Want more fouls in PES 2020? Then please "like" these posts!

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Hi guys,

There's a couple of multi-community posts that have just been made over on the PES dev Facebook page, with the aim of getting Konami to add fouls back into PES 2020 - one for each "thread" on the page.

If we all go onto this page and post separately, each individual post will get one or two "likes" and sink to the bottom. The only way we can make our voices heard is to shout the same thing at the same time - i.e. all liking the same posts. Then Konami will be able to see it's a shared problem.

Take a look at the following and if you agree with them, please "like" the posts on Facebook, and importantly, share the links so that others can "like" them too.

Click here to see comment #1

Click here to see comment #2

Thank you.

• Staff
Was the links meant to go to a particular post? They just go to the general Facebook page.
If you click on them and let them load, they will take you to the comment.

If not, it will be because your browser doesn't support something (cookies maybe)...

If you click on them and let them load, they will take you to the comment.

If not, it will be because your browser doesn't support something (cookies maybe)...
..or you aint got fb account, like meself. I also only see the main posts from devs.
How is it being received there?

I liked both posts and pray that they didn't do it all for PR but are actually willing to listen to the fans.
I even copied and paste the OP to redcafe.net as I know we many PES fans there too.

Last edited:
  • Staff
..or you aint got fb account, like meself. I also only see the main posts from devs.
How is it being received there?
It's currently top in one of the bugs threads:

hnfg7AC.jpg

But not in the suggestions threads:

BS0o6e9.jpg

Im happy enough. Scoreboards are easy fix. All they need is different colours and people will be happy. This will probably be implemented as new, amazing feature in pes21.

As for bugs - happy with the amount of people calling for demo gameplay. They should leave AI, which is much better in the final version, but on the ball feeling in attack and defending were both better in the demo.

Trying to sort the 'fouling issue' they impacted a lot of other areas. Dribbling is less effective, AI defending pressure is overpowered, ball feels less loose and speed doesnt matter as much as it did in the demo.

It's not gonna happen, mate.

It's been my experience that hard-core PES fans all want more fouls, but we're sadly the minority these days. All the online crowd want less fouls, and it's their voice that Konami is listening to.

So I don't expect change any time soon, even if we all cried out for more fouls. Hell, even the name change to eFootball PES 2020 screams that Konami only care about the online community.

• Staff

It's been my experience that hard-core PES fans all want more fouls, but we're sadly the minority these days. All the online crowd want less fouls, and it's their voice that Konami is listening to.

So I don't expect change any time soon, even if we all cried out for more fouls. Hell, even the name change to eFootball PES 2020 screams that Konami only care about the online community.
I used to feel like this, so I'm thoroughly shocked at what posts are the top "liked" in each of the bugs/suggestions threads on their official Facebook page.

Other than scoreboard colour changes and things like that (which are for the offline players anyway), it's all gameplay stuff, and stuff I think we'd all agree with. Mostly just "the demo was better" actually! So I have hope!

I used to feel like this, so I'm thoroughly shocked at what posts are the top "liked" in each of the bugs/suggestions threads on their official Facebook page
Im actually quite surprised how all the streamers and youtubers are shouting for same things as we do. They are mostly online players and they are all giving out about how defending became "Spam the X" again. This is quite refreshing and unique situation we're having this year..

In real life we have referees who vary from strict to lenient so PES should try to emulate that as well.

Well actually this FB post being quote on here, the "joint community effort", began on an online play community

We discussed some of this over at the full manual organization where we play 10v10 games. We are by definition an joint community effort, because we formed this league 2 by years ago, by asking each regional/language group to organize themselves to bring a team. So we do have backing of something like 10-15 communities.

We all voiced in support of this initiative...But it looks like that kind of representation isn't enough.

If u track down the Twitter exchange, you'll see that Konami wants to see actual raw count of upvotes/likes.

So if this is a request that interests u, the best thing to do is to vote for it in that FB development feedback page. The raw count is the only thing that'll move things forward

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-102015.png
    Screenshot_20190913-102015.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hope it will, but I don't know if it's gonna change anything, to be honest. I remember when for a good amount of time the first top posts on Fifa socials were about significantly improving career.. who used to check in the past months can remember it, they were literally everywhere. Yet it seems they did very little in that regard. It's like they (both EA and Konami) completely ingnore feedback when it's convenient.

By the way, even if I'm currently kinda fine as they are (maybe I'll suffer more after more games, don't know), I gladly give my like to the posts and I think it's overall a very good idea that I'm ready to support in the future. Don't know if we can influence enough something that could potentially "ruin" them the flow in My Club, but stuff for example like AI poblems or single bugs, well maybe if we unite under a single post they could indeed hear us better and potentially seek it out.

Hope it will, but I don't know if it's gonna change anything, to be honest. I remember when for a good amount of time the first top posts on Fifa socials were about significantly improving career.. who used to check in the past months can remember it, they were literally everywhere. Yet it seems they did very little in that regard. It's like they (both EA and Konami) completely ingnore feedback when it's convenient.

