WE9 - Additions Since PES4 / WE8LE

stopwhispering

Non-League
18 July 2002
Ipswich
I've had WE9 for a good few days or so now but I find that everytime I log on to Evo web I read about something new that I had't noticed or found yet.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have one thread listing all the additions since WE8LE (& PES4 for those that didn't have Liveware) in order that we can all enjoy the game to the max!

I'll go first........

In master league when you choose the create a team option you can now pick as many "real" players as you want, & are no longer restricted to just three.

Stop.

when u edit a player and start ML you heve him edited --> works with stats

nothing to do with gameplay, but...

>no more R1(?) camera shifting during stadium preview, before start of a game. it's automated, with a better opening sequence for more 'important' games. damn, i don't remember seeing any flares.

>trainer/coach, walking out of view during substitutions on certain angles.

>you can finally see a mug shot of a prospective transfer/trade target.

edit growth type in master league
new balls
snow pitch
tucked out shirt
new r2 drag back
body challenge
new gk moves(still no 1 handed saves)
can score from near post
body shield improvement
change in 2player freekick buttons
edited stats stay in master league
created player available in master league
new roles(Support striker, wing back)
r2 shot(using inside/outside of foot to shoot, makes shot curl more)
nippon challenge
recieving ball holding r1 will push the ball further ahead
goalkeeper foul players more easily
less powerful lob shots
replay camera is higher
heading with circle
auto side step(without pressing r2)
new tackling animation
throw in no longer stray
no more super save from GK for freekicks
long throw by goalkeeper
short pass in freekick have gauge
shot power guage fill up faster
new penalty and freekick styles
new dribble styles
player fatigue bar doesnt replenish much in between halftimes or matches
new fight animation
new referee animations
new clubs from south america
new boots
licensed jersey :arseal,chelsea
able to personalize option file
new memorial match(not sure what it is)

Last edited:
wht abt player animations and graphics?is there ne diff btwn we8 and 9?

how does tht auto sidestep thing every1 is talking abt differ frm tht of we8?,if u use the d-pad does it still happen?

dharshthash said:
how does tht auto sidestep thing every1 is talking abt differ frm tht of we8?,if u use the d-pad does it still happen?

it differs, bcuz you don't have to press R2 anymore.

with the d-pad just press 90 degrees from the direction your player is dribbling, just when the ball is away from him.

Last edited:
dharshthash

cant say i notice it mate. it just does it depending on your dribble. but it doesnt effect anything honesty, in fact its better than the last version.

yeah you can now mix and match the two kits home and away.

personally i like going inter with hometop,white shorts and black socks. looks ace

wht abt player rating after a match,i heard its diff frm tht of we8.hey thanks antred for the info,coz im really hoping to buy it tmrw,but just wanna know whts the diff btwn this and we8,since i didnt play we8 le.cheers

the ratings are more accurate. now if a player does something good he gets about 7-9 rating and a little description of how he played in the game. theres also a star for man of the match

there is also fair play and better injuries.

now players can just pull up with an injury with that the cpu will kick the ball out, and there will be either a drop ball or you or the computer will kick the ball back to the opposition. Be warned you get booed to death if you dont give it back :)

SPMC can you tell me where i get a translation patch and how i can activate him? please?

Back
Top Bottom