WE9 - can't boot the game!

Daisuk

Yiddo
22 October 2002
Oslo
Tottenham Hotspur
So I received WE9 the other day, tried to boot it up with Swap Magic 2, as I usually do with imported games (worked well with WE8LE), but the game won't boot! It won't get past the "insert disk"-screen. Does anyone here use Swap Magic 2 to boot their WE9 on a PAL-system? Could it maybe be that my lazer has become too old? Or should I upgrade to Swap Magic 3.6? It's quite frustrating not being able to play a game you actually have in your hands, especially while reading all the nifty things you lot have to say about it. :/

this may sound stupid but do you need the slide card or can you jus use the 2 discs adn what is the slide card for????? i'm new to this

Daisuk said:
So I received WE9 the other day, tried to boot it up with Swap Magic 2, as I usually do with imported games (worked well with WE8LE), but the game won't boot! It won't get past the "insert disk"-screen. Does anyone here use Swap Magic 2 to boot their WE9 on a PAL-system? Could it maybe be that my lazer has become too old? Or should I upgrade to Swap Magic 3.6? It's quite frustrating not being able to play a game you actually have in your hands, especially while reading all the nifty things you lot have to say about it. :/

What colour border appears after you insert the WE9 disk?

Im using version 2.0 swap magic dvd...works fine bro havent had any problems :) dunno wats up with ur stuff!

Natbuc said:
What colour border appears after you insert the WE9 disk?

Pink. And the disc is clean and fresh, so shouldn't be a problem. The Swap Magic disc is totally crap though, full of dirt and scratches, but it does boot other games perfectly well. And yes, I'm using the DVD boot disc. Any ideas?

having same problems got the game over the weekend and patched it (Fernando v4) but will not boot, keep getting the pink aswell. boot disk is fine with WE8 LWE will be trying diff media today and see how that goes.

Damo

hey i have 2 ps2 one with chip and another one with the slide tool 2, i have the same problem, with we9 it's ok with the original but with a dvd-r no, i think it's from the speed when u burn i prove 1x 2x 4x 8x 16x verbatim, emtec, lutec, no one go.

Daisuk said:
Pink. And the disc is clean and fresh, so shouldn't be a problem. The Swap Magic disc is totally crap though, full of dirt and scratches, but it does boot other games perfectly well. And yes, I'm using the DVD boot disc. Any ideas?

Well I would rule out your actual swap magic disk. As long as it loads to the point where it asks for the WE9 disk it should be ok (Because at this point you don't need the swap magic disk any more as it has stopped spinning). Try rotating you PS2 so that it is leant on its different faces (Horizontal, vertical, upside down etc.). It may just be a worn out laser cog...

Edit:

I don't know if you know this:

A blue border means the game will load fine.
A pink/red border means the swap magic can't read the disk.
A green border means that it can read the disk but may have problems loading it.

It just seems your PS2 can't read the WE 9 disk at all, else it would at least get a green border. Maybe try cleaning the laser as well?

Last edited:
i received we9 the other day and tried playing it with swap magic 3.6 and its says its not a valid ps2 game! i emailed the guy i bought it off and he said it might be a faulty disc. so im waiting 2 receive another 1. when i boot up swap magic 3.6, it doesnt say ''insert disc'' why?

Sorry if this is offtopic but it invovles patching the game up and no one ever goes on the Tech forum...... here goes

Well where the hell do i start off.... I bought an external DVD drive that reads and burns any format dvdrw +- etc...... just about all of them.... Well here is my problem... EVERY single time i put a clean empty DVD-R and use a program like dvd decrypter my computer crashes or stops working.... THis however DOES NOT happen when i use DVD+R or DVD+RW discs....... and my ps2 wont play dvd+r's and struggles to read DVD+RW's.... however i have a dvd-r that i burned on a different comp and it plays with no problems....

I allready tried downloading updates to my external dvd drive and i also downloaded a shit load of codecs......I dont know what else to do I wanna play a good patched WE game damm it.......

bummy_jab said:
Sorry if this is offtopic but it invovles patching the game up and no one ever goes on the Tech forum...... here goes

Well where the hell do i start off.... I bought an external DVD drive that reads and burns any format dvdrw +- etc...... just about all of them.... Well here is my problem... EVERY single time i put a clean empty DVD-R and use a program like dvd decrypter my computer crashes or stops working.... THis however DOES NOT happen when i use DVD+R or DVD+RW discs....... and my ps2 wont play dvd+r's and struggles to read DVD+RW's.... however i have a dvd-r that i burned on a different comp and it plays with no problems....

I allready tried downloading updates to my external dvd drive and i also downloaded a shit load of codecs......I dont know what else to do I wanna play a good patched WE game damm it.......

Well, as long as you have the original (to keep things legal here), why not have a friend burn and send it to you? Surely there are tons of players here from your country (wherever you might be).

I got mine working by making an image of it and burning a copy of it. It read the copy fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom