WC06 Qualifiers' and Internationals' Thread (June 5th Results)

I'm glad Sven has picked Green again. I wish he would ditch James altogether. You're going to get more miles out of Green and Robinson imo. Up front it's the midget show again i see. We need at least one big man.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I'm glad Sven has picked Green again. I wish he would ditch James altogether. You're going to get more miles out of Green and Robinson imo. Up front it's the midget show again i see. We need at least one big man.

well, are you pro-heskey? if not, then who is eligable?

-fb

parreira doenst banned the players from Milan and Bayern.
He just doesnt named them but in the next game for the qualifiers he will call them.

But doesnt matter, we have a lot of good players for the national team, the only guy tah dont can be replaced is kaka because edu, alex, diego and j.pernambucano are worse tah he

i can see this is your first post, soo welcome on behalf of this fine forum.

secondly, well you saw what brasil were capable of without kaka at the copa america, you would think that maybe they could hold up SOME friendlies and qualifiers without him?

-fb

ps thats not taking anything away from kaka, he is a bundle of talent

well, sven goren eriksson has opted to go with alan smith in the WC qualifiying double headers against poland and austria.

smith will be real madrid's michael owen's strike partner once again after the two were strung together in the international friendly with ukraine

-fb

alright, its time to breathe some life back into this thread...

i was speaking with a friend who was pro-lehmann (arsenal fan, of course, soo he wasnt much of a friend... ;)) but he was saying how lehmann is a very good goalkeeper, and that one day will start for germany. it got me to think, maybe WC06 will be jens lehmann's debut into international footy? discuss!

-fb

hes already playedin a couple of friendlies. and he believes he is the best keeper in germany and can't believe how kahn pips him to the post. personally i reckon hes alright but we'd be better off with someone else.

and i hope there are gonna be several at that! that makes for exciting qualifying matches, but if every group yields an upset maybe europe wont be able to field strong sides... but seeing how italy have preformed lately, i would fancy an upset in Italy vs Moldova ;)

-fb

footieBalla said:
alright, its time to breathe some life back into this thread...

i was speaking with a friend who was pro-lehmann (arsenal fan, of course, soo he wasnt much of a friend... ;)) but he was saying how lehmann is a very good goalkeeper, and that one day will start for germany. it got me to think, maybe WC06 will be jens lehmann's debut into international footy? discuss!

-fb
Lehman sucks, he is one of the worst keepers I have ever seen at this level of footie, he is so shaky, he is horrible, he is the only weak spot on arsenal

well thats a new one... i guess i overlooked lehmann's age, ive never liked him very much himself... and he's never been really tested that much. the gooners have played well and he hasnt been really called upon.

-fb

For the south american qualifiers:

Paraguay
Arqueros:
Justo Villar (Newell's Old Boys / ARG)
Aldo Bobadilla (Cerro Porteño)
Diego Barreto (Cerro Porteño)
Defensas:
Pedro Sarabia (Cerro Porteño)
Emilio Martínez (Libertad)
Julio César Cáceres (Nantes / FRA)
Julio César Manzur (Guaraní)
Carlos Gamarra (Inter de Milán / ITA)
Paulo Da Silva (Toluca / MEX)
Delio Toledo (Real Zaragoza / ESP)
Edgar Barreto (NEC Nijmegen / HOL)
Mediocampistas:
Diego Gavilán (Internacional / BRA)
Edgar González (Guaraní)
Aureliano Torres (Guaraní)
Julio César Enciso (Olimpia)
Carlos Humberto Paredes (Reggina / ITA)
Mauro Monges (Nacional)
Delanteros:
José Saturnino Cardozo (Toluca / MEX)
Roque Santa Cruz (Bayern Munich / ALE)
Nelson Cuevas (River Plate / ARG)
Freddy Bareiro (Libertad)
Raúl Román (Olimpia)
César Ramírez (Cerro Porteño)
Julio González (Vicenza / ITA)

Perú
Arqueros:
Leao Butrón (Alianza Lima)
Óscar Ibáñez (Cienciano)
Defensas:
Santiago Acasiete (Almería / ESP)
John Galliquio (Universitario)
Miguel Ángel Villalta (Sporting Cristal)
Luis Hernández (Bolognesi)
Alberto Rodríguez (Sporting Cristal)
Guillermo Salas (Alianza Lima)
Walter Vílchez (Alianza Lima)
Miguel Rebosio (Almería / ESP)
Mediocampistas:
Marko Ciurlizza (Alianza Lima)
Julio García (Atlético Morelia / MEX)
Juan José Jayo (Alianza Lima)
Aldo Olcese (Alianza Lima)
Roberto Palacios (Deportivo Cali / COL)
Jorge Soto (Sporting Cristal)
Nolberto Solano (Aston Villa / ING)
Carlos Zegarra (Sporting Cristal)
Delanteros:
Jefferson Farfán (PSV Eindhoven / HOL)
Pedro García (Alianza Atlético)
Flavio Maestri (Sin Club)
Andrés Mendoza (Metallurg Donetsk / UCR)
Junior Ross (Bolognesi)

Colombia
Arqueros:
Miguel Calero (Pachuca / MEX)
Faryd Mondragón (Galatasaray / TUR)
Defensas:
Luis Amaranto Perea (Atlético Madrid / ESP)
Iván Córdoba (Inter de Milán / ITA)
Mario Yepes (París Saint-Germain / FRA)
Gerardo Bedoya (Colón de Santa Fé / ARG)
César Fawcett (Atlético Junior)
Andrés Orozco (Dorados / MEX)
Mediocampistas:
Fabián Vargas (Boca Juniors / ARG)
Frankie Oviedo (Puebla / MEX)
Víctor Pacheco (Atlante / MEX)
Giovanni Hernández (Colón de Santa Fé / ARG)
John Javier Restrepo (Cruz Azul / MEX)
Jairo Patiño (River Plate / ARG)
John Viáfara (Once Caldas)
Juan Carlos Ramírez (Atlético Nacional)
Delanteros:
Juan Pablo Ángel (Aston Villa / ING)
Elkin Murillo (LDU Quito / ECU)
Léider Preciado (Santa Fé)
Edixon Perea (Atlético Nacional)

now, out of those three... peru has been the most successful as of late? i only say this because of the recent copa america, in which they were the hosts, plus they did produce some pretty football.

-fb

foxtrot said:
Germany should give or should have given Stefan Klos a few games. He's solid! Absolutely solid!

i wonder what could possibly make him say that?! ;)

but really, how old is klos? and hilderbrand?

-fb

no but does anybody know the ages of all of these poitentailly eligable golkeepers?

-fb

bradley1886 said:
hes already playedin a couple of friendlies. and he believes he is the best keeper in germany and can't believe how kahn pips him to the post. personally i reckon hes alright but we'd be better off with someone else.

don't see how you Arsenal fans can stick up for Lehmann the guys a complete ass he nearly cost you so many games last season the guy could start a fight in an empty room him and Kahn should be brothers both arrogant idiots who think there gods gift to football personally i think the Stuttgart keeper sghould be number one can remember his name but he looks good when i've seen him play

Kahn may be going down, age doesn't forgive, but please do respect him, he was the best keeper of the world for many years... and even today he is one of the best
!
Dunno 'bout other german keepers who might sub him, but it surely isn't lehman! :|
I still remember lehman once critisizing kahn for the goal he against RM laste season, but, oh the irony, a couple of weeks later he was doing worst for Arsenal... and still remeber the goal arsenal suffered agains Chelsea! He has a big mouth, but no skill to back it up! Kahn does IMO!

grav3digg3r said:
Kahn may be going down, age doesn't forgive, but please do respect him, he was the best keeper of the world for many years... and even today he is one of the best
!
Dunno 'bout other german keepers who might sub him, but it surely isn't lehman! :|
I still remember lehman once critisizing kahn for the goal he against RM laste season, but, oh the irony, a couple of weeks later he was doing worst for Arsenal... and still remeber the goal arsenal suffered agains Chelsea! He has a big mouth, but no skill to back it up! Kahn does IMO!

kahn is good but hes still a complete ass and a loudmouth

footieBalla said:
no but does anybody know the ages of all of these poitentailly eligable golkeepers?

-fb

Ages:

Kahn: 35
Hilderbrand: 25
Weidenfeller: 23
Klos: 32
Lehmann: 34

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has revealed that he had thought about quitting international football after France's disappointing finish at this past summer's European Championships. The 27 year old says that the thought vanished somewhat quickly however, due to the fact that he feels he has a duty to lead the younger members of the French side. After seeing Zinedine Zidane, Bixente Lizarazou, Marcel Desailly, and Lilian Thuram bowing out from international football, the Golden Boot winner in the EPL explains that he must make his mark to the youth.

"It's the way it happened for me when I came here for the first time." says Henry.

Henry will be a key figure for Les Bleus in Saturday's World Cup qualifier match against Israel.

----------------------
Irish midfielder Jason McAteer has hung up his international football boots. Calling it "the toughest decision by any sportsman", the former Bolton, Liverpool, Sunderland and currently Tranmere player says that they are fortunate to have such "cracking players coming through".

Injuries have scuppered McAteer's football career and it is no surprise that it is the cause for his inability to compete in Republic of Ireland's upcoming World Cup qualifying matches against Cyprus and Switzerland.

-fb

Parkin09 said:
don't see how you Arsenal fans can stick up for Lehmann the guys a complete ass he nearly cost you so many games last season the guy could start a fight in an empty room him and Kahn should be brothers both arrogant idiots who think there gods gift to football personally i think the Stuttgart keeper sghould be number one can remember his name but he looks good when i've seen him play

that would be the said timo hildebrand[25], the second youngest german keeper playing well abroad to borussia dortmund's (? right?) weidenfeller[23].

-fb

well these are matches in which italy are pretty much favourites to win... by a large margin of gols at that.

its time for change, and now that lippi's at the helm, maybe a little shuffle of the lineup will wake them up.

-fb

Gazz22 said:
footieBalla said:
-fb
Ages:
Kahn: 35
Hilderbrand: 25
Weidenfeller: 23
Klos: 32
Lehmann: 34
What happened with Hans-Jorg Butt and Frank Rost?, They aren't longer called habitually?.

Thuram quit the national team?
I was under the impression that he stayed!
please confirm!

Another thing... can anyone tell the players who where called up for Italy's National team... Wanna see who's missing, and who's new! :)

Back
Top Bottom