WE8LE Master League Thread

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
We have one for PES4 so why not the lastest version?

I have just finished my first season with Marseille, using the 'real' setup of Ligue 1. I won the league from Lyon by 2 points, scoring the most goals and conceded the least. The team I used was:

-----------Barthez------------
--Mellberg---Meite---Beye-----
----------/\----E.Costa-------
------Pedretti(c)-------------
Fiorese---\/----------Olembe--
/ \/---------Cheyrou------\/ \
-----Barry--------------------
------/---------Luyindula-----

(All defense arrows set to medium)

Mellberg was my only window signing. I also rotated an awful lot. Bamogo was also used on the LMF/RMF/CF role, Nasri in the LMF/OMF spot, and Yahiaoui in the OMF position. Christanval, Ecker and Dehu were often used in the defense too. Interestingly, E.Costa and Pedretti NEVER had even a small fatigue bar, there were ever present througout the season.

Luyindula finished top league scorer with around 22 goals (I think), Rachmane Barry weighing in with 12 while Marlet and Bamogo got about 6 each. Pedretti scored only once, but it was a 7th minute free-kick in the home game against Lyon which finished 1-0, essentially the game which gave me the title. Toulouse eliminated me from the Cup and ended up winning it.

During pre-season I have done some wheeling and dealing, but aim to make sure development of young talent like Nasri and Yahiaoui are given their fair share of game time (Nasri is only 17 and already has 88 for technique as well as low 80's for dribbling).

IN:
Titov
Ismailov
Rothen
van den Borre)

OUT:
Koke
Christanval
Hemdani
Ferreira
Battles
K. Nakata
and one of the N'Diaye chaps, the older one!

Had to beef up a bit for the forthcoming CL tourney, especially on the wings which is why Ismailov and Rothen were brought in. I'm enjoying it so far but I am disappointed that my Ligue 1 will now feature Dortmund and Stuttgart next season, as I had to fill up the division 2 slots and both of them got promoted :(.

Well ClassicD I put teams like de Grafschap and Den Bosch in my Div 2 when playing with Ligue 1 lets say becaus those teams will most likely not get promoted over likes of Ajaccio, Bastia and co but even then to make sure they don't I ususally put a mid-table french team in Div 2 for first season as well to make sure they take up at least 1 place of the promoted teams and then other one can go to one of the other 5 or 6 French teams.

I guess you got rid of Sylvain N'diaye who'se a versatile player but very average. Can operate DMF,CMF or even as emergency SB.

Nasri.. well what can I say man??? ahahaha there are millions of good promising players in the world but he's surely one to get you attention. He broke onto scene this season and I can tell you at 17 he's better than any other 17 year old I've seen in my OWN life but i'm sure Maradonna was probably better than him at 17. By the way I believe he was 16 and beginning of season when he broke in first team so he's probably still in early 17.

In the game though you know his postiion was wrong. In we8LE, he came as a CF but I had to change him to OMF main positoin and SMF and WF as 2nd and 3rd but he can't play Cf.

Also change Rachmane Barry's foot to left because he's left-footed.

That's all I have time to say for now but hope I helped :)

Also I rather keep my ML realistic and I wouldn't have bought Jerome Rothen seeing as how he JUST moved to PSG, Marseille's long time arch-rivals last season and hasn't even played much due to injury. I just don't think Marseille could buy him for next season from PSG so i wouldn't have done it.

But Izmailov is a wonderful talent in real life and i'm assuming in game but he's quite often injured. He should have B or even C as injury tolerance..

Finally, Laurent Batlles is a great player. I'd like to know how much you've played him?? Has he played many games for you this season. He's 29 and in his peak right now but soon will be going down so you might want to. He's kinda like Zidane though.. not that good but got good shot... passing.. creativioty hey he even looks like him :D He's a quality player.

Take care

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips on Nasri and Barry's foot change.

I signed Rothen because he had played one season for a PSG team that were struggling badly, they didn't even make the CL for next season. IMO, that's enough to make a talent like Rothen move clubs and also when you consider he left Monaco to join PSG in real life, he has a history of strange transfers (Monaco were far stronger than PSG when he moved, tho PSG are historically probably a 'bigger' club). I do keep my ML realistic. but there has to be an element of imagination in this competition, and I guess mine stretched to 'Rothen unhappy at underachieving club and has no reservations about moving to a rival team'. I guess it will also be fun to have him travel back to Parc de Princes and fire in the winner :).

Battles didn't make a single appearance, not even from the bench. E.Costa and Pedretti dominated those positions all season, and I preferred to give Nasri and Yahiaoui the OMF/SMF spots when needed.

Don't worry about tips mate. I like to use my knowledge if it can help others.

Alright if you say so about Rothen but for me that's a bit No no lol... it's like player moving from Arsenal to Man utd or vice versa it happens but not often.
Though Fabrice Fiorese did come in from PSG but he was a useless bastard and a waste of wages to footballers and came as panicky buy for Marseille cuz they had sold off players and fans were unhappy just to get some temporary happiness back but real Marseille fans were even unhappier when Fiorese signed for Marseille because he's a very average player and doesn't deserve to be at top club but club bought him to like fool fans and it was a panic buy and now he hasn't played like he shouldn't since first 2 months of season.

Batlles is a good player man and he has some flair.. can make something happen out of nothing but problem is Marseille got good depth so he might not get many games but he's still a good weapon to have as backup or to sometimes fill in for someone when injured or tired.

Nasri I just hope has been given a development curve like he deserves :) but don't tell me about it I don't like to know because it spoils game for me :D

If i were to start game with MArseille.. I would have created Taiwo the new Babayaro who'se a DL before starting ML but anyways too late now for you :)

Aight man.. take care for now and as for Rothen moving from Monaco. YEs I found that odd but it's still not the same. Monaco is a small club with 9000 average attendance and will never be huge no matter what success they achieve so they will ship out players to other top European clubs or the likes of PSG and Marseille because these are 2 traditional giants.

So I wasn't THAT surprised when Monaco who went to CL final sold JR to PSG who was and still is very crappy team :D plus Monaco vs. PSG rivalry aint the same but anyways if it was a one-time thing it can be said something like "he was unahppy and club wanted to get rid of him as he spent whole season injured and not performing when returning from injury ;) I'm sure we can use our imagination somehow to make this one happy but from now on better think twice. :D

Take care bro , I will start ML soon when I'm done with editing data as there are plenty wrong with it right now but when I do post I might still go post my WE8LE ML stories in PES4 one because all friends are there and its way popular and ML is essentially the same and even some who are still playing WE8 ML post their stories there so why not :)

P.s. There are many heights wrong in the game which bothers me but I think in Marseille the only wrong one I've noticed so far is Steve Marlet.

He's defintely not 178cm. Some sites say he's 6''1 but I know he's AT LEAST 180cm so change it to that.

Also Bamogo is a very good player. If i played as Marseille i'd probably play Bamogo and Luyindula up front though it might not work great as both are short and pacey. Bamogo is very good already and still young but his positions should only be CF and WF. He's not really SMF or OMF.
take care bro.

Last edited:
I know Bamogo can't play as a SMF by default, but I used him there on occassion anyway as he has good pace and attacking skills. Those positions I knew I was weak in so that's why I focused on them when signing players. It's not always wise to follow the set positions, for example Pirlo may be a lovely passer of the ball but to play him as the DMF can leave you exposed as he's not good defensively.

That's right, Olembe moved to PSG (+cash) as part of the Rothen deal, it was a trade which perhaps softens the 'controvesy' aspect of it. Also bear in mind IRL Dehu moved from PSG to Marseille just last year so it's not as if it simply doesn't happen ;).

yup it does happen sometimes and the fact that Olembe moved as a trade plus some money makes it all less controversial and more realistic :)

I thought BAmogo might have SMF position in game by the way... hopefully he doesnt.

The master league structure continues to be terrible, but this time I decided to give it a go. In previous versions I liked to take some minor team to glory, but this time I went a different way. I'm playing with Inter now, and I'm going to make a revolution in the squad and take them to glory once again. Of course, that loses all the fun when some team from other country enters my league. So, I decided to mix all leagues.
I'm playing like this:

----------------------------- Toldo (GK) ------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------ Cordoba (CB) -- Materazzi (CB) ---------------------
--- Zanetti (RB) ----------------------------------- Mihailovic LB) ---
--------------------------------------A--------------------------------
--------------------------------------!--------------------------------
----------------------------- Cambiasso (DMF) -------------------------
----------- Veron (CMF) -----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------- Davids (CMF) ----
---------------------------------- Recoba (OMF) -----------------------
-----------------------------------------|-----------------------------
-----------------------------------------V-----------------------------
--------------------- Martins (CF) ------------------------------------
------------------------------------------ Adriano (CF) ---------------

Well, nothing revolutionary here. Strange thing is: I'm playing with only one ofensive arrow and one defensive arrow. And I'm playing with B on all options (counter-attack, back line, etc etc) Usually I end up giving 2 arrows to all players, make the to crazy runs, mixing everything. I'm enjoying a lot playing like this.
The transfer window opens now, and I'm going to try and swap some players:
Ze Maria - Miguel (Benfica)
Stankovic - Vicente or Joaquin
C. Zaneti - M. Fernandes (Benfica)
Emre - Vicente or Joaquin
Karagounis - Van der Vaart
Vieri - Torres or Gilardino
Cruz - Torres or Gilardino
Gamarra or Burdisso - Terry

I am trying ot buy young players, then I am going to play with 2 wingers, but with no DMF just a CMF and a OMF,I will try a kind of dinamic midfield.