By the way, even if I'm currently kinda fine as they are (maybe I'll suffer more after more games, don't know), I gladly give my like to the posts and I think it's overall a very good idea that I'm ready to support in the future. Don't know if we can influence enough something that could potentially "ruin" them the flow in My Club, but stuff for example like AI poblems or single bugs, well maybe if we unite under a single post they could indeed hear us better and potentially seek it out.

Well, the thing is, this week they actually created an official FB development feedback page

And in my screenshot, they specifically said they want to see actual votes (raw count) on issues we care about. In this case, I don't think even a collective signed support of communities is enough. And they will look at their own FB page first, before anything else. So this is what we will have to try (change.org petitions and what not .. We've all tried)

But anyway, vote on items that speak to you.

I’m totally cool with the amount of fouls right now.
Could the whole system be better? yes!
Do i need more fouls for the sake of more? No!
Just my opinion. :)
They need to bring back fouls to nerf the defending, which is currently overpowered to bits when spamming X.
Its not about the number - its about everything that comes with it

They need to bring back fouls to nerf the defending, which is currently overpowered to bits when spamming X.
Its not about the number - its about everything that comes with it
See, i like to see better defending coming back as well!! Make it more a skill challenge rather then spamming X!
So if fouls are better implemented the rest follows... yes.
Guess we are in the same page! Again! :D

See, i like to see better defending coming back as well!! Make it more a skill challenge rather then spamming X!
So if fouls are better implemented the rest follows... yes.
Guess we are in the same page! Again! :D
Exactly! That's the point :)

It's not just "more fouls", it's a range of issues that seem to be connected by changes (whatever exactly they were) to physicality:
  • ball winning is easier (pressure spam)
  • dribbling is ineffective (including finesse stuff)
  • shielding is activated less often and less effective when it is
  • rugby tackles aren't given as fouls
I don't know whether it's related but as others have also pointed out, bursts of pace aren't nearly as effective as in the demo, which is another technique to beat the press.

Main issue i have is AI cheese fouls along with too much of a reduction of fouls compared to demo.

II have no issues with dribbling, its absolutely incredible and i can show in videos, i'm still learning it but whats there is miles ahead of any football game.

We have a chance here, as the people who enjoy the retail game are playing it not looking at social media to request fixes currently. They already did it during the demo. So there is a chance now the gameplay to be reverted back to be somewhat the demo then we will hear their voices for sure again who ie. didnt like the fouls.

Main issue i have is AI cheese fouls along with too much of a reduction of fouls compared to demo.

II have no issues with dribbling, its absolutely incredible and i can show in videos, i'm still learning it but whats there is miles ahead of any football game.

I kinda find dribbling more useless. I never used the new stick dribbling just the good old burst out dribbling but in v1.01 the ai is a supertackling machine, it kills you with 100% precision or without foul being called. On the other hand the ai dribbling in v1.01 is second to none.

I kinda find dribbling more useless. I never used the new stick dribbling just the good old burst out dribbling but in v1.01 the ai is a supertackling machine, it kills you with 100% precision or without foul being called. On the other hand the ai dribbling in v1.01 is second to none.

gabe, forget everything you knew before, and just embrace the new system. You must experiment.

Its going to take a long time to get used to and its so player specific, more than any game has ever shown.

One key tip is when you Hold r2 for feints and step overs, pushing the right stick in the opposite direction is very consistent and really shows how beautiful the fundamental system is.

gabe, forget everything you knew before, and just embrace the new system. You must experiment.

Its going to take a long time to get used to and its so player specific, more than any game has ever shown.

One key tip is when you Hold r2 for feints and step overs, pushing the right stick in the opposite direction is very consistent and really shows how beautiful the fundamental system is.

I have no problem at all with the fundamentals, only with the tweaks being made to the fouls, physicality, dribbling, tackling, pressure compared to the demo/v1.00. I even considered to change up my button config im using for 10+ years just to be able to use the new dribbling but now...the butchered the parts of the game that separated 2020 from 2019. Everything was missing from 2019 was in that demo to me.

Does this include online? Because in my experience so far, the combination of increased lag and buffed ball winning means that the dribbling is less effective than before.

Given that the game was already released, I think a rollback is less likely to happen.

However, it'd be nice to add an option for gameplay presets. In the limit of most configurability, these would be sliders, but we don't need that right now--just discrete presets would be okay, and easier to filter for matchmaking on.

I just don't think it'll happen though. After release, devs have to focus on patching bugs and stability.

Given that the game was already released, I think a rollback is less likely to happen.

However, it'd be nice to add an option for gameplay presets. In the limit of most configurability, these would be sliders, but we don't need that right now--just discrete presets would be okay, and easier to filter for matchmaking on.

I just don't think it'll happen though. After release, devs have to focus on patching bugs and stability.
Do you mean like the switches that some games (racing, American football) use, between "arcade" and "sim" styles?

Does this include online? Because in my experience so far, the combination of increased lag and buffed ball winning means that the dribbling is less effective than before.

I dont touch online, i just cannot be bothered :LOL:

I wouldnt be exagerrating much if I said AI defending, as it stands, looks like this:
View attachment 19790

Yes, those cheese fouls are the only really big issue i have.

Back
Top Bottom