Vitor Baia - Butter Hand Queen :D

Mauras

Premiership
7 October 2002
In 2004 media and pundits runned a disgusting persecution on Ricardo, trying to put Baia in the national team (he was out due to disciplinary reasons, never told, and not his current form).

I guess those pundits and northern media will have to definetely put the violin in the sack after the latest show Baia put today in Luz, were Porto ridiculously lost once again against Benfica 1-0 spicing up the title run...

Check out the magic :D (goal from Robert from what a distance)

frango8ei.gif
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/122/frango8ei.gif

At least he was humble enough to admit he decided a lousy game, he told it on the press conference... big from him to admit the clownery.

lol dumb comment :). I think Porto would disrespect Benfica if they opted to play a "controled" game, passing it around without aiming to win, resting a couple of regulars while launching recently returned old ex-stars, etc. Maybe you got the point now :).

Anyway maybe I wasn't right on my comment cause I just heard Liverpool had a ridiculous display this weekend, failing to score against 10 so maybe it wasn't lack of respect, maybe it was just lack of QUALITY.

Doping said:
Is it me or you spend more time taking everyone around down other than talking about your team's achievements...

Oh wait :/

That's not true :( Only a couple weeks ago I praised the way our Liedson, the DEPENATOR, smashed benfica at their own stadium in the only derby I remember one of the teams having ZERO changes...

but that's not that much, we only did what we had to do.. unfortunately not all Portuguese League adversaries are that easy so we shall drop some points in the future :)

PS - what you would like to see was Sporting fans speaking nonsense after a few wins, the "sleeping giant" bullshit and other arrogantly ridiculous stuff :). That's reserved for other portuguese fans, not us. We limit ourselves to remain "happy" for coming back from a 9 point difference and being now 2 points from Porto and 4 over Benfica.

I seriously doubt Ricardo would ever defend that ball. Baia is in all aspects and by far superior to Ricardo, everybody knows that and it's not this goal that will prove the opposite. It would be nice to post and compare all hilarious goals suffered by the top 3 portuguese keepers (in case you decide to put the overrated and overprotected Ricardo in that top) and compare them. Any fan of Ricardo simply doesn's have the right and should be ashamed of judjing any other keeper's fails...weak memory you have!

Not weak my friend :)... last year I criticized Ricardo many times. But I think Ricardo payed the price of 2 things:

1 - being a Benfica fan refusing to sign for Benfica at any price when all seemed closed. He was "marked" from that day in certain press sectores.

2 - being the wrong guy at the wrong place in a tug of war between FPF / Scolari and Oporto.

Of course I agree Baia is (was?) better than Ricardo. But everyone with acess to soccer info in Portugal knows that Baia was out due to disciplinary behaviour in Korea 2002 and not his quality.

Ricardo only fault was to refuse admiting mistakes (which he did). But he was a victim of low attacks for a year. He is nor the best nor that bad. A proof of that is the season he is having this year, at the same level of the one he had in the last year in boavista.

Portuguese are the ones with weak memory.. forgeting that although not a super keeper it's too Ricardo they must thank for that magic moment in Euro 2004 in Luz.

Doping said:
BTW, I present to you all Ricardo...

hmm.. isn't that ugly.. :).. attacking a fellow benfica fan just because he was wise enough not to sign for the club with the fans that embrace the "ONETOOTH" tecnology :)

PS - maybe Ricardo is a older benfica "socio" than you ;)

Back
Top Bottom