WE9 Class - Dribbling Past Defenders 101

ronaldoisagod

Championship League
10 August 2003
CALIFORNIA, USA
Here are my methods to dribble around.

-R2 to cut to the side (although sometimes this occurs without the R2), then push the ball past the defender...boring

-If near the box...tap R2 to face goal, perform a shot fake, and that usually frees up space.

-Stepover while standing still, which looks cool, but doesn't really do anything. It does draw fouls though.

-Elastico

-If defender is sprinting with you...stopping on a dime with R2. That'll get you a few inches.

That's all I can do so far. And I could perform all of these in WE8. So hopefully there are some new moves that i'm not aware of. Someone enlighten me.

BTW, EVERYONE NOTICE THE NEW RUNNING STYLE WHILE DRIBBLING. IT'S AMAZING. YOU KINDA' SKIP AND TOE-TAP THE BALL FORWARD, LIKE IN REAL-LIFE. VERY NICE ADDITION.

ronaldoisagod said:
BTW, EVERYONE NOTICE THE NEW RUNNING STYLE WHILE DRIBBLING. IT'S AMAZING. YOU KINDA' SKIP AND TOE-TAP THE BALL FORWARD, LIKE IN REAL-LIFE. VERY NICE ADDITION.
I didnt see anything like that.

I have a question. How do you perform that feint that was seen in a video some days ago? It was an Arsenal goal, I think, from just outside the box, the player got the ball, faced the defender, and just faked a move with the whole body (mainly the torso), to one side, not touching the ball, then went the other way, puzzling the defender. It was just like what some players do, without a touch, move the body one direction, then rectify and go the other.

I know there was a way in WE8 to do this, but never got used to it and didn't find it useful, now it seems it is more necessary.

Another Q: can every player bend it with R2 to get a wonderful effect, or is it just some (Del Piero, Beckham...)? If so, do you have to press square while running with R2, or press R2 after the shoot bar has started filling (as with the short lob with R1)?

I just cant get past a defender at all without passing, its like whenver I seem to be getting past him he somehow gets the ball, but I dont care because it emans I have to pass more.

Plus I think this is more realistic, in WE8 all I did was wait for the player to come to me then do the R2 turn and blaze up the wing, that was too easy.

i love this game.

With certain players i use all differnt kinds of tactics, i am a big fan of dribbling.

Sometimes i use the 360o spin, which you can see here, done with the right timing and perfection, you really can orgasm...

http://www.directcontact.org.uk/videos/we9/VeronMAGIC.avi

then sometimes, with the likes of gerrard keane i just try to power my way through by running with R1 and i can gain a lot of space up the pitch ready for a strike.

then you have the little tricksters like Deco. I was on FIRE with him. shot feints, cross feints, stepovers using all the little things i knew, i was tkaing the piss out of some defenders.

I love we9.

with players like ronaldo you can use r1+r2 and really burst trough a defense when u have some speed. just try it and dont think in we8(le) terms of gameplay where defenders would always catch up on such a thing.

Its good that im hearing the dribbling is as hard as in PES1. that for me was like real footie. only really classy dribblers can beat 2-3 players and that is perfect if its like that on WE9/PES5.

I hate using the side steps every time to dribble, there are a lot of situations you don't need to do sides steps at all, i think they did that just because people can play the game with the fucking PSP that doesn't have 4 shoulder buttons like the PS2 controller…

So Konami did the new dribbling system just because people go buy more PSPs and get more fucking money, they didn't remove the old system because IT WASNT REALISTIC AS PEOPLE THINK!

ronaldoisagod said:
Yah, it's there. Just jog up the pitch with the ball. Don't sprint. You'll be amazed :)
Ronaldoisagod i just wanna to ask u how to jog up the pitch.I mean i know it can be done but how?Its a nice move i think and others cant steal the ball easily

filthydani said:
I hate using the side steps every time to dribble, there are a lot of situations you don't need to do sides steps at all, i think they did that just because people can play the game with the fucking PSP that doesn't have 4 shoulder buttons like the PS2 controller…

So Konami did the new dribbling system just because people go buy more PSPs and get more fucking money, they didn't remove the old system because IT WASNT REALISTIC AS PEOPLE THINK!

Then dont play the game, fuck sake all I see you do is cry like a girl because konami did this or that, crying aint going to fix the problems you seem to have so get back to LE and save us all the hassle.

kingpug said:
Then dont play the game, fuck sake all I see you do is cry like a girl because konami did this or that, crying aint going to fix the problems you seem to have so get back to LE and save us all the hassle.

I will play the game, and i will complain aboit it... deal with it.. look for another forum if you dont like it..

filthydani said:
I will play the game, and i will complain aboit it... deal with it.. look for another forum if you dont like it..

:lol: \\:o/

No, you can look for another forum if you continue to make the very same statement in every thread about WE9. We really got your point by now.

Play the game when you do nothing but moan about it?..ok suit yourself, instead of telling me to look for another forum, tell yourself to look for another game you ACTUALLY like.

That word should be banned :p

To stay on topic, does anyone use the R1 dribble?..I totally forgot about it, I sometimes use it and I noticed it works well for me, without that I would never get past a defender really.

Ike said:
No, you can look for another forum if you continue to make the very same statement in every thread about WE9. We really got your point by now.

This is my opinion, if people don't like my opinion, that's their problem, not to mention they can easily ignore me....

What is wrong about moaning? don't I pay for this shit anyway? I have to the right to moan

I was planning to get the a Japanese console just to play this game online..

Ike, PLEASE read the title of this thread... What is it about? dribbling? i dont write the same shit in every thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you jog? Just use the joystick and aim. It just jogs. Don't sprint using R1.

The drag-back is amazing! I did it with Lampard, and then he immediately turned his body away from the defender to shield...which looked amazing, since it happened right after the drag-back.

YEH, HOW DO YOU DO THAT BODY FEINT, LIKE DUDE WAS ASKING. I REMEMBER I FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT, BUT SINCE IT WAS USELESS AGAINST THE CPU IN WE8, I KINDA' CHOSE TO FORGET IT. HOW ABOUT A REMINDER.

Does the player shield the ball automatically or you have to make him do it, if you have to make him do it, can you do that in WE8?

the body feint is the same as pes4, stop the ball and double tap left or right...

I'm having trouble diving in penalty kicks, anybody else as the same problem?

Sulph said:
I dont like auto matcially side stepping
I agree. It kinda sucks at time when you do it without wanting it to happen in a very important situation like a scoring opportunity.

filthydani said:

it would be good for all of us if YOU start looking for another forum *Coughs* fifa , it has your country and no side steppings that you bitch about in every FUCKIN THREAD. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom