WE9 - Master League Thread

Last night I beat Barca 5-0 in the Cup over 2 legs, was well happy. Not going too bad in the league either, am 5th after 12 games

Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester City
Carr 51'................................Behrami 27'
..........................................Vassell 45+1'
..............................................Cole 62'
............................................Dlaryea 77'
..........................................Reyna inj 21'

Manchester City 1-1 Aston Villa
Sibierski (P) 22'........Phillips 30'

Manchester City 3-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Vassell 64', 72'
Cole 76'

Three good matches, bit disappointed with the draw against Villa, but happy with the other two good wins.

The Premiership is looking like this:

Chelsea...63
Arsenal...47
Man Utd...46
Man City...46
Liverpool...39

Pretty close, I think there will be a 3 way battle for the 2nd auto CL place!

If you see a player's name in blue on the scoresheet, then click his name to see that goal. Some of the good goals I will record and stick up here :). For example, two for this session, Dlaryea and Cole.

Also, I now have the video of the outrageous Andrew Cole handball here!

Last edited:
Thank God the transfer window arrived when it did for me. I had lost both Ibagaza and Torres to injury for a couple of weeks.

So the window opens and I manage to sign Montella for a bucketful of cash, Pique for a nominal fee and also Messi who I managed to wangle a swap deal for one of my donkeys.

Following on from that I am 2 wins out of 2 with Montella scoring in the 2nd match.

I am now confident for the rest of the season

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Manchester City
Pedersen (P) 90+2'.......................Cole 28'

Chelsea...............3-2 Manchester City
Lampard 58', 67'.........................Cole 26'
Crespo 84'..............................Vassell 75'

Manchester City 2-0 Liverpool
Cole 7'
Vassell 83'

Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City
.............................Cole 51' 58'
...............................Vassell 83'

Manchester City 4-0 Blackburn Rovers
Vassell 28', 45+3'
Hleb 67'
Croft 90+1'

Charlton 0-0 Manchester City

Manchester City 2-0 Fulham
Vassell missed pen 4'
Vassell 66', (P) 68'

Well, that's the end of the first Premiership season! A great finish to the season by me, after the 3-2 Chelsea loss I was pissed off because Crespo's late goal was well offside, that spurred me on to hammer a few teams!

Chelsea won the Premiership when they beat me 3-2, so they had 5 games to spare. They were only beaten twice all season, by Man Utd and Blackburn. I finished 4th in the end, behind Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal! Liverpool and Aston Villa also made the CL Qualifying group.

End of Season Transfer Window: Well, I have struck gold! I checked the free players, to find that Milan had released Gattuso and Bayern released Santa Cruz, so I snapped them both up! Here is the full list of my players in:

Rivera..........SMF..