WE10/PES6 for PS2......Official

that would be stupid,

i wont buy it, i would rather wait for the ps3 edition then spending my money on a old system game, its better saving money for the next generation game.

Note: This is not confirmed, just an editor from soccergaming predictions :roll:

Massacre_1907 said:
that would be stupid,

i wont buy it, i would rather wait for the ps3 edition then spending my money on a old system game, its better saving money for the next generation game.

Note: This is not confirmed, just an editor from soccergaming predictions :roll:

The PS2 is an old system game but it exists and WE8LE runs very well on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a load of bollocks lol. Why the hell would they make such a big game especially for ps2 when. PS3 will have been out for a few months lol. Do you not think they've go people working on we10/pes6 for the new next gen consoles already ffs. Honestly some people are so gullible :lmao:

But those were different games. The PS2 had Pro Evolution Soccer while the PSX had International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution.
2 completely different games.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
er no mate they made PES1 for both
Yep.

konami-pro-evolution-soccer-ps1.jpg

This will probably mean the first PS3 game will be build on the same code than previous versions, only with better graphics. Shite.

WE10 and PES6 shouldn't be anywhere near WE9/PES. They've been working on the next gen game for about a year already and they've got another year to go. The ps3 version will be very differnet, it has to be!!!

mattster12 said:
WE10 and PES6 shouldn't be anywhere near WE9/PES. They've been working on the next gen game for about a year already and they've got another year to go. The ps3 version will be very differnet, it has to be!!!

Yeah but whos to say it is WE10 they are working on now.

my guess is we10 will be a graphical enhancement then WE11 will be the big boy

Would be very stupid if its for PS2 only, because it would be the 3rd game in a row with minimal graphical updates....meaning it will get boring at a quicker rate.

August 2006:

Sony PS2 = close to 100,000,000 units worldwide.
Sony PS3 = 1,000,000? or not even?

It only makes sense to put it out for PS2.

They sell at least 2,000,000 PS2 versions around the world each year. Why would they suddenly release WE and make it accessible to a small percentage of the consumer base?

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Yeah but whos to say it is WE10 they are working on now.

my guess is we10 will be a graphical enhancement then WE11 will be the big boy

Read this ;)

Konami producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka says he's "pretty sure" that Pro Evolution Soccer 5 will be on PS2 Online, speaking in an interview that appeared on Konami's official website this week.

The series producer also shed some light on the state of the PlayStation Portable version of Winning Eleven/Pro Evo, the team's expectations with regard to next-generation platforms, and the decision to include online play in the Xbox version, which is due out in Europe at the end of November.

Going online on PS2 would be "quite possible," Seabass says, however there were some things that put the developer off. "In the PS2 service, we have to create our own game servers and that kind of thing so that's why we had to pass on this one. However, we already have PES running in the studio on PS2 Online," he added. "So we're waiting for Sony to construct a better infrastructure for PlayStation and also the users be hooked up on broadband. I'm pretty sure we're going to have [online] in PES5 for the PS2."
Advertisement

Thinking even further ahead, Seabass described the current climate as "the end of the lifecycle for PlayStation 2," which has limited the team's planning to PES5. Beyond that though, "PES6, we're thinking of next-gen platforms so we're just constructing ideas about that." Seabass reckons that moving to next-gen will open the doors to including much more motion capture and AI data.

That's all theoretical for now though, as it seems are the team's plans for PlayStation Portable. When we saw Winning Eleven on Sony's games list in Japan, we were definitely excited. But it turns out there's not much to talk about yet. "We've no concrete specs for the PSP version that we could announce at this time," we're told. "We're not holding back the announcement, it's just that we're in the concept development stage to utilise what's best for the PSP handheld game."

Seabass did admit to some of his ideas for the PSP though, talking about the impact that LAN play could have, although 22 player games will probably have to wait for now, as "the team doesn't believe we can do this on PSP before doing it on a console," even if it's technically possible. There are other options though. "One of the points that I was thinking was, since it's portable, it doesn't have to be the action that's going on. You can take it wherever you like, and configure your Master League teams and that kind of thing. Then, when you go back to your house again, you can play the game. That was kind of the initial idea I had."

So they've been working on WE10/PES6 for a while, like I said, cos this interview was done before PES4 was released :D

So if it was just gonna be a graphical update they wouldn't have started working on it about 2 years before release

Last edited:
um...i'm not sure about this...but here's my prediction (just don't flame me if i'm wrong) but since PS3 is out in JPN first in spring (feb-may) and in Europe and N/A in fall (Sept-Nov)? even though that's what ppl said in HK, not too sure...

but if that is true, then it would make sense if PES6 will be in PS2 since PS3 is either just out or not even out yet...(for got PES official date), as for WE10, i think that it will be for PS3 as it will be out for some time already (but they may have both versions PS2 AND PS3...that would be nice...)

Well, I´m quite sure that they have been working on WE10 for some months now. Just think about GTA Vice City. When it came out they were already working on San Andreas.

Let's be honest guys, all of us who have bought a PS3 by then are all going to buy the PS3 version of WE10/PES6, no matter what.

This is what i have been saying for months now the real game on PS3 will be WE11
Just like Pro evo was just better graphics on PS2 than PS1 ppl always forget about the past when it comes to computer games just like no matter how good games will seem at first, the first games out on PS3 etc will be shit like first gen games on new systems always are because they dont have the proper hardware or software to use.

PES on the PSone are the same at ISS Pro Evo but with small updates like new teams and menu screens. SO technically PES did exist on the PSone but IMO, they dont count as PES games cuz they're same as ISS.

These are covers of the originals.
j250isspebox.JPG

ipe24bm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom