*WE8 Goals/Magic Moments Thread *

fourtet said:
How about fixing the shooting and goalkeeping to a standard thats even half acceptable because at the moment 90% of goals look bad not because they are bad but because the keepers are so bad.

So are you going to return the game when you get it? Why are you still wanting to see more of the game, when you don't think it's any good, even before you have played it. Keepers do suck a lot of the time, but you're overcooking it too much (I had the same concerns too). Shooting animations are not that bad either, esp. when you see how smooth the game fits together. We all want a perfect game, but if your going to say something is not even half acceptable, then show us something that is.

I'm simply wondering why they are spending all this time faffing about with new tricks etc. when they should be worrying about honing and improving important things like goalkeeping/shooting.

To improve those profit margins, thats why :)

Nyquil Ninja said:
Keepers do suck a lot of the time, but you're overcooking it too much (I had the same concerns too). Shooting animations are not that bad either, esp. when you see how smooth the game fits together. We all want a perfect game, but if your going to say something is not even half acceptable, then show us something that is.

Yeah, it's gonna be one of those things that makes me think "BULLSHIT!!!" when it happens in the game, but plenty of stuff did that in PES3 (constant handballs, defenders who are shitty matching Ronaldo for speed), but I still play it all the damn time regardless of these flaws. From what I've seen and heard of WE8 it should be a better overall game with less annoying shit than PES3, but when you see stuff that wasn't broke, like the difficulty of scoring from near the halfway line, being "fixed" it is depressing and I don't blame people for being disapointed about it.

On the positive side though, maybe it's really hard to score those kinds of goals and they only go in once in like 50 attempts or if the keeper is REALLY off his line. Time will tell.

i think you guys must try to focus more on everything that improved, without playing it and feeling you cant judge,
ofcourse the gk could be better and the outside foot shots could be better, i think the big picture is that this game is one of the best out of the whole series, wait play it 3 / 4 days and judge
more fun that way

Yeh great, and keep them coming. I scored a scorcher with Ginakopolous of Greece today but I didnt save it because i pressed the start button to quickly. damn.

dannyboy22 said:
Here's a goal i've scored. 4* European Cup. It doesn't look that good close up with this angle but the run is great by Henry, but it's the only view I've caught on my crappy cam thats decent quality. I nutmeg the last defender too :D

http://www.danny18.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/henryrungoal3.mpg

Good gaol, just noticed henry has his socks pulled up high, cool!

Also just noticed that the players get muddy. COol aditions

your henry goal is freakin' superb...everything from the run, the cut inside, the mud, the splashes of water and the finish...brilliant! Anyone who finds anything wrong with this goal must be seriously ill. And will you stop bitchin' about the keepers and the shots? Play some freakin' defence and just stop nagging. This is the greatest football franshise of all time...one of the greatest games of all time. It's so close to perfect that you can forgive all its niggles. And what's wrong with the shooting? Bothered by the 0.001% bad looking shots? I happen to play this game every day of every week, and i am amazed how each goal is different from the next one...thank your lucky stars about the improvements you get each game, and that Konami isn't EA (extra textures are called a patch, not a game)..

Here is a new Goal by me, the first one in WE8 that I am actually proud off!

Go to: http://www.plump.se/Menus and download the goal "Powerful Header - Dario Silva".

Please tell me what you think about it.

@ Sulph: I will add some of your goals soon, thanks for sending them :)

What? Whos e mail do i send it to? I have vids but want to make them viewable to everyone.

Send it to yourself, then it gives you a link to download the file.. which you can post and everyone can download

No problemo. "WE8 Moments" :mrgreen:

"magic... moments.... when ..... da-da-da-da-da-da... ahem"!

I'll grab it now

Frig me!

Thought Drogba's goal was good!

Then Makelele's tackle was cool. Has the bug gone where in WE7 if your opponent rounded the keeper the last defender back would freeze for a sec?

Lampards goal.... sublime! The replay views proper show it off :)

Scholes' movement in his goal was very realistic

Back
Top Bottom