We only want justice!

Isn't it so that one of Turkey's biggest sports papers is called FANATIK??? That says it all...i think the press has a huge responsability in things like this (and not only in Turkey, the English or German tabloids' way of reporting is outrageous too).

To be fair to Turkish people it is also about a clash of cultures...we don't understand each others reactions...
I saw Liverpool fans a couple of weeks ago in Brussels. They behaved extremely well but the way they adressed passing women is seen as humiliating by most muslim people...
Most western people who go to other countries (Arab, Eastern, African...) behave like at home...this is often without respect for the culture of the country they visit...this is often the case in football, hence the difficulties in Turkey when English teams played European matches...it is not only caused by misbehaviour of Turkish people...

But there is a problem in Turkish football and it would not be bad if they would be punished. I totally agree with Rentalkids post which is a very good, sensitive one...

PS: Bule what about those apologies...i'm still waiting...

to be honest, as a culture we have very good people but more then that there is people who snap quickly at little things, and in the game of football majority of fans likes "trouble" and when something bad happens against them at away match they would like to not forget about it so the other team must suffer like payback. However this can happen by whistling in the national anthem and burning their flags and such, but if they didnt throw stuff at pitch or chase the team , i dont understand why we did it, from my understanding , as a eliminated team from wc 2006 ( which a big thing ) the fans all went insanse on how would 3rd best team at 2002 would lose this quickly to under rated team, they try to take their anger out , this is same with the players. Well this shouldnt have happend but it did, so we should get whatever punishment but the elimination from wc 2010 is waay big punishment that this should not happen with this kind of incident.

Also milan came and played at our stadium today, and it was a very normal match because as fenerbahce fans we are organized and like to stay with rules if 1 person throws things 5 others warn him, however in turkish matches any team supporter comes and you dont know what kind of behavior they have in their stadium so they bring that kind of stuff here and cause this trouble.

Back
Top Bottom