My star thus far has benn Cambiasso. Nothing gets past him, excellent passing, builds up great, and shoot decently. It reminds me (but much slower) Davids of PES1. This game reminds me of PES1 in terms of carisma of the players, of how they are more like their real counterparts. Don't really know how to explain it, but that magic feeling from PES1 is back.

This time round in the ML, I've tried to put as many teams from different countries as possible in the 4 leagues:
1)Calcio-Liga 2) British Premierleague-Ligue 1
3) Bundesliga-Eredivise 4)Estern League(Dinamo, Galatasaray, Bruges..)

I'm currently playing with the Giallorossi, AS ROMA.2nd season 5*
-7th
-still in CL (semi-finals)
-goal scorer Cassano 11

here is my starting line-up

----------------Pelizzoli-----------------
--------Ferrari---Mexes---Cufre-----------
------------Perrota----De Rossi-----------
--Mancini-------------------------Chivu---
------------------Totti-------------------
-----------Cassano-----Montella-----------

squad:

GK
Pelizzoli
Lupatelli

DF
Mexes
Ferrari
Panucci
Chivu
Wome
Scruto
Ferrari
Pepe
Candela

MF
De Rossi
Perrotta
Tommasi
Lima
Dacourt
Nakata
D'Agostino
Aquilani
Mancini
Asuncao

CF
Totti
Cassano
Montella
John(the one from Fulham)
Cavenaghi

Tagets:

GK
Antonioli

DF
Cafu
Ferronetti
Samuel

MF
C.Zanetti

CF
Carew

Last edited:
Lol Chivu playing LM. He's a great player and actually capable of that but in the game he should only be DC, DL. not SMF which he is.

Also you want to get Antonioli ex-Roma keeper who's like 34/35 back now??

Just give Curci a chance or even Zotti if you ain't happy with Pelizzioli

indeed, I mostly use Chivu as a SMF, the best positiion for this player in the game so far. But yeah, still we all know he's initially a central defender.

Antonioli is about 34, but he's got skills at least, I've chosen him becoz my policy when I play the ML is to build a team only with players who have previously or are currently playing for the club, that's the way I work.. lol I'm lusting him so I have 3 quality keepers.

Pelizzoli is my "number 1"I like what he does, he's young, good, and I'm a keep him since he keeps progressing.

Corvia has got skills as well, as a young prospect he can progress well, I've been using him occasionally last season, but in my opinion he's not strong enough physically (poor body balance),but he's still in the squad this season.
So that's why I've bought John(in place of Curci, exchange), 19 year old dutch striker from Fulham who his a complete striker, and strong !

btw, boy.. Real Madrid are damn gud...! they play so fast with short passes and can score at any time. But I know how to deal with them so.

Well as Newcastle aren't in my ML Kluivert was on a free, so I brought him in at the end of pre-season. I had to pay a lot of cash to get him to join, and so far it looks like money wasted.

After about 6 games this season I am in 8th place, it's ridiculous how much harder it has been than the beginning of last season. I have had 3 absolutely shocking penalties awarded against me in my last 4 matches, really, really terrible decisions. So far the only players who have settled in are Rothen and van den Borre, the others are not playing well at all and PLF - Ismailov picked up a bloody injury!

My own option file, no stats edited just player names translated. I used Fernando as a base patch then added other graphics myself, that way I can pick and choose what goes in rather than have a lot of stuff I'd rather not have which would be the case if I put say, Gangsta Ole patch on.

ClassicD said:
My own option file, no stats edited just player names translated. I used Fernando as a base patch then added other graphics myself, that way I can pick and choose what goes in rather than have a lot of stuff I'd rather not have which would be the case if I put say, Gangsta Ole patch on.

Cool mate ... thats the sort of thing I thought you would've done ;-)

Thanks for the Reply .. appreciate it.

Yay! An ML thread for LE :mryellow: Nice one, Classic :).

