WE9 *Fixed Player Mode* Discussion

PLF

Legend
2 August 2004
Hey I seem to remember Don Domenicho having a nice thread about same thing for WE8/PES4 and I want to repeat that here but for WE9 so all of us who occasionally play this can discuss our game and also if there's any new features about it in WE9.

So far I had a couple games and I couldn't see any difference or improvement in Fixed Player Mode. Still same thing, you press R2 to request for ball and if you're in good position, most times they pass ball to you.

But has anybody figured out new things about it, I don't think there is any but I'm hopeful as with a little bit of work by Konami, this mode could potentially be very fun and in ML it allows you to be kinda like one player ;) let's say Kevin Phillips or Malbranque or whoever and play as ONE player and see the other side of the world lol where you have to run for ball only keep it for a few secs without passing and most of the times be lookin for ball and not in posession. it's very fun but at same time needs patience ;)

take care and share you stories with us if you play fixed mode.

Unfrotunately, if a player gets transferred you can't play that guy anymore, isn't it? Wish they would change that...

Hmm, might be a bit annoying to actually only play that player because then the AI can also put you on the bench and you have to watch the whole match... On the other hand that encourages you to play better when you're brought in. Maybe a mode in which you can play a player and have your own fund and you actually earn money and there will be newspaper things like: Robinho rumours: Is Liverpool willing to pay the price? or... Red card Robinho forces coach to test new youngsters. Robinho starts at bench: Manager upset because of Liverpool-rumours.

That kinda stuff. Maybe something for WE10 on the PS3. :lol: Would be awesome...

Last edited:
This mode is the nuts! Me and my mates play it loads. Only problem is when the computer makes you stop running or keep on running even when you don't want to. Still as PLF said, should be a massive feature in future versions if they spruce it up a bit.

Yup Harregarre and Prestiseg, I agree this mode can become VERY huge and a fan favourite because if it's done right enough people will be patient enough to give it a chance but anyways Harregarre the thing you said about CPU not playing you, I don't get what you mean.

You're basically manager so let's say I start a ML with Aston Villa as Kevin Phillips and play in real Premiership. So I put myself in ususaly ;) and when I don't or I'm injured or being rested for that ONE match, I choose a youngster like Luke Moore. It's fun and makes you see game from a PLAYER perspective instead of team because sometimes you do nice work , pass and the striker misses so YOU dont get an assist not cause your work wasn't great but because HE missed. So it brings a real life element to it ;) or how sometimes they get selfish and dont pass or opposite they have open net but they pass.. it's a great mode :) just needs patience and you need to do stuff yourself to make it seem real.

It's at least a good alternative everyonece in a while to have a ONE player mode ML and a real ML where you control whole team.

At least that's how I feel.

I love the idea but sadly the AI of my team makes it as boring as watching paint dry, doesnt matter who I go or who I play, wether it is 6 stars or 1, my team always get battered by the CPU. Plus although I am only one player it doesnt seem that I have full control of him, sometime he moves without me pressing anything.

But I might try it again later, I might begin a ML with Chelsea and go John Terry :)

I used to do this with my cousin in the ML, and it worked superb, I used to bag alot of goals per game because he did all the hard work and I found alot of space, and it is easy to score, so the mode is amazing when playing with a mate or cousin etc.

Like Kingpug says, it's annoying when you still don't even have full control of the one and only player you're supposed to be controlling.

But whilst fixed mode can seem fun at first, I always found that the team just don't score without complete dependence upon me playing a central role to every goal. I generally play one of the midfield roles and I would have to score about 95% of the goals, and those few that I didn't, I'd be the assist. I must have played about 30 games in fixed mode and cannot recall a single goal where my team just went out and created and scored a goal through their own play.

I like the idea of fixed mode, it's quite nice to not have all the responsibility for every single moment of play. But after a while of sitting in midfield and stroking around beautiful pass after perfect through-ball and watching your guys botch everything up, you realise your team could play for 100 hours and not score, so you have to take responsiblity to make anything happen, which just makes it feel like a waste of time.

like I said in an another thread, since pes3, I play nothing but in fixed mode...

this is just the ultimate fun... if there was no fixed cursor mode, I'd never play to the we/pes games :applause:

most of the time, I play with my bro, in the same team... we've created players with our own name and apparence, even our own faces (in pes4 pc), then challenge the world's top players \\:o/

I played 2 games last night in WE9 and it was depressing really, my team is so bad you would have to see it to believe it, they get the ball and walk into the CPU, they dont even attempt to beat them, they never cross the ball in they just go down the middle and hope they find an opening, the only goal was a Joe Cole FK.

Suppose all I can do with this shit game is edit things, the CPU even gets cheated to death in fixed mode, the game itself is shocking.

Good to see there are a few others who give this mode a try everyonce in a while. I personally don't play it MUCH but sometimes do and it's not bad as long as you pick a player who's key to the team and in vital position like CM so you get as much time as possible instead of let's say being a striker which means for most of the time you have to make sure you're not off-side and then they barely give Chipped throughballs to you anyways.. even when you press R2 and make a forward run.. they usually pass to your FEET. So if they improved some areas like this where they would cross to you, pass or send throughballs in different times depending on what you're doing (Standing or making run towards box) game would be much more enjoyable but then again I haven't played it enough, maybe there's a way to get them to do that stuff.

Sorry, it's an incredible concept but they've paid it no attention. At the moment it's just not playable, I know people get a buzz out of it the first few times (I did myself), and I can see some people are forcing themselves to enjoy the 'realism' - but in it's current incarnation it's neither entertaining enough nor realistic enough.

It's disappointing but maybe it will be revisted properly in the next-gen sequels?

Yeah i put storys in the last thread about my fixed player world cups but am yet to play it on WE9

A few days ago, whilst getting fed up with the usual complete lack of ability of my players around me, watching as they couldn't string 2 passes together, poor ball control, stood watching the ball roll past them, unable to create a single chance. Meanwhile, the other team played brilliant football and scored 2 great goals

So, I decided to switch teams during the match to see if the pattern of play would continue. I was now a winger playing for the team that were 2-0 up and playing great. Immediately, they started to play complete crap, couldn't string 2 passes together, got all slow and hopeless, stood watching the ball, and the team that had been crap whilst I was playing with them suddenly started playing great, created chances and scored a goal.

Cheat, cheat, cheat...it's all this game is about now.

i play this quite alot (mostly on PES3) and i find that the most fun position is the keeper. its brill if ure playin against a good team eg norwich vs real madrid and its a rite laugh wen u cum for a cross and completely fluff it. its quite fun but needs to be improved.

winston said:
A few days ago, whilst getting fed up with the usual complete lack of ability of my players around me, watching as they couldn't string 2 passes together, poor ball control, stood watching the ball roll past them, unable to create a single chance. Meanwhile, the other team played brilliant football and scored 2 great goals

So, I decided to switch teams during the match to see if the pattern of play would continue. I was now a winger playing for the team that were 2-0 up and playing great. Immediately, they started to play complete crap, couldn't string 2 passes together, got all slow and hopeless, stood watching the ball, and the team that had been crap whilst I was playing with them suddenly started playing great, created chances and scored a goal.

Cheat, cheat, cheat...it's all this game is about now.
Lol maybe it's you man! :lol: :mrgreen:

Just kiddin Winston but it does seem weird lol...

Back
Top Bottom