WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread

Love the idea of the AI adapting to counter your play... If done well this will be fantastic... now come on Konami do the right thing and put in full leagues, cups and a Master league!!

Have to agree on the graphic side no great shakes!!!

Last edited:

maybe the new dragao (porto) stadium.
do you think pes 2008 is the lasting name of the game , or have they not decided yet , because of the working title?

man those graphics are not very good lol looks nowhere near as good as fifa 07 very disapointed

We all want better gameplay, but be honest , this is that unbelieveble graphic that u expected ?

You need a panadol. You set your expectations WAY TOO HIGH you dissapointed yourself. Get your facts straight, this is a console, not heaven.

I have checked now some unoficial Czechoslovakian sites of PS3, and I ve been talking with our comunity on Mirc. Every one who saw this
pics is pissed off. Reactions are simply like this : What ? are they kidding ? is this next gen , cant be ! This is some PES6 from Xbox because that site doesnt have real pics of PS3. I am not buying this crap. And when I told em about 2 leagues Brazilian and Portugal :-))). Yeah we cant wait to play with Porto allegre. Our dream came true.

Look at the purple ball they are playing with in every screenshot on the pitch. What manufacture is it?
What kind of a football is that? I've never seen a ball like that before.

Get closer to your screen and you'll see whats written on the ball. ;)

And when I told em about 2 leagues Brazilian and Portugal :-))). Yeah we cant wait to play with Porto allegre. Our dream came true.

Aren't they the Brazilian and Portugese National teams, not the leagues?

You need a panadol. You set your expectations WAY TOO HIGH you dissapointed yourself. Get your facts straight, this is a console, not heaven.

Maybe u need to wake up. You ve set your expectations on slightly better graphics then that shitty version of Xbox360 had ? Happy customer u must be even if they bring u meat thats 2 years old and green u say I didnt expected to be that good :-)))

the game ain't due for another 3/4 months people seriously need to calm down regarding the graphics, plus we haven't seen the game in motion yet!

^ The thing is Tobi a lot of people expected it to look amazing I think. Its their worst nightmare that its turned out to be nothing more than a tweak of PES6 360... :) I did predict this a long time ago though. Ill have to try a demo of this before I buy it and if the PC version really is next gen then I might get it for PC (Modding Possibilites :))

No Miro, you are extreemly negative. It isn't that bad. I think it's great. Just wait for a video and than judge the graphics.
Why don't we hear you about the new AI, the extended free kicks the fully implemented editmode, also for the Xbox 360, etc.?

i'm not too bothered about the graphics, once i'm actually playing the game I dont usually have time to examine the grass or kits ect. the graphical aspect is purely functional to me, i'm sure i'll enjoy playing this more than playing fifa 08.

The graphics look so identical to the PES6 on Xbox360 that I've been playing since last year.

The shorts model still don't even have any physics/movement of the fabric, they are always in the same position and rigid...the player is sitting on the ground but the shorts are always perfectly rigid around the legs...

Just hope the animation saves the day.

Cheers.

it's a fake ball with the names like on the fake adboard in the winning, so maybe a ball edit ?

I am pretty sure these are not the final graphics. I remember everyone harping on about how shit the graphics were on PS2 PES6 when the first screen came out and then when it was released everyone was happy.

It will be the same this time. Mark my words.

for some people the glas is always half empty, for others half full,normaly i am the half empty type,but for the pesseries i make an exeption,this is howe i hoped the game would look like,now i want to play it.
i hope ea release there crapgame in september so konami are forced to release there pes soon after .

still early days

remember guys that these pics are in Standard DEF, even the larger ones. This game will be running in HD maybe even 1080p if we are lucky. graphics may not look as sharp as people were expecting but give Konami the benefit of the doubt until we see some 1280x720 pics or some video.

with regards to the ball and boots etc, still early days. they just better get rid of REEBOK sponsorship

I think we should all just wait for a Demo and then make up our minds.

graphics are a big disappiontment. hell I am used to play NBA2K7 and thats what I call next gen. the screens so far look like pes6 in full hd.