I have started an ML, I am Liverpool. I do "Premiership", "La Liga", "Serie A" and "Best/Rest of Europe" as my four leagues. I am in the "Premiership", (obviously ;)). Just coming up to the halfway transfer window in my first season.

I'm doing OK so far, 3rd in Premiership. Having only lost 1 game, that was my latest match, I went down 4-0 to leaders Arsenal at Highbury :(. That was a very dirty match, with 3 players in total being injured; Morientes for me, and Fabregas and Campbell for Arsenal.

I havn't had the best time with injuries, had a few little niggly ones - Baros was out for 3 weeks, Morientes out earlier in season for 2 weeks, Cisse out for 3 weeks and currently Luis Garcia has a serious injury and is out for another 6 weeks.

I need to find some new players in the transfer window coming up, especially a Goalkeeper, that is my main priority, Dudek and Kirkland just aren't up to the job.

My aim for this season is to get into Europe, so finising in the top 6 will do me fine :).

I have started an ML, I am Liverpool. I do "Premiership", "La Liga", "Serie A" and "Best/Rest of Europe" as my four leagues. I am in the "Premiership", (obviously ). Just coming up to the halfway transfer window in my first season.

This is exactly how I play, But I use Arsenal :)..... Finished 3rd my first season with just 2 losses and like 9 draws is what really killed me.... Away games seem to be really really hard...... I dont plan on buying big because Taylor is developing into a great goalkeeper although the only player Im trying to get in is Kompany who is great and amazingly only 18 yrs of age.......

Fabregas is developing at a tremendous rate and I think by the 3rd season he will be better then Vieria and Gilberto......

Man City bought Pele which really sucks because they will OWN now....... Konami really need to fix this option to turn on and off in Master League...... I dont really care if the players regenerate at 17 with the same names BUT their stats remain the freakin same with is just awful and really unrealistic.......

Lol Man city bought Pele.. hahaha yeah i wish there was an option to turn it off for ML but since I never like to play with classic teams + Players even in exhibitions anyways... I don't ever unlock them and that's your only solution.

Looking forward to hearing more Tim and ClassicD ;)

Tim7 said:
I havn't had the best time with injuries, had a few little niggly ones - Baros was out for 3 weeks, Morientes out earlier in season for 2 weeks, Cisse out for 3 weeks and currently Luis Garcia has a serious injury and is out for another 6 weeks.

Could it be any more realistic than that? :big grin:

yeah one good thing Konami have done in WE8LE is give way more players B injury than they had.

In PES4/WE8 there was nowhere near as much injuries in a ML season as there should be. I remember playing and I had 1 or 2 injuries in a WHOLE season, how unrealistic is that?? Almost every player gets injured in a season at least once even if it is for a couple matches but some get injured two or 3 times a season like Robben this time around.

So with chaning many's Injury Tolerance from A to B the game is no way more realistic and you might go through patches in ML where you have several players injured and lets say they're all from same position as well which would make it EXTRA fun :D and several people away on int'l duty while others are in bad form arrows or unfit. :) oh man that'd be great and way more realistic than having a shitload of players to choose from for each match.

by the way for those who are concerned more about realism than just WINNING, I recommend what I did to PES4 ML thread as well and most agreed. Do NOT regulate condition before matches. It makes game easier than it should be. Once you regulate condition, no player will have grey or blue arrows meaning everyone is at least in NORMAL conditoin (green) but in real life we all know that sometimes players are out of form/tired and a blue or grey arrow would be realistic and it'd be up to you to play a blue arrowed Cisse or a RED Sinama-Pongolle :D

Take care

PLF said:
Do NOT regulate condition before matches. It makes game easier than it should be. Once you regulate condition, no player will have grey or blue arrows meaning everyone is at least in NORMAL conditoin (green) but in real life we all know that sometimes players are out of form/tired
That's a very good idea PLF and from now on I WON'T be regulating condition. I also think it unfair that if you do regulate condition that your players are shit hot, whilst the CPU could have grey / blue arrows! Hopefully I'll be playing some more ML later tonight.

PLF said:
Looking forward to hearing more Tim
And here it comes....

Not had the best night of it tonight :(:

Drew 0-0 at home to Middlesborough :(
Lost 2-0 away to Southampton :shock:
Drew 2-2 at Man Utd in first leg FA Cup Semi Final - including this goal from Luis Garcia
Lost 2-1 at home to Fulham - robbed in the last 3 minutes!
Won 2-0 at home to Blackburn :)

Although the poor lack of form I remain 3rd in the Premiership being the "best of the rest" as Arsenal and Man U have both run away with a 14 point gap between myself and 2nd placed Man U. Arsenal are top from Man U by 3 points and are also unbeaten this season; winning 19 and drawing 2.

