WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

Hi guys, what great news! Cant wait for this. The one game I will play over and over and over again!!! Graphics rnt too bad, but cld b better, but the features sound great and truly next gen. The Dragao Stadium looks phoenominal.
Now just hoping for Chelsea to be licensed and for Stamford Bridge to come back!! That would make my day lol
Thanks again to Suff and Adonis for the info last week, it was spot on :applause: \\:o/

Hoping for more info in the coming weeks :)!!

...I like these new scans, Ronaldinho and Kakà look very nice...I noticed the boots are the same of PES6 on 360, but players design is evolved...Does anybody know something about the rumor "PS3 version is Better than 360"???

I'm really disappointed with the graphics in general; I've just had a look at the "News" section of Evo-Web, where Kezz has shrank the pictures a bit to make them fit a bit easier, and when they're shrank there's very little difference between the current 360 graphics and these new ones. You'd be hard-pushed to tell the difference if someone sprayed a bit of lighting onto a PES6 360 shot. And, apparently, one of the press releases has said graphics will be the same across the PS3, 360 and PC versions, so these are the graphics we're going to get regardless of what platform it's on. You can say "they will be worked on before the final release" but unless they've put the release date back a year they're going to be 99% like they are now - the faces are great but the whole look still has a cartoon feel to it. And I honestly think after seeing these shots that, although it may be foolish considering nobody here has played the game yet, it looks to me like it will be just another Pro Evo. A few tweaks, a new feature or two and there you go, £50 please.

But one thing that does set the graphics apart from the competition is the facial expressions in these shots. The screenshot where the guy is on the floor is really good because it's obvious he's protesting his innocence after a tackle - for a computer game to make something obvious using facial expressions is a big feat, it's very hard to get a natural look that makes you identify with the guy's emotion.

That player interview screen looks really interesting as well. Hopefully it's not just a screen that appears in the background when a match is over and that it actually means something. You'd imagine it's ML-related, which is great and which we've been wanting on here for years. But if the format is still one big league and one tiny league, then it's not too big of a deal in comparison.

After having so little news for so long, and seeing so much speculation, you expect bigger and better things - I think Konami's decision to keep the PR held back until so close to release is a really bad one, because the more little snippets that you read, the more speculation that you take in, the more it sits and ferments in your mind until you're expecting a game where you can step inside the TV and kick the ball yourself.

Haha, good spot. How next-gen is that...

The screenshot where the guy is on the floor is really good because it's obvious he's protesting his innocence after a tackle
But he's not looking at the referee, who is he protesting to?:shock:

Last edited:
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

He could be about to turn around. There you are, don't accuse me of being a cynic. ;)

screens...OK. but for PES is video much more impotrant than for any other game. have to say, that screens did NOT look as good as they could. but in gameplay view from bigger distance a lot of detailks are useless and the motion capturing and animation are important. and ball physics

Hey Konami, if you're reading this, Costinha (#6 for Portugal), hasn't played for the national team for over a year now.

We will have an edit mode to correct that anyway.

Khello new thread.

@JayM: True.

@Suff: Weren't you guys going to call your contact today? What happened?

About the graphics, i think they're ok. I'm more concerned about the in-game, AI, new modes, new leagues/tournies, and new licenses really. About that interview pic, i'm hoping thats the player career mode :D

These are only "public relations" graphics to announce the game.

Hopefully, it will move and look much better in wide mode, I expect so anyway.

PS3 version > 360 version?

Mmm, we'll have to wait and see. If you take Virtua Tennis 3 as an example, you needed a magnifying glass, or a 55 inch screen to see the difference between the two versions, and that was mainly down to HDMI socketry over VGA/component (but the game looks great on both formats).

My view of this IGN-info:
I think people make a mistake saying the graphics are not too good. The problem is that screenshots are without motion. Just imagine players running with kits that flow and cease. That would be great to watch! Then it suddenly looks much better than screenshots!
Apart from that, I am over the moon with the addition of the new team-vision AI. Reading what that means convince me that this part is real next-gen. It is the part of gameplay that makes the ( already big ) gap in gameplay between FIFA and PES even bigger.
I can understand that players who only play other humans don't rate this feature too high, but playing the CPU ( Master League! ) will make this a superb gaming experience.
I always enjoyed myself tweaking the strategy and tactics and it looks like this feature is exactly my thing :)
Apart from that, the editor is fully implemented, something the 360 players were waiting for.
In short: I am very happy with this :)

He could be about to turn around. There you are, don't accuse me of being a cynic. ;)

maybe theyre watching to the big screen and thinking he thats me because the camera is right in front of it, think about it it's NEXt GEN, audience with AI is the future.

cant wait to see the game in motion!

The more i look to the pics and read the more dissapointed i am getting,

The crowd still crap, the info we are getting, we could think of before, the only good thing arround this release sofar is the new blog, great job,

I heard the same stories before about ai, and stuff, i am getting pretty cynical, and i hate that.

My view of this IGN-info:
I think people make a mistake saying the graphics are not too good. The problem is that screenshots are without motion. Just imagine players running with kits that flow and cease. That would be great to watch! Then it suddenly looks much better than screenshots!
Apart from that, I am over the moon with the addition of the new team-vision AI. Reading what that means convince me that this part is real next-gen. It is the part of gameplay that makes the ( already big ) gap in gameplay between FIFA and PES even bigger.
I can understand that players who only play other humans don't rate this feature too high, but playing the CPU ( Master League! ) will make this a superb gaming experience.
I always enjoyed myself tweaking the strategy and tactics and it looks like this feature is exactly my thing :)
Apart from that, the editor is fully implemented, something the 360 players were waiting for.
In short: I am very happy with this :)

definately! hopefully the international challenge will be back also.

man i think the clothes movement is definatley in like 2k7(which is amazing).. i am too a little dissapointed in the graphics, but i could give a shit about graphics, i want the gameplay and masterleague changed... so is the version released in japan going to be better?

what are the odds that famitsu dish the dirt on WE11 very soon...

Seeing this game in motion is going to be so imporant, We really need a video.
Just wondering is the universal title going to be Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.
No more WE in asia, PES in europe

Last edited:

go thomas, go thomas! :D

thanks for this thread.

Looks great. Can't wait for more info... i.e the 18gig megabomb :D

We all want better gameplay, but be honest , this is that unbelieveble graphic that u expected ?

Look at the purple ball they are playing with in every screenshot on the pitch. What manufacture is it?
What kind of a football is that? I've never seen a ball like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom