WE 9: International will relaese in February 7, 2006

WE9 said:
Even more depth to gameplay ...

more about it ..

here

ON PS2

The reviewers are comparing the game to WE8:I, not PES5 so what do you expect them to say?

The screenshots they show are identical to the ones they showed for the original August 2005 release of the Japanese version of WE9 so there's nothing new here at all.

It's obvious the reviewers have never seen, let alone played, PES5 as they would comment on the differences, if any (which we know there won't be), and whether the crowd bug has been fixed.

This is a waste of a review and basically any pre-release review of PES5 is as valid as this 5 month old news.

Right, the review is for American audiences who don't get PES or the japanese version... so As far as Americans are concerned, this is the next one in line to WE:8... I don't see the problem.

CapnKill said:
Right, the review is for American audiences who don't get PES or the japanese version... so As far as Americans are concerned, this is the next one in line to WE:8... I don't see the problem.

Other than most of us have already been playing the PC version of PES5 for months!

And then, a great number of us have been playing the PS2/XBox version too.

Konami really don't give anybody who has PES5 any incentive to buy a new game we've already had for 5 months but just called by a different name! For freaks sake, in the demo, the crowd bug is still freaking there!

Curse my old PC which doesn't have a DVD drive. Otherwise I would have picked up the PC version of PES 5 already. I have it for the PSP, at least. I actually quite enjoyed reading the gamespy preview.

Konami's website has the US release listed as Spring 2006 now and BestBuy has 3/3/06.
Anyone have anything cocrete that says we will miss the original 2/7/06 release date?

I don't trust the game stores (EB & GameStop) dates, because they don't want to turn away early pre-orders.

As I recall this is the same scenario as last year...the date was pushed back a month.

I'll be very surprised if it's actually released on Feb 7th. Konami America will only have had 5 months to change the title screen and the opening voiceover so they'll need the extra month to make sure they can schedule that in alongside picking their noses and inserting their thumbs up their asses!

I hope it is early Feb. but history tells us it'll be delayed, it always is - WE6:I, WE7:I & WE8:I. Probably mid-March.

Lazy cnuts! Perhaps the new box it comes in hasn't finished being designed yet! Oh wait - it has! Ok, perhaps they want to wait to update the rosters! No wait - they always give us the same rosters as the release from 6 months previous!

Wankers.

i pre order mine yesterday from a game stop store, in USA, they told me game would be released on february 7th but they won't sell it till the 8th.

jflores said:
Ok, so is this american version of WE9 be capable to run on XBOX360???

Hoping so which is why I've pre-ordered mine.

If PES5 works on the Euro XBox360's, theoretically, there's no reason why WE9 won't work on our North American ones.

"Theoretically" being the operative word!

TheWolf said:
Hoping so which is why I've pre-ordered mine.

If PES5 works on the Euro XBox360's, theoretically, there's no reason why WE9 won't work on our North American ones.

"Theoretically" being the operative word!

Excellent! then perhaps I should pre-order my copy as well. Thanks mate!

jflores said:
Ok, so is this american version of WE9 be capable to run on XBOX360???

As of right now the answer in NO, I read the list of XBOX games that run on the 360 and there was just like 180 games or something and I didn't find any WE game in that list, but Micro$oft said it will keep on adding Xbox games to the list so maybe later WE9 will run on the 360.

a lot people thougt they were going to follow the pattern of pushing it back to march.. but so far no announcement.
It would be ridiculous to push back the release date with 2 weeks to go.

FreeShyne2009 said:
a lot people thougt they were going to follow the pattern of pushing it back to march.. but so far no announcement.
It would be ridiculous to push back the release date with 2 weeks to go.

Why? That's what has happened every other year! You have to remember that Konami have always said Spring 06 on the official website. It's the stores who have said otherwise.

Regarding backwards compatability, the list was last updated in December and doesn't list forthcoming games, only existing games. PES5 and WE9:I have the same coding so they'd be no reason why it won't work on the 360.

JayM said:
I thought all games made after the release of the 360 would be made to work?

No, not immediately but Microsoft have said that their aim is that EVERY title, regardless of age is roadmapped to be compatable. Starting with the best selling titles first. There should be a new list of compatable titles out in the next week.

I can't wait! I'll definitely be getting it, not that there was ever any doubt. I didn't import PES5 this year; not with being able to go online with WE9I against the rest of us yanks. ;>

IGN has some videos of the PS2 version (I think) but they might be insider only, to me it looks like there is one or two new animations in the game (?).

JayM said:
IGN has some videos of the PS2 version (I think) but they might be insider only, to me it looks like there is one or two new animations in the game (?).

The videos IGN have are videos of PES5 from about last Fall. If you're talking about new animations from WE8:I then obviously but there's nothing new in those videos. Neither Gamespot nor IGN have posted anything new or anything that really wasn't just a review of PES5 since October last year. I've watchedthose videos several times and they're identical to the ones they released as a preview for PES5.

I'm sure IGN has released new videos. They've done a series of classic match up videos recently like Roma vs. Lazio. And the link in the post above mine has a video direct from Konami's Gamer's Day.

Back
Top Bottom