we9 defenders in attacking corners

E

emanuel79

why defenders dont go to corners like they used too? or is it argentina team only? (only team i played so far and in real life they do)
is there any way to make them go?

thx

I've also noticed this... the defense tend to stay back in this game (if you have a 3-back, ALL of them stay back even on corners I think).

My guess on how to bring your defender up: try putting one of your defenders attacking arrow forward, or use the CB overlap tactic... I think one of those should work.

they didnt work the only time that defs go is when you are under in the score
there should be tactics for corners and free kicks >.<

I have always noticed this. With Manchester United, I always wanted both Silvestre and Ferdinand to come up for corners while the full backs stay back like in real life. This never happens, though.

i have found from we8 onwards that only one CB goes to the box for corner/free kicks providing he has either no attacking arrows or does have one. it will not happen if your CBs have <- set for attack. in reality, in any match you watch, both CBs will be inside the goalbox when attacking a corner

In the formation screen there should be an option known as set pieces, oh well.

Sulph said:
In the formation screen there should be an option known as set pieces, oh well.

What do you mean sulph?? Is this a wish or a statement. If it was a wish, yeah I agree with you. It's something I also wanted to see for a long time now. Would be great if I could say, so-and so always go up for freekicks and corners. I know the game sometimes does include this, but who and how many is not up to us. It should allow me to send all my CB's into the box, and I get caught out on a counter, it all my fault. But it would be my choice.

Thats the level of gameplay options we'd all like to see. Just like no of players in the wall. Sometimes i'd like 5 in the wall, sometimes 6, sometimes 3. Game decides for me, usually OK, but not always.

Cheers

Its a wish, there should be like a set piece area where you could move your players around to indicate wehre in the box you would liek them to stand, eg. a clinical finisher at the far post in case the ball evades everyone, or a tall lanky defender near post to smash one in with his head, stuff like that! Or, even simpler, you could just set which players stay back, in which go in the box, or stand directly outside it for the long shot, in case the ball rebounds, eg Lampard, Rooney.

emanuel79 said:
why defenders dont go to corners like they used too? or is it argentina team only? (only team i played so far and in real life they do)
is there any way to make them go?

thx

Hi,

I don't know if this has any relevance...
I was playing a league with Inter the other day, and I was winning 2-1 (can't remember who I was playing, think maybe Fiorentina).
In the 90th minute they got a corner, and the GK came up for it.
I just thought it was the ref until he took a 20yd shot! (he mis-hit it too!)
Haven't seen it happen since, so maybe it depends on the way the game is going?

When I play with Chelsea in WE9, John Terry seems to always be up for corners. But when he's not playing, neither CB comes up. Maybe it's player-specific? :S

Back
Top Bottom