

This is only going to be used during test matches, not real ligue 1 games.
Afterwards, if everything works fine, they will use it for ligue 1, just like the microphone between the 3 referees.

Yogui said:
This is only going to be used during test matches, not real ligue 1 games.
Afterwards, if everything works fine, they will use it for ligue 1, just like the microphone between the 3 referees.

What ? i see that in "France 3" says the video coming in few Ligue 1 games in November.

I like the idea for using it when a goal is scored, yet I don't like the idea for using on penalties in the box. That can get so many peolple killed because of riots and shit. Come one just do it for contreverstial goals scored not penalties.

Back
Top Bottom