WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my pes2008 pc copy to a friend, i think i will stick to fifa 08 for the next gen console this year. I also think that the comparative advantage of EA is so big (at least 2 years ahed in next gen and a lot of stuff that can be used from other games) that for the next couple of years fifa is gonna be the leading football game. And quite frankly konami or EA i don't really care, a good game is what i wanna buy. Not a buggy laggy scrappy update where u run on the wing with superman.

Having said that i am glad to see the different attitude of WENB about it, now they are supercritical. Still Adonis did not come here to apologize for all the fake overhype crap he told us about the game.

You aren't allowed to comment until you've played the game so please leave the thread. (Full version, not demo).

Everrrrrryyyyone knows that!

So, by neutral you mean someone that can't actually offer any thoughts on the game, and basically sits in the background making snide comments at anyone who "gets involved". Congratulations, you've completed the internet.

Oh god you're an internet cliche aren't you?

You even dared to mention that I had "completed the internet"

Combined with the fact that you are doing a spot of FORUM POLICE then I can only assume that I am talking to an evo-web cpu player of sorts, intent on trying to stir up controversy. However, I shall not be moved.

I am on to you. You nearly had me fooled until this little escapade. You're like a robot in drag trying to chat me up for a reasonable price. I'm not buying it.

Also I'm not sitting back making snide comments. I'm giving you lot a dose of realism which you, as a result of your own irrational line of thought, have somehow skewed into me promoting the game, oh well.

Last edited:
I will say something.... I played Sega World Wide Soccer 97 on a Sega Saturn yesterday and if you tweaked it ever so slightly and changed the graphics a bit you would indeed be playing something close to PES 2008.... what an earth have Konami done?

So if you take an old game and improve it a bit, it wont be as good as a brand new game. Cheers for that.

I don't know if it was because I was young and had some immense games with my brother but the first ISS on the N64 was all kinds of awesome.

WE2008 demo the PS Store Japan (+ 2 videos) and Xbox Live

Difficulty "Super Star" added

ME0000892513_2.jpg
ME0000892514_2.jpg
ME0000892515_2.jpg

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000062367/

Last edited:
I sold my pes2008 pc copy to a friend, i think i will stick to fifa 08 for the next gen console this year. I also think that the comparative advantage of EA is so big (at least 2 years ahed in next gen and a lot of stuff that can be used from other games) that for the next couple of years fifa is gonna be the leading football game. And quite frankly konami or EA i don't really care, a good game is what i wanna buy. Not a buggy laggy scrappy update where u run on the wing with superman.

Having said that i am glad to see the different attitude of WENB about it, now they are supercritical. Still Adonis did not come here to apologize for all the fake overhype crap he told us about the game.

Adonis does not owe you an apology or something. Please grow up dude...

And, honestly Charlie, your negativism is really funny. Now you guess the future? Now FIFA will be better next year because you think that?

Poor Konami, since you have made your guessings, they are lost :lmao: please, be serious.

I now have the PS3 version and to be honest, I don't see that huge gap in graphics between FIFA and PES... they are pretty even IMO, unless FIFA have had improved a lot from demo to final game (talking about graphics).

Also I want to mention that the PS3 version has A SLOWER PACE than PC version dude. That is a FACT (Tobi, sorry for the piracy with your word :lmao:). I slashed the PC version a lot in past pages. PS3 version is WAYYY BETTER, compared to PC (and no, I am not PS3 fanboy or whatever, the fans are still pixelated and the game have only 15 stadiums and a bit of slowdown which is UNTOLERABLE because the game must be well finished!!).

For me FIFA is still ahead PES, with all the flaws that PES have... and with all the recognized effort FIFA is putting on their games ...

PES 2008 dominates UK, Spanish and German sales charts
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22545

Despite reports of excessive slow-downs and other glitches, PES 2008 has stormed to the top of the UK, Spanish and German sales charts. Beyond the PS2 version, the PS3 version was the second best selling version in both Germany and Spain.

Latest European sales charts courtesy of GfK

Spain

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)

2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)

3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Xbox 360)

4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PC)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

7. FIFA 08 (PS2)

8. WWE Smackdown! Vs RAW 2007 (PS2)

9. Football Manager 2008 (PC)

10. More Brain Training (DS)

Germany

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)

2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)

3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PC)

4. The Witcher (PC)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

6. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)

7. Anno 1701 (PC)

8. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Xbox 360)

9. FIFA 08 (PS2)

10. More Brain Training (DS)

I hope with all its popularity and benefits, Konami will give us a true finished Next-Gen PES2009.
Thanks to all fanboys !!

I'm not saying that everybody is a fanboy but lot of people around here and around me are only judging the game because of its predecessors.

And I'm seeing that lot of people have money (even the students)...I'm an ingeneer and I still test the games before buying them...

I hope with all its popularity and benefits, Konami will give us a true finished Next-Gen PES2009.
Thanks to all fanboys !!

I'm not saying that everybody is a fanboy but lot of people around here and around me are only judging the game because of its predecessors.

And I'm seeing that lot of people have money (even the students)...I'm an ingeneer and I still test the games before buying them...

This this this.

Everyone take this standpoint now.

Also it's "engineer"

Badgerman,

there's a part of truth and I'm sorry. My friends bought PES2008 without trying it before...that's a fact !
Now they're not happy because of this feeling of "unfinished game".
Now it's buying a "trademark" and not a game...it's like those people who always drunk Coca Cola and say they don't like Pepsi because it's not the same taste.

I'm the first one who is disapointed and that's why I'm here to follow any news about PES...

Okey dokes.

There might have been something lost in translation but what you said earlier is pretty much what should happen.

If PES2009 is bad then yeah, people should be pissed. I don't know how many games Konami have released on the PS3 in total but this time next year they should have the foundations to really move on with it.

Sure,
on PS2 they have made 2 PES before making the real "revolution".
I hope it will be the same after PES6 360 and PES2008.
I know there's always an adaptative time to a new platform but you know I think that it's good for us because when you're always number one, you keep always your technics to win but when number 2 wins the championship, you change your vision and strategy for the next year...(Bayern Munchen? :)).

After 1 game, the WE2008 demo feels the same as PES2008. Replays have slowdowns, same as PES2008. The pace, the same. The only real difference is the 6th level of difficulty (Star Player :lmao:).

Sure,
on PS2 they have made 2 PES before making the real "revolution".
I hope it will be the same after PES6 360 and PES2008.
I know there's always an adaptative time to a new platform but you know I think that it's good for us because when you're always number one, you keep always your technics to win but when number 2 wins the championship, you change your vision and strategy for the next year...(Bayern Munchen? :)).

Well PES6 on the 360 was a port of the previous gen so they've still only got 1 next gen title under their belt

Also I didn't mind PES2 to be honest. All of the Pro Evo's have provided me with moments of love.

<3

If PES2009 is bad then yeah, people should be pissed.

Who the hell are you to dictate when and how people can react?

This is their second entry into next-gen, not first, with 18 months of development time there is NO excuse. Please, try and respond to that, it will amuse me. Please tell me why after 18 months of development time we should just take it on the chin and wait like lap dogs for the next shoddy instalment?

PES 2008 dominates UK, Spanish and German sales charts

Makes you wonder why europe always seems to get the bad of the of stick when it comes to console prices and stuff........Oh no wait, it makes perfect sense when a technically faulty product can top the sales charts across multiple consoles and countries.

@ Urbanspy, there is no point, the nonsense will only continue in another thread. Atleast this way you know where the nonsense is and its easily ignored :D

Seems to me perfectly reasonable and logical that if people find PES2008 to be a poor game, they criticise it.

Likewise, it would be perfectly logical if PES2009 were a fantastic game, these very same people would laud it.

It is ridiculous to suggest that anyone should not disparage a poor game on the basis that some of its predecessors were good.

It is equally ridiculous to suggest that anyone who praises PES2009 (if it is good) should be chastised for doing so on the basis that they had the audacity to condem the previous year's bad product. How dare we judge what is put before us!?!

I think judging each version of the game as one finds it is the correct way to act. If that means changing opinion over a mere 12 months from condemnation to acclaim, then that is fine.

Who the hell are you to dictate when and how people can react?

This is their second entry into next-gen, not first, with 18 months of development time there is NO excuse. Please, try and respond to that, it will amuse me. Please tell me why after 18 months of development time we should just take it on the chin and wait like lap dogs for the next shoddy instalment?

I'm working on the assumption that you are a gimmick because no one can be this obtuse.

Either way, you amuse me.

I made the statement

"If PES2009 is bad then yeah, people should be pissed."

You arguing against this is bizarre.

I'm saying if a game is bad then people are right not to like it. You are saying if a game is bad then it's up to people to make up their own minds about it.

A funny turn of events if you think about it.

Seems to me perfectly reasonable and logical that if people find PES2008 to be a poor game, they criticise it.

Likewise, it would be perfectly logical if PES2009 were a fantastic game, these very same people would laud it.

Exactly my point. He gets it, see?

This is their second entry into next-gen, not first

No it's not. If you're counting Pro Evo 6 then you count Pro Evo 1-5 as a result of backwards compatability.

Pro Evo 2008 is the first game designed for next-gen.

with 18 months of development time there is NO excuse. Please, try and respond to that, it will amuse me. Please tell me why after 18 months of development time we should just take it on the chin and wait like lap dogs for the next shoddy instalment?

First off find where Konami said 18 months. Note, I am not disputing this, I am merely questioning your facts. You are a bandwagon jumper and will latch onto any figure that you have heard no matter the source (here).

Second off, how many games are developed over a period greater than 18 months? A lot? really? wow.

Fact is that you are thinking in a VERY linear fashion. You do not take into account variables, which I should've said at the start as you really don't seem to have the capabilities to think on that level. The arguments that you've put forward qould be the equivalent of me equiping the army with silly string for weapons. In this little tiff you even managed to hinder your own cause so iunno, I guess I just like typing :]

edit: I figured out why it's because I have an irrational hate of people who place themselves high up on a pedastal and think that their britches are about 10 sizes bigger than they are

you are one of these >:[

beware, bad grammar means seriousness (which means ur realli serious lammo rack em)

edit 2: Oh yeah
I think judging each version of the game as one finds it is the correct way to act. If that means changing opinion over a mere 12 months from condemnation to acclaim, then that is fine.

Think bigger picture. You're in a box. Come outside and join me. We can enjoy the sunshine together :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom