was WE8 the game that cheated the most?

M

manutd12

was WE8 (WE8I and PES4) the game that cheated the most from the series?

i mean, your players not being able to move, the ball always going to the opposition, super human cpu players in the last minutes, ref never giving them yellow cards...etc

manutd12 said:
was WE8 (WE8I and PES4) the game that cheated the most from the series?

i mean, your players not being able to move, the ball always going to the opposition, super human cpu players in the last minutes, ref never giving them yellow cards...etc
I for one have NEVER seen these things and only heard about it leading me to believe people just plain don't like losing and when they do concede a last min FK for example.. will jump to ridiculous conclusions like "CPU players FK taker stats are bumped to 99 when playin against us" or "My Keeper's ability goes down to 50 when CPU takes FK" :lmao:

Now I just choose to ignore it.. except this one time of course hahaha ;)

WE8 cheated and people can deny all they want, the usual shit "you just hate losing" well that is just shit, even when I win the game cheated so how do you explain that?..anyway we aint going to convince the hardcore fanboys the game cheated so lets move on.

I have played about 6 games of WE9 and have never once said bullshit about a decision, the ball physics are the same for both teams, so far this game doesnt cheat, no doubt when I play the ML I will see the true side of it but what can you do.

So true. The Master-League tends to become the Cheat-League. I mean, it's kinda weird when I can win every game 10-0 on 6* with some stupid team like FC Den Bosch vs Real Madrid but in the MasterLeague get beaten in the last minute. I don't mind losing, I mean, if I choose a minor team I don't expect to win the treble every year. If I can play subtop in first division and reach the cupfinals I'm happy too, but one thing I hate is the CPU cheating and making my players inferior... If they would win just because of their own great tactics and actions okay but not by handicapping my players.

(The CPU is like: Oh I can't win from them, let's make them all spastically, physically, mentally handicapped so I can win with two fingers in my nose.)

I get cheated during corners. The computer would header it down, the keeper saves it, it falls in front of 3 of my defenders, i'm frantically pressing square but they just stand there looking at the ball and the compurt out of no where scores.

This always happens in those last minute corners.

Pi**es me off!... A lot!

Last edited:
kingpug said:
I have played about 6 games of WE9 and have never once said bullshit about a decision, the ball physics are the same for both teams, so far this game doesnt cheat, no doubt when I play the ML I will see the true side of it but what can you do.

oh, just you wait, you'll soon become disappointed....

dodgy physics, players not moving at all, even with super-cancel, players being slowed down by the cpu to stop you getting to the ball first, players going in the weird zig-zag runs to prevent them getting to the ball, completely biased refs, and now we have even more balls flying over the bar from 1 yard, cpu super boost towards end of each half.......it's all still in there and it wrecks the game

I have held on to a lot of 1-0 wins in the past....i dont see why some of you cant do the same..... get your D up man.....

i have also screwed the AI plent of times scoring with the last kick of the game, either winning or tieing it up....... i must have been cheating though

You might be right Bummy and maybe it's not as bad as we think. It might be a combination of factors like us wanting to win the game and getting really pissed when we don't. I always say to myself: Okay if you lose, just take it and do better in the next game. Obviously this doesn't count when you get f***ing cheated in the last minute of the WEFA Championships... Aaaargh! Blood's boiling again... AAAAA! :shock: :shock:

The game cheat because Artificial Intelligence isn't perfect...

there are always problems is WE, but problems are different if you play to We6,7 or8...cos' gameplay changes, IA changes...In my opinion...

Yeah, the game does "cheat", like if you win to many games in a row on master league they proper cheat, I would just touch them make them wobble and I would get a yellow, and they have a foul, when I run get took out or pushed right off the ball, I dont get nothing, then theres the play on rule, I would be fouled but the ball carry on to my player who is onside but the defender is down by the touchline, but fr it to get called a foul, when this happens to the com, its play on.

Its like yesterday in my ML, I played a team and went 1-0 up, then they crossed it low, it went to my defender but he just watched it I couldnt move it then it went pass my 2nd defender fell to one of there players, my keeper rushed out and missed and the player kicked it in.

the cheating thing is real, it ain't something that we have invented....

i wish i could make a video of a player from my team limping so that he doesn't get to the ball...(i have some saved replays)

the CPU doesn't cheat in all games, but it does in some, and it just ruins the game sometimes, when there's a corner and your defender heads the ball out of the box so that a cpu player is waiting for it alone outside...etc

Oh do you mean how your players dont run at full speed during 50-50s sometimes?

the card system in we8 was utter shit, because you always get yellow cards and the cpu ''seem'' to always get warns from the ref...

Massacre_1907 said:
the card system in we8 was utter shit, because you always get yellow cards and the cpu ''seem'' to always get warns from the ref...
We7 was worse. A slide tackle would give you a red card lol.

Simmsm88 said:
We7 was worse. A slide tackle would give you a red card lol.

it's funny in we8, you get yellow cards without hesitation from the referee, but then a cpu player breaks your leg when you are making a run to goal...and he gets nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
but really, i think we8 was the game that cheated the most, or at least it had a lot of glitches compared to the others...

i played we jleague 2000 like a month ago and there wasn't super cancel, the game was simply great

The cheating was a Konami cop-out.

The couldn't provide the AI for the CPU to play match-winning football. Instead, they'd rather give all CPU players the strength of a bear and speed of a puma in the last 10 minutes to render them untackleable!

I'm a PES guy the only WE I've played is WE8:LE and in my experience PES4 and WE8:LE only fall short of PES3 for pure cheating action.

Yet the said games are all mind-boggling easy on 6*.

I'm praying the new instalment resembles the 'good old days', because PES3, PES4 and WE8:LE were all scud in comparison.

PLF said:
I for one have NEVER seen these things and only heard about it leading me to believe people just plain don't like losing and when they do concede a last min FK for example.. will jump to ridiculous conclusions like "CPU players FK taker stats are bumped to 99 when playin against us" or "My Keeper's ability goes down to 50 when CPU takes FK" :lmao:

Now I just choose to ignore it.. except this one time of course hahaha ;)

only noobs cant see the cheating, cause i remembered when i just started to play pes i didnt notice any of the cheating, but once you master the game, the cheating is obvious as hell.

or the second option is that your a fanboy...

Last edited:
oh yeah, how about the nonsense handballs in we8 and we7, totaly crap ... the player doesnt even move his arm and ref calls it handball out of nowhere, oh yeah this acnnot happen inside the box because i have never seen a penalty from a handball, how realistic was this ?

Yeah i used to hate those constant handballs, but i still would like to see them at crucial moments, eg. when someone scores with a hand, which has happened

Back
Top Bottom