I really would like to get some solid information about real stuff, quite frankly I like playing against other people so the improved AI isn't really a big thing for me, I just don't have fun beating the AI.

So I hope in the next infos we'll get some news about free throws corner kicks and penalties that have always been garbage. For me fixing the AI would be no more super cancel, smarter defender no more fake interceptions etc.

Hope for the best but someone in the PR department should have suggested we expected better screeshots than those.

Last edited:

Guys, have you ever seen any game where the graphics have been improved significantly? Look at whatever shooter or racing game (these are the games where graphic power is demonstrated) when the first trailers come out (gameplay footage) and look at the final version. Never a difference. I think that within those few months left they might work on the translation of some stats, typing errors and so on. But I don´t think that they are still working heavily on the graphics.

man those have to be xbox360 graphics looks no better than last years version.

thought ps3 version useing a diff engine ?
it's better for me, just wait to see it in motion ;)
players model look great

I think Miro is being extremely negative.

Everything that matters now is how it looks in motion.

I have read in a translated magazine article that PES will feature A new "Foot Plant" feature, which means that there won't be any more sliding feet on the grass. That alone I am very anxious to see in action. PES animations have been getting better and better, but because of the feet constantly sliding around (because of unbalanced speed of movement for players in regards to their animation speeds) it looked alot less impressive than it could.

As for the Ball in the pics, it's probably just a placeholder or a no-name novelty ball (as the silver ball with gold circles in the PES6 promo pics).

Overall, with improved AI, Foot Plant system, 16-way movements (also rumoured), more control over movements in general, set-play routine (or atleast more choises for setplays) This is shaping up to be the biggest advancement in PES since... I don't know, since they introduced Supercancel?

TG, to be honest mate I think it will be the same on both if you think realistically :) I think ill get the PS3 version (due to the great PS Controller) if the PC version doesnt turn out to be Next Gen.

It's ironic how the forefront of this entire announcement was based on the anticipation of truly next-gen visuals; an asset that we've always wanted ever since the series but yet again denied for unknown reasons.

And the fact that Konami allege this game has been in development for atleast 18 months is nothing short of embarrassing as it evidently mirrors the Pro Evo 6.

A great disappointment to say the least.

But on a brighter note; the improved A.I. is a welcome and I look forward to that. Maybe the next version, or the one after that will have better graphics. But don't hold your breath.

Actually if you look at the screen from last year Xbox360 version the final product was even worse.....

Well well well a week of disappointment.....first the next ea rugby looks the same, now the news pes look the same. I am forced to keep playing 2k7 nba.

Everything that matters now is how it looks in motion.

I have read in a translated magazine article that PES will feature A new "Foot Plant" feature, which means that there won't be any more sliding feet on the grass. That alone I am very anxious to see in action. PES animations have been getting better and better, but because of the feet constantly sliding around (because of unbalanced speed of movement for players in regards to their animation speeds) it looked alot less impressive than it could.

As for the Ball in the pics, it's probably just a placeholder or a no-name novelty ball (as the silver ball with gold circles in the PES6 promo pics).

Overall, with improved AI, Foot Plant system, 16-way movements (also rumoured), more control over movements in general, set-play routine (or atleast more choises for setplays) This is shaping up to be the biggest advancement in PES since... I don't know, since they introduced Supercancel?
Since PES3 when they changed the game engine and also the graphics :)

It's ironic how the forefront of this entire announcement was based on the anticipation of truly next-gen visuals; an asset that we've always wanted ever since the series but yet again denied for unknown reasons.

And the fact that Konami allege this game has been in development for atleast 18 months is nothing short of embarrassing as it evidently mirrors the Pro Evo 6.

A great disappointment to say the least.

But on a brighter note; the improved A.I. is a welcome and I look forward to that. Maybe the next version, or the one after that will have better graphics. But don't hold your breath.
Perhaps its 3rd outing on Next Gen consoles will be totally different? A LA PES3 on PS2 was totally different to PES2 graphically and engine wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom