WE9(jap) and WE9I- I think thier is a difference

bummy_jab

League 2
9 August 2004
I havent played PES5 at all. SO this is only comparin the original WE9 to WE9I.

First off their is less calls from the ref. A LOT less!!!!!
Free kicks feel harder- I find myself having to hold Down on the directional for about a second to get it over the wall
There appears to be better animations of player runs and trapping the ball
The speed of the BALL feels sligltly slower especially on shots.

Ok so it might be another PES5 but compared to WE9 original it feels a lot better.

Of course there's a difference, there always is. :)

WE"X":I is always based on PES"X", which is always different to WE"X".

Until the next Japanese version comes out, id put my house on the fact that WE9JL (Jap) is the best game to date:)

aussiepesfan said:
Until the next Japanese version comes out, id put my house on the fact that WE9JL (Jap) is the best game to date:)

right on..my brotha.. \\:o/

The game is a lot better than PES5.I do agree with bummy_jab that there are some little ajustments,after playing more matches it feels a little different then the other games,specialy i think the passing is much better.

are the any differences with the players stats? are the any new players on the new winning eleven? if so could somebody poat some?

J-vader said:
are the any differences with the players stats? are the any new players on the new winning eleven? if so could somebody poat some?

Dont thread hijack! :nono:

And the requesting of stats is a very VERY touchy subject, I wouldn't bring it up unless there is a specific thread for that.

Junka said:
The game is a lot better than PES5.I do agree with bummy_jab that there are some little ajustments,after playing more matches it feels a little different then the other games,specialy i think the passing is much better.

is it any different than PES5? I thought bummy said about We9...

WE8 INT wasnt the same as PES4 in the PC VERSION, WE8 was much batteR!

Hey DAR i wasn't 'thread hijacking' i just wanna know if theres a difference in the player stats? or if the new version has any new players. I assumed this would be a good place to ask because the thread is called 'I THINK THERE IS A DIFFERENCE'. if this isn't the right place could you please direct me.

J-vader said:
Hey DAR i wasn't 'thread hijacking' i just wanna know if theres a difference in the player stats? or if the new version has any new players.
Thats like saying "I didnt murder anyone, I was just sticking a knife in someone throat." :roll:

hey Runearse why are you trying to start something, i assumed this might have been the place to ask, if it ain't the right place be helpful and tell me where. your shit stirring is not welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
RuneEdge said:
Thats like saying "I didnt murder anyone, I was just sticking a knife in someone throat." :roll:

Dude..whatsup with that avatar with Smith bleeding he's head of,its kinda disturbing

:D thanks luckz. i've started another thread titled 'can anybody tell me' to hopefully get an answer to my orginal question because i don't wanna cause any bad feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
J-vader said:
hey Runearse why are you trying to start something, i assumed this might have been the place to ask, if it ain't the right place be helpful and tell me where. your shit stirring is not welcome
If thats not trying to start something then what is? :roll:
I just made a point that you did something that isnt allowed and wording it in a different way doesnt change that.

Luckz said:
This is a thread comparing WE9 and WE9I. How the hell could it be off-topic to ask if any player stats differ noticeably?
That wasnt the problem. But asking for stats to be posted here is.

Luckz said:
This is a thread comparing WE9 and WE9I. How the hell could it be off-topic to ask if any player stats differ noticeably?

Read the first post, it's gameplay differences, not stats, faces, teams, squads etc...

Asking for stats to be posted is already a touchy subject, as any regular visitor here knows.

;)

J-vader said:
Rune-Arse u mank prick, asking for stats to be posted ain't a problem u mug

This is your warning. Carry crap like that on and your gone. :-#

Keep it civil, thanks.

Also I would beg to differ that asking for stats in a thread about gameplay differences "aint a problem". ;)

I also notice that when you go to English, French, German leagues ALL the names are correct, BUT they are wrong for the national teams. (with the exception of a few like Kahn/kalm)

Even VAN DER SAR has the right name in MAN RED but not for holland. Did they get a name license or sumthin???? It saves A LOT of trouble of editing ill tell u that.

bummy_jab said:
I also notice that when you go to English, French, German leagues ALL the names are correct, BUT they are wrong for the national teams. (with the exception of a few like Kahn/kalm)

Even VAN DER SAR has the right name in MAN RED but not for holland. Did they get a name license or sumthin???? It saves A LOT of trouble of editing ill tell u that.
This is the same in PES5. Von Mistelroum and van Nistelrooy for example are supposed to be the same player but in the game they are two different players. Its the same will all the players which we simply call "double players" here on Evo-Web.

So konami got an official player license?? but not a League license??? this is a bit confusing as to why they got every name right in leagues but not in national teams. And they have no kits, flags, anything correct just the names.

It's not too confusing really, they have the FIFPro license, which gives them player names and likeness rights (for players within the FIFPro range of course), for kits and team names etc.. they'd need to get the League licenses or do seperate deals with teams (like they did with Celtic/Rangers/Porto etc...).
The national kits would also require either a FIFA license (which our good friends at EA have) or single deals with the FA's of each country, which is why they have Japan/S.Korea licensed. :)

bummy_jab said:
So konami got an official player license?? but not a League license??? this is a bit confusing as to why they got every name right in leagues but not in national teams. And they have no kits, flags, anything correct just the names.
So actually they have the league licences (just for player names and likeness) but they dont have the official FIFA licence which would give you more or less EVERYTHING FIFA games have.

Dar said:
It's not too confusing really, they have the FIFPro license, which gives them player names and likeness rights (for players within the FIFPro range of course), for kits and team names etc.. they'd need to get the League licenses or do seperate deals with teams (like they did with Celtic/Rangers/Porto etc...).
The national kits would also require either a FIFA license (which our good friends at EA have) or single deals with the FA's of each country, which is why they have Japan/S.Korea licensed. :)
didnt kno they had the FIFPro licence...if they have the FIFPro license doesnt that mean they can use official kits for the teams included in the license? cuz i think there was another game with FIFPro licence and they had real kits...

the_thing said:
didnt kno they had the FIFPro licence...if they have the FIFPro license doesnt that mean they can use official kits for the teams included in the license? cuz i think there was another game with FIFPro licence and they had real kits...

The FIFPro is a players union, it's nothing to do with kits or teams.

www.fifpro.org

I have played 2 matches. (PS2)

It seems as if the players run faster and also respond faster...imo!
The players move like if they are on ice... (so smooth)! :)

Edit:

Played another couple of matches...

The shots on the goal are blocked more often by the defenders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom