WE9 - I Need Some Help

scozza

Non-League
19 June 2003
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Dear All,

just started playing WE9 in the last week and I must say I'm not getting a great deal of enjoyment out of it, I'm finding it so frustrating;

Key points -

I'm playing on Level 3 and 4 (I always used to play on level 6 on WE8LE).

The Computer seems to defend so deeply I can hardly create any chances.

Through ball (either on the ground or in the air) seems to be redundant now.

I'm playing 20 minute games and more than half of them are finishing 0-0.

Is PES5 any easier ??

Any advice would be welcome otherwise I'm going back to WE8LE.

scozza said:
Dear All,

just started playing WE9 in the last week and I must say I'm not getting a great deal of enjoyment out of it, I'm finding it so frustrating;

Key points -

I'm playing on Level 3 and 4 (I always used to play on level 6 on WE8LE).

The Computer seems to defend so deeply I can hardly create any chances.

Through ball (either on the ground or in the air) seems to be redundant now.

I'm playing 20 minute games and more than half of them are finishing 0-0.

Is PES5 any easier ??

Any advice would be welcome otherwise I'm going back to WE8LE.

This year's version is definitely harder. Goal scoring is not as prolific as WE8LE. One on one's with goalie are dramatically reduced. I score more off corners and free kicks, finishing with a header, than I do in normal play. I have gotten accustomed to the camera being pulled back. In fact, I think I like it more than WE8LE's camera. My biggest gripes are the erratic player movements and the no R2 sidestep. Often when I pass, the receiver will pull back, slow down, or stop completely, which results in a missed pass. In WE8lE, the receiver would charge forward ahead of the defender, resulting in an open scoring opportunity. Sometimes it was too easy. Now Konomi have gone on complete opposite side of spectrum, making scoring opportunities less frequent. Overall the game is not as fun.The problem is, if you play WE9 for awhile, and then go back to WE8LE, WE8LE is too easy. You also notice the flaws of WE8LE more. It sucks. I hope that Konami can combine aspects or WE9 and WE8LE for WE9LE.Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

P.S. For more info on WE9, check out the threads: WE9 - Post your complaints and dissapointments here and the First impressions thread. Also check out the WE9 Review listed at top of Winning Eleven topic. ;)

Back
Top Bottom