WE/PES on PS3..news & pics sooner than we think!

A

Adonis

Hi!

Just letting everyone here know something that Ive recently read in the official PS2 mag earlier today.

Right at the end of a PES5 preview there was this little paragraph:

OPS2M said:
...tantalisingly, we can also confirm that work on PS3 Pro Evo is well underway in Tokyo. Even more rousingly, we're aiming to bring you the first shots next month...

Amazing news isnt it!

With news already coming out of Konami at the Xbox event last month that a 360 version is in development, its a surprise that we're gonna have pics so soon. Especially because at the same event Konami said it would take a year to develope.

Does that mean the PS3 version has been in development for longer? Are we gonna get Winning Eleven as a launch title for the PS3 in Japan?

Going back to the quote, I was thinking when Konami would make such a big announcement and showing of a big franchise. The answer is obviously at a gaming show/conference. For the mag to get pics in a months time the finger points to two events being held in the next 4-5weeks.

First off is the Liepzig Games Convention held in Germany on the 16th August for a few days. Possibility is high as Konami are supposedly showing off the PSP version.

The other show is ofcourse the biggie, Tokyo Games Show. Held on the 16th September for a few days, this is the next big thing compared to E3. Konami are already gonna be there in full force showing off the likes of Metal Gear Solid 4, so naturally I expect the surprise to come from here.

Bring it on! anyone else excited? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
great new i think the ps 3 version is gonna be so amazing gonna blow us all away the other vids ive seen are truely amazing of other games :)

Cant wait bring it on 8)

No official news yet. TGS started today, so if the news comes it should be soon.

I presume the Official mag got info that it would be recieving pics, so fingers crossed it is true.

It's True.

I work for a gaming site, and I know for a fact PES on PS3 has been in development for a little while (a few months). Konami were one of the first companies to get the PS3 Development kits which means they can and have started work on it.

I also know that the official Playstation 2 magazine are right at the top of Konami's public relations list - and recieve preview and review code, as well as official and early screenshots and news before everyone else.

russellclow said:
It's True.

I work for a gaming site, and I know for a fact PES on PS3 has been in development for a little while (a few months). Konami were one of the first companies to get the PS3 Development kits which means they can and have started work on it.

I also know that the official Playstation 2 magazine are right at the top of Konami's public relations list - and recieve preview and review code, as well as official and early screenshots and news before everyone else.

Cheers for confirming this mate.

I was pretty sure it had started too, even riot touched on the next-gen version when talking about his PES5 preview months ago.

I also work in the gaming industry, but unfotunately not in the area where I can get hold of this info.

Hope we have some news soon, cant wait to see what the next-gen WE/PES will look and play like.

well as I was writing Sony announced 102 titles are in development for the PS3 at the TGS.

Scrolling down the list I saw the list by a certain developer ;)

Konami

Gradius series, shooting
Unnamed soccer game, soccer
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball series, sports
Unnamed action game, action
Unnamed role playing game, RPG
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, tactical espionage action

Three guesses what the un-named title is :)

Is this the end of pro evo though, will it be named something different on the ps3/xbox 360 to mark a new generation, perhaps revolution instead of evoultion

Winning Eleven never changed its name, why should PES? Unless...there will only be 1 game to rule all regions! Winning Revolution Soccer!

got the magazine from ops2m which talked about havin screens in next months issue and i bought next months issue and is doesn't have screens from the ps3 :( but hopefully next month:)

I think they might change the name slightly, something new but I doubt they'd want to completely throw away the brand they established so well over the years (imagine Sony's new machine not having 'Playstation' in the title).

Maybe something imaginative like, ooooh say....

Winning Eleven 2006

;)

ClassicD said:
I think they might change the name slightly, something new but I doubt they'd want to completely throw away the brand they established so well over the years (imagine Sony's new machine not having 'Playstation' in the title).

Maybe something imaginative like, ooooh say....

Winning Eleven 2006

;)

that smells all to like EA for my liking Classic ;) but really couldnt care whats it called as long as its the Gillete of football , without mr B of coarse

Well if you're asking me I hope at least they change the ridiculous "soccer" part for the PS3 in the European title to "football". I don't know one person in this whole region that calls the game we love most like that. Well apart from a few lost American tourists. Wondering what Konami-dumbass came up with that brilliant idea?

I guess they called it soccer to keep it universal? Dont know, just a suggestion.

Regarding the future names, Im inclined to go along with what Classic said. Can see PES/WE on the PS3 called 'WE 07' etc

Just Pro Evo Revolution or something like that, as said above though i don't relly care what it is called as long as it plays brilliantly.

Bingham67 said:
great new i think the ps 3 version is gonna be so amazing gonna blow us all away the other vids ive seen are truely amazing of other games :)

Cant wait bring it on 8)

I feel it's opposite. First game on next gen console. No point getting our hopes up. Konami have said that WE10/PES6 will be a dual platform release.

So I guess it'll be a port of the PS2 version for now. Maybe with just updated graphics which are easier to do then changing gameplay.

The better version would be for WE11/PES7 which I feel would be a pure next gen paltform release.

Cheers

jiwa said:
I feel it's opposite. First game on next gen console. No point getting our hopes up. Konami have said that WE10/PES6 will be a dual platform release.

So I guess it'll be a port of the PS2 version for now. Maybe with just updated graphics which are easier to do then changing gameplay.

The better version would be for WE11/PES7 which I feel would be a pure next gen paltform release.

Cheers

Yep being saying this for a while remember Pro evolution soccer on the PS2 terrible just the PS1 release with better graphics WE11 will be the real deal but i hope they have competition by then as they are getting far too lazy.

I remember reading somewhere that PES5 will be optimised for HD graphics. ie 720p (i think its a p) on the 360. Not next gen graphics, the same game but just shinier. You know how some current xbox games have that in them (fifa street, true crime etc). You can see them if you xbox is soft modded.

If only I didn't have the memory of a goldfish I would remember where I seen it.

Back
Top Bottom