WE 10 Free Kicks

Stimulate_uk

League 2
19 May 2006
LFC
is anybody having a problem CURLING the ball on free kicks? i use the directional pad but the ball just goes straight to the keeper. On previous versions i have been pretty successful with them, so this halt baffles me. Can anybody help me here? Thanks

Same applies to me. hard to score from free kicks, layoffs as well. Only 3 goals scored in 2 seasons . Free kicks expert needed!

I've not noticed any real difference guys. Seems the same set up as before to me. Power and hold direction(s) for curl as it rises.

Saem as WE9/PES5. :)

Yesterday I played the training mode to practice the Free Kick and I could not do the curling. I tried pressing everything, the directional pad, the :r1: :l1: as Konami explains in his official page. Nothing happen:(

Dunno what you guys are doing sorry, no problem curling the ball in WE10 for me. Hold in left/right as the power bar fills up, same for corners too.

Yep the method is the same, but i deffo score less free kicks than i did in pes5. And I'm one of the worlds best(maybe).

jonestm said:
Yep the method is the same, but i deffo score less free kicks than i did in pes5. And I'm one of the worlds best(maybe).

Aren't we all! ;)

wow thats alot. But for layoffs, i managed to get around 8 in 10 as well with rooney, but now the layoffs are too quick to measure the exact power u want.

i´ve always do the same thing everytime, if the player shoot with his right foot press left and down at the same time in the directional pad, and if his lefty right and down, try no to press to much down because it probably the ball is going to goal very slow, and if you wanna make a long free kick you could pres up and left(if his right).

I hope this work foy you, see ya

I really don't see the problem. If anything, it's easier. A lot of the times the wall doesn't jump (or one individual in it) and the ball hits the target more often.

I also love the fact that you have a chance of scoring on the end the keeper is at with much higher frequency than in WE9, providing you have the right kicker on.

hi all, sorry i didn't aware of this topic before..

so, any free kick master here who can share ur tips ? ;)

to inite : i use X after kicking the ball to slow the ball down. n the effect is the ball will goin down steeper compared if u don't press X

Mihaijlovic is the man for me, because of his stance he seems to get loads of curl. Great long passer too. Handy in a fight. A dangerous romantic figure....erm...hahaha..From distance i'll hold up and right/left on the d-pad and triangle. Very close and down right/left on d-pad and x.

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't managed to score layoffs or goals from more than 32 mtrs with sheva or seedorf, let alone pirlo :/
the ball goes way too slow

hey guys
without sounding to big headed, i am great at free kicks. i usually find that from about 25 - 30 yards holdin :r1: up and either left or right dependin on the side ur on and ur foot. beckham's stance is good for this type of freekick. i also find that wen u have a free kick on the edge of the area just tapping :circle: to loft it ova the wall to the goal were the keeper isnt works well.

hey, can u guys still do free kick with O ? i think in WE 8 it worked effectively

try this:
take Ronaldinho, direct the ball to the target, then press :square:.
When the gauge power disappear, hold(!!!) one of the directional button till the ball is in the net.;)

just to clear something:
left directional button make the ball curl to the left

Last edited:
Androctonvs said:
so right footed players shouldn't curl to the left?
you on lsd or sumthin?

the "don't" wasn't at the right place.
i've wrote something and then changed it.
btw not lsd - marijuana!8)

when i hold the left or right button, it just goes straight to the keeper?

also, i used to score r.carlos free kicks from 43m on pro evo 5, on we10 its a lot harder to do!

Score sod all free kicks probably 1 in 15 or so... on the training ground can score a few more but there seems to be no logic do exactly the same FK time and time again one will fly in then ten wont, far too little power on the ball 49 times out of 50 as well even when using a top striker. But this seems to be the same with shots as most now just fly over the bar without any reason!!! it's still a big bug bear to me Free kicks suck on WE and PES...

jonestm said:
Mihaijlovic is the man for me, because of his stance he seems to get loads of curl. Great long passer too. Handy in a fight. A dangerous romantic figure....erm...hahaha..From distance i'll hold up and right/left on the d-pad and triangle. Very close and down right/left on d-pad and x.

I question you jones;) i remember a certain mister Jamie Redknapp boarding that plane as the only free kick scorer for long enough(o.k it was on pes4). And those duels we have.... will be heard through the ages\\:o/

Ah, urbanspy we both know who is the king of memorial matches. And the winner of the sunday tourneys is NEVER in doubt. Every time I win a free kick an awed hush settles in the room, and I bask in the reverence...

jonestm said:
Ah, urbanspy we both know who is the king of memorial matches. And the winner of the sunday tourneys is NEVER in doubt. Every time I win a free kick an awed hush settles in the room, and I bask in the reverence...

PSV PSV PSV YOU REMEMBER THAT IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

urbanspy said:
PSV PSV PSV YOU REMEMBER THAT IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
I can't rememeber. Nor do i remember what happened yesterday night, I just remember it was very dubious. Anyway, back on topic i must say free kicks feel slightly more random than in pes5.

jonestm said:
I can't rememeber. Nor do i remember what happened yesterday night, I just remember it was very dubious. Anyway, back on topic i must say free kicks feel slightly more random than in pes5.

agreed*cough* germany *cough* Two free kicks same place, power, one lesser kicker scoring with less stats than the stronger who is nowhere near:roll: Seabass i DEMAND answers

Back
Top Bottom