*WE8 Goals/Magic Moments Thread *

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
Since we dont have one of these i thought we could. If we already do have one, please lock this and direct me to it as i couldnt find it, ill start us off with this brilliant goal i scored with Vieira aginst England on my brand new game WE8 :mrgreen: , sorry about the shaking camera.

http://www.plump.se/Menus/

Once again, thanks to freddie.

Last edited:
great goal, but unfortunately it looks very very shoddy in my opinion, i was hoping they would have reworked that animation. just an efortless shoddy swing, and the ball doesnt even go where his foot is aiming.

and flies right into top corner after he puts hardly any effort into it.

i see this is still in we8, but iv also seen good vids that convince me that there are good shots with the inside of the foot also.

but great goal nonetheless!

nice goal, but i have to agree with mr_wenger, also i dislike the save attempt of teh goalie, which makes the goal look aweful in some way...like someone said in another topic, golaies try to save the ball mainly with two hands and that sucks most of the time...

looks as if the keeper was on level 2 or something. the player movement definitely looks smoother from the 3rd angle (vieria coming towards u?!?!)good goal though, same shit outside of foot animation

It's a very good goal from distance...for WE7. I wish they didn't have that animation in. It always occurs when you're running in the direction with someone's weak foot. Really shoddy.

what an ugly goal Sulph. you should be ashamed.
;)

didn't like the shooting animation either, and overall the shot looks a little floaty.

Ike said:
what an ugly goal Sulph. you should be ashamed.
;)

didn't like the shooting animation either, and overall the shot looks a little floaty.

I fucking hope not!!!

That was one of the biggest things that pissed me off about the last game was the 'baloon' ball...
Ball looks heavier in this game, but people have been saying its hard to shoot... :x :x :x

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't mind the shot :l

oh btw, nice goal...

Haha, great goal except erm, it looks shit!

Awful shooting animation, awful keeper animation, and I love the way the ball bounces out like its hit a brick wall.

I can't wait to get this game because at the moment it seems like a pile of shit to me, dodgy kit editing, horrific slowdowns, bad keeper and shot animations.

What a let down :(

Jees!! That really does look atrocious. :(

Terrible goalkeeping, terrible animations, and the most unrealistic shot!!!

I'm glum.

fourtet said:
I can't wait to get this game because at the moment it seems like a pile of shit to me, dodgy kit editing, horrific slowdowns, bad keeper and shot animations.
yeah, i was eagerly awaiting those features too.

:D

Jesus People!!! Its a standard outside of the boot shot. It doesn't look unrealistic at all. Thats exactly how it should look. get over it.

Nothing wrong with the shot for me, I've seen people chip it like that, quit over-analyzing it (if you think it hit the net like a brick wall then go play Fifa it looks like that b/c Old Trafford has a tight net), but the keeper could have been better. This little stuff doesn't stop the game from being absolutely fantastic, and all this whining w/o having played the game is annoying.

damo said:
Jesus People!!! Its a standard outside of the boot shot. It doesn't look unrealistic at all. Thats exactly how it should look. get over it.

If you think thats a stadard outside of the foot shot, then you've never played football in your life. He slices across it with his 'laces' and the ball chips towards the centre of the goal, and the keeper dives with his hands basicallly by his sides. If the keeper just reaches his arms out, he catches that shot, never mind saves it.

I still want this game more than any other, ever, and i'm sure it will be great, and no doubt the best so far. But that doesn't stop that clip looking atrocious.

And in the context of your statemen, the 'get over it' makes no sense.

You guys are funny. if you want realism this year then pick up fifa 2005 it'll have all the licenesed teams you want

Alberto Tomba said:
You guys are funny. if you want realism this year then pick up fifa 2005 it'll have all the licenesed teams you want

Realistic gameplay mate... :roll:

That vieira shot looked fucking terrible...

Man, I hope it's DAMN difficult to score from that distance otherwise it's way unreal. That's one of the main reasons I don't play the fifa games, because of how easy it is to score goals from super far out. The fact that you say that happened on level five is discouraging :(

I cant believe that some of you havent even played the game yet but are nonetheless judging it based on one video you dont like the look of. I think its fair to say there will be some annoying aspects in the game (slowdown, some dodgy looking shots etc - there always is) but im sure that the number of improvements to the gameplay overall will far outweigh these niggles.

Keep the Vids coming by the way Sulph - would love to see a few well worked goals.

Marmite said:
I cant believe that some of you havent even played the game yet but are nonetheless judging it based on one video you dont like the look of. I think its fair to say there will be some annoying aspects in the game (slowdown, some dodgy looking shots etc - there always is) but im sure that the number of improvements to the gameplay overall will far outweigh these niggles.

Keep the Vids coming by the way Sulph - would love to see a few well worked goals.
When i score a good goal, this is where youll see it.

If this was a single incident, then easy enough to deal with it. I thought it looked nice. If we start shootin bombs like this every other game...then Houston we've got a problem.

Thanks for sharing Sulph.

You lot just pick up on a small negative and make it such a big deal.

Liven up, please.

Shooting, goalkeeping and net physics - small details? Mate they are fundamental aspects of the game, I couldn't give a shit about a new flip-flap move or a new penalty animation. How about fixing the shooting and goalkeeping to a standard thats even half acceptable because at the moment 90% of goals look bad not because they are bad but because the keepers are so bad.

Back
Top Bottom