WE 10 Goalkeepers Question

TheSphere

Non-League
8 May 2006
Living in the UK, PES6, i.e Winning Eleven 10 is some way off from release. However, as Winning Eleven 10 had been released for a few weeks, I wonder if anyone who has played it could answer my query;

In PES5/WE9, I felt the keeper dives were in the most part unrealistic and oftern annoying. Mainly this is due to the fact that one-handed dives inherent in the game are few and far between, whereas in real football, they are much more common. Furthemore, most of the dives were two handed ones, where the keepr barely stretches to save, which consequently made the keepr diving animations look so unrealistic that it really ruined my gaming experience. In fact, the best goalkeeper animations in the seires, in my opinion were in the original PES, way back in 2001.

As a result, I would like to know whether this problem has been adressed in WE 10, for example, are there a more one-handed dives? do the keepers really stretch for the ball? is the emphasis on one rather than two handed saves? Do any dives/animations look unrealistic adn are there many of them if so? Are there many new dives? Do they look like ones you'd see in real matches?

I would appreciate any answers.

the keeper uses one-hand 95% of the time i find, they have improved on the animations 100%....also now when the keeper tips the ball over the bar it doesn't hit mars and rebound back into play, just a nice little flick over the bar

I think keepers are weaker than in PES5. There's more release and so there much rotted goal or against your camp particularly or freekick.
Animations are more realistic but unfortunately the keeper are clearly weaker in my opinion

goalkeepers in we10 are shocking so unrealistic its unbelievable they allways parry it to an opposing player an never catch the ball

Sorry but the keepers are uter shit they are pish PES5 has the best ones i think and also the game is pish easy they have fucked it up yeah the animations are 100% better and the keepers hanging onto the bar(i think is very cool) the games is smother but its way to easy and the through ball are like fifa straight to the guys feet no mistakes just straight there very unrealistic pro evo 5 is way better in game play and also i like PES5's through balls there more hit and miss like real life also the refs are just as bad you do a wee slide and yellow card yeah theres more give in the shoulder tackles but the slides give yellow, yellow, red the dam offside they still haven't fixed 1mm in front of the defender and your offside.

Also the passing has been fucked PES5 you press a direction and A or X and it goes that way in this it goes to the nearest guy and its a pain in the ass you lose the ball when you shouldn't.

ie. put some ones stats as low as they go and play a match and do a through ball they are still 100% accurate dosnt mater how good your guy is they still get 100% through balls.

Fifa is getting more like pro evo and pro evo is getting more like Fifa hope to hell they fix this for pro evolution soccer 6 or i will stick with pro evo 5 and just make new stadiums.

+side
better collision with players and ball, smother graphics, nicer strips and animations.

Last edited:
At least now they seem human, in we9 they rarely lost a ball in their hands, they have magnets or something! xD

people can rant how easy the game is but its fun......... joga bonito i guess might have been the think behind this game.

anyway yeah keepers are much more 'realistic'. better dives, not always catching a wayne rooney shot and also interacting with their posts.

like on time i took a freekick dida catched it but ran into his right post and had to tip the ball round the post.lol

joga bonito kids!!!!

gtlogan said:
goalkeepers in we10 are shocking so unrealistic its unbelievable they allways parry it to an opposing player an never catch the ball
Did you see schwartzer lastnight,he did'nt catch shit.;)

The keepers are more unpredictable, more realistic and more vulnerable. They are naturally easier, especially if you have a good team, but that works both ways so it means defending is more paramount.

I'm not sure about this whole 'it's easier' thing.

It's not.

I was undefeated as Villarreal in my last PES5 master league game over the course of two and half seasons. But more striking than being undefeated was the fact that I never felt as though the opposition ever really posed a threat EVER. In WE10 the opposition is more purposeful and the goalkeepers are more fragile meaning I don't score the same type of goals over a course of a season - I get different types of goals scored both for and against me.

Whether you like it or not depends I suppose.

It would be nice to have greater variation in goalkeeper behavior. Your composed Buffon to your skitty Casillas and your bumbling Kameni.

keepers almost ruin the muliplayer fun. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Zidane87 said:
people can rant how easy the game is but its fun......... joga bonito i guess might have been the think behind this game.

anyway yeah keepers are much more 'realistic'. better dives, not always catching a wayne rooney shot and also interacting with their posts.

like on time i took a freekick dida catched it but ran into his right post and had to tip the ball round the post.lol

joga bonito kids!!!!

Well said.

JOGA BONITO BABY!!

That first clip of Buffon made me laugh harder than anything since the England World Cup squad.

TheSphere said:
In fact, the best goalkeeper animations in the seires, in my opinion were in the original PES, way back in 2001.

I would appreciate any answers.

thats why u r in sunday league not in premiership! i think the animations have improved since 2001! its 5 years dude!!! the only thing i noticed is that the keeper cant hold on to the ball most of the time. but thats my opinion after playing like 3 hours only!

Whats the story with the keepers coming out automatically in a 1 on 1.
this is doin my head in.
Can you still control the keeper with L1 while running out?

My bro scored a good few goals on me last night, while the keeper runs out automatically the striker just runs around the keeper every time and
scores or else chips him.

Whan said:
No problem???
Watch this:
on 6 stars ;)
http://rapidshare.de/files/19095279/myslenie.avi.html
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QthRS9qACQA&search=winning eleven 10

PS
Probably you should buy glasses man..... :lmao:
keepers 5ucks...

U got that right keepers r bollocks, WE10 4 me is ok but the keepers r Shit. From wathcin vidoes on youtube you can see this. I hav the game and soley say there is too much parrying by the keepers.

I understand that PES5 keepers were unrealistic e.g top corner free kicks they grab them out of the air if they save them that is but........

Personally i think Konami do it on purpose, release PES4/WE8 then release WE 8LE (which is basically yr arcade version) WE9/PES5 much slower than previous, had more whislte blowing than the Enron case. but in all the game PES5 warmed to ppl over time.

Now i think they will take it a step back so they can release the nex one after this one PES6. and hav ppl saying bloody brilliant.

This maybe 4 the nex gen

In my opinion, WE10 is good except for a few flaws:

1). In general, the game is too inclined towards the attackers. It is more difficult to defend in this game.
2). The goalkeepers parry the shot too much instead of holding on to it. To make it worse, they seem to always parry the shot into the path of another incoming attacker.

Back
Top Bottom