Arsenal...59
Man Utd...56
Liverpool...42
Chelsea...38
Newcastle...35

I'm no way going to get automatic Champions League qualification, but should definately finish in the top 6. However this means I will have a lot of games next season; almost 2 every week. With this in mind, I am looking to buy a few players at the end of the season. I have already brought in the goalkeeper Mondragon from Galatasary, who is doing well and currently is 1st choice GK. Need more midfielders and at least one more defender. I have the money as I have sold 3 or 4 players in the half-season transfer window, so it's just about getting the right people :).

9 games left in the season and I am 3rd in the league and in the semi final of the cup - well on target for this season.

Last edited:
Well I've went PES Utd.

I just started out with the ML team, I'm 3rd, think around 4 points from the top and in the semi's of D2 cup.

Thankfully managed to buy a few players to help with the charge. Pashazedeh (my captain), Alex Santos, Kawaguchi, Nakazawa and Karimi.

Hoping my final squad looks like this (some maybe strikers who I class as midfield) :-

GK's:- Nikopolidis, Kawaguchi

DEF:- Pashazedeh, McGrew (edited player), Raebi, Perea, Yepes, Nakazawa, more to come

MID:- Michael, Schopp, Mahdavikia, Fonseca, Zuma, Dos Santos, Armando (edited player), Blanco, Alex Santos, Thoephile

FOR:- Carew, Maciel, Roberto (edited player), Cuevas

FD

Ah FD, still trying to buy up the old favourites I see, what about old jolly giant Morales up front? :mrgreen:

I'm sitting 3 points behind Monaco with 8 games left to play in Ligue 1, but any from the top 5 could still win it.

Seem to be building up quite a rivalry with Lyon, last season I beat them 4-0 away and 1-0 at home, this season I also got them in my CL group so we've played 4 times. In the league they beat me 3-0 at their place, then I was 2-0 up on them in the CL (again at their place), but they came back to win 3-2 (bloody unfathomable goal in injury time). I absolutely pumped them 5-0 in the return CL game to consign them to 3rd spot in the group then when they came back to my place for the final league game beat them 3-0, they're now 8th position and totally out of the title race. :mrgreen:

Got Arsenal in the last 8 of the CL, beat them 3-1 home and away, and have Inter lined up in the semi-finals. I guess I would be the neutral's choice as the other semi is AC Milan vs Juventus. Kluivert is on fire in the CL for me this season, but tbh the competition has made me take my eye off the ball a bit in the league.

Nasri = fecking hell, this guy is only 18 in my game and is such a technically gifted player. van den Borre's stats as we near the end of the second season mean he can practically play anywhere on the park.

My strongest starting line-up is probably:

---------------Mellberg--------------Rothen---------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------Yobo-------------Pedretti(c)--------------------Luyindula
Arphexad--------------------------------------------------------------
-------------van den Borre-------------Titov-------------Kluivert-----
----------------------------------------------Nasri-------------------
---------------Beye---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Who is this Nasri kid?

CD - Morales, nah I do like him, although previously I liked another couple of players Cipot (defender) and Zigic (striker), however they don't seem to be in the game anymore. :( However, I'm opting for big Carew, he's also very quick and actually was one of my first favourites away back.

FD

PLF said:
by the way for those who are concerned more about realism than just WINNING, I recommend what I did to PES4 ML thread as well and most agreed. Do NOT regulate condition before matches. It makes game easier than it should be. Once you regulate condition, no player will have grey or blue arrows meaning everyone is at least in NORMAL conditoin (green) but in real life we all know that sometimes players are out of form/tired and a blue or grey arrow would be realistic and it'd be up to you to play a blue arrowed Cisse or a RED Sinama-Pongolle :D

Take care

I would agree with you 100% if the "condition" factor wasn't implemented in a crappy random way, it's so annoying when you have a forward score a hattrick then next game he's depressed, utter bollocks and that destroys any chance of realism :(

Nasri is a Marseille player, stats aren't great at the start or in friendlies, etc but he has 92 technique for me now and it's not even the end of my second season, plus he's only 18 so I'd imagine he'll get better still.

I never condition my players anyway, not because it makes it tougher but because I can't be arsed, I just want to play the games.

Yep, have never done this in my puff. Pity Hadji isn't around, in the last games he was there but not now. I was assuming this was the younger one who recently played in the Africa Nations and played for some french team. Also the ponytail dude from Ecuador, forget his name and Hernandez from Mexico.

FD

Back
Top Bottom