Viva Piñata (360)

Really? I thought it was more TV-tie-in kids game than Animal Crossing-style "made for everybody"?

*Reads the review* Looks good but I'm still not convinced. I've seen that Viva Piñata is a TV show in the States so I'm presuming in turns into your regular tie-in game at some point. Will give it a whirl though, I still play AC on the DS every day.

Last edited:
It sounds quite good from that review and will probably be worth at least a rent when its released

• Staff
The TV tie-in came about from the game, not the other way around if that makes any difference. If you played it for, say half an hour, I think you'd find it very addictive.

Is it out over here yet?

*Checks Gameplay* Out this Friday... Do you realise I've bought a game nearly every week for the last two months?! It's getting a bit out of hand! I've only got the one kidney that I can put on eBay! :(

Is this SORTA like Animal crossing or more like Cubivore mixed with animal crosing harverst moon elements?

I want a flat out animal crossing game for the wii i know that much

Loving it; it was this or Rainbow Six Vegas and seeing as I've already got three Tom Clancy games that I've not completed, I went for this. It's basically a management game, a cutesy-pooh Sim City but garden-sized. Seeing as it's aimed at kids you'd think it would be a walkover, but after the initial tutorial sections you get very little help and it's bloody hard!

Most likely it will be too bright and colourful for the most manly (read insecure) members of the forum, but as a kid trapped inside a man's body (who's looking forward to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl) I think it's superb. The amount of work you have to put in to attract some species to your garden is massive - it's one of those games that's hard to put down once you get so far into it. By the time I've got everything set up nicely for the worms there's a fight brewing somewhere else, you fix that and realise you've got to make a pool, you start on that and then one of your bunnies gets eaten by a fox (I don't think I'll ever see the words "Viva Piñata" again without thinking of that bastarding fox eating the creature that I'd worked my arse off to gain). There's no ideal time to save because everything is happening all at once. Even at night you've got bats dropping by.

As a daily Animal Crossing player I'm over the moon. I'll get someone to get me Rainbow Six for Christmas. :)

Back
Top Bottom