WE8LE online experience

jhatakihk

Lotte Marines, Nippon#1!!
26 May 2005
Chiba
I am wonding if anyone from this forum is playing the game online?

if yes, do you know if there is a way to see where your opponent comes from?

anywya, hope to play you guys online soon.

my id is : hata_sd

hata is there a way for us to play from Canada? I'd be interested in knowing how especially since you're in Montreal and said you experience almost no lag. If you help me we could possibly play each other and end up with me beating u ;)

take care lol

I think everyone from anywhere can play the game online if he has a Japanese PS2 and the original copy of the game.

And a credit card of course...

Is it possible to play online over such things as KAI etc?

[nextday edit]

I take it thats a no then? lol

[/nextday edit]

Last edited:
stop ur damn spamming jabb3r, yeah but we don't all have japenese ps2's so we can't do that. Credit card??? what for? - surly its free, there is no need for servers maintenance so why the monthly charge if there is one>

Spamming? sorry I just thought it was a legitamate question, and how can it be spamming if 1 I edited first and 2 by doin that realised it didn't send the post to up so I added a bump just to see if anyones missed it and they know, I've pld GT4 online with KAI so was just wandering if it was possible.

pardon me.

jhatakihk said:
I am wonding if anyone from this forum is playing the game online?

if yes, do you know if there is a way to see where your opponent comes from?

anywya, hope to play you guys online soon.

my id is : hata_sd

You cant see where the players from . Just ask :lol:

All noobs cant play the game online :lmao:

Well it's not only newbs that can't play it. You also need a Japanase PS2 which is not something many would have in Europe and around world so I don't think we're Newbs. IT's just been made in a way that is very difficult for us to play online and to me it's not just worth it. I'll wait but i won't get Japanese PS2 and 100 other things just to play some game that might even have lag.

I'm only 18.. plenty of chance in future years... better systems will come out whree I c an enjoy a nice LAG-free Online game without any disadvantages with anybody around the world. I'm not that desparete for ONline right now anyways but would still liked to have tried it of course if it was possible

PLF said:
Well it's not only newbs that can't play it. You also need a Japanase PS2 which is not something many would have in Europe and around world so I don't think we're Newbs. IT's just been made in a way that is very difficult for us to play online and to me it's not just worth it. I'll wait but i won't get Japanese PS2 and 100 other things just to play some game that might even have lag.

I'm only 18.. plenty of chance in future years... better systems will come out whree I c an enjoy a nice LAG-free Online game without any disadvantages with anybody around the world. I'm not that desparete for ONline right now anyways but would still liked to have tried it of course if it was possible

100% correct !

Dosent make fun with lagging :roll:

So has anyone heard if it's any better than the PC/XBox versions of PES4 were last Christmas, or does it still lag as badly?

So basically no one can answer the question...I'll purchase WE8LE if I can play online from the U.S. Right now, I just have basic WE8 and have to settle on spanking the computer. Swap Magic is cheap and should work...but I'd really like to hear if someone has played it online from the U.S.

have you got a jap ps2, and a credit card? Cos if you ain't got these and the original game it won't work anyway. But I'd get it anyway cos it's the best game ever!

I've got a credit card, I'm in the process of getting the original game and I have swap magic, which should overcome the problem of not having a Jap system from what I've heard.

mattster12 said:
no it won't. Ypu need a jap ps2 100%.

Are you serious??!!! That sucks....thats the only reason I bought swap magic....Guess I'll be waiting another 10 months to play online in the US.
AHHHHHHH. I want to play a person. I'm tired of spanking the computer.

sorry iriedog but it's true 100%

raection666 - as long as you have the original disk in it should be ok cos it won't be using the chip then, but I'm not 100% on this.

If you want to play multiplayer so bad get some real friends.

What a stupid comment!!

It's not a question of how many friends you have is it smartarse. I've loads of mates but only one of them plays PES/WE all my other mates aren't into video games or they play gay fifa.

hi all, back from a busy week...^^;;;

anyway, i believe here are all what you need to play online:
1) original japanese vers. ps2
2) original copy of WE8LE
3) a Feega acct.

regarding whether you can play online with a US vers. ps2 by using swap magic or mod chip, i dont believe you will be able to pass the DNAS process before connecting to the WE servers. (pls correct me, if i'm wrong)

but, for switchable modchip, i am not sure. ^^;;;

and to all who concern about lagging in the game. personally, i think the lagging problem is quite unnoticable.

i've played about 10 games online the past 2 weeks. (wanted to play much, but couldnt due to a busy schedule: presentation, business trips....etc >_<_

anyway, here are my thoughts:

4 games as host: no lags at all
6 games not being host: 1st game, i could notice the lag, probably about 1sec delay in response. but 2nd and 3rd (immediately after 1st game), playing against the same guy, the situation became much enjoyable. I didnt notice any lag...(could it be me getting used to how to play with lags or the lag just simply went away, i couldnt know...=P)

anyway, overall, i think the experience is quite challenging and enjoyable =)

PS: while i was playing we8 online, i was BTing huge file to my pc. considering that, i am looking to the next online version of we

Thanks for the info Jhatakhk. Can't say it's stuff we didn't know but it's useful nonetheless.

And Fourtet that was indeed a very gay comment. Not everybody lives in UK okay?? Half my friends don't like soccer. The other half that do don't play it in videogames. The other ones that do.. have never ever heard of PES/WE games and play stupid fifa.

Either way your comment is useless and won't help anybody, great way to make a 1st impression though.

very true, plf.

besides the real kits, sponsors and licenses for most european clubs, FIFA is simply nothing comparing to WE

jhatakihk said:
and to all who concern about lagging in the game. personally, i think the lagging problem is quite unnoticable.

i've played about 10 games online the past 2 weeks. (wanted to play much, but couldnt due to a busy schedule: presentation, business trips....etc >_<_

anyway, here are my thoughts:

4 games as host: no lags at all
6 games not being host: 1st game, i could notice the lag, probably about 1sec delay in response. but 2nd and 3rd (immediately after 1st game), playing against the same guy, the situation became much enjoyable. I didnt notice any lag...(could it be me getting used to how to play with lags or the lag just simply went away, i couldnt know...=P)

anyway, overall, i think the experience is quite challenging and enjoyable =)

PS: while i was playing we8 online, i was BTing huge file to my pc. considering that, i am looking to the next online version of we

I envy you for playing online....just can't really justify buying a Jap PS2...I'll just hone my skills and wait.

Off the subject sorry...but do you guys use the R2 side-step move much. I'd love to be able to do this accurately and consistently. Pires is always doing this to me when I play Arsenal or France and also draws it back...it looks absolutely sick. Do any of you have this skill down....What is everyone's best move? Actually I'll make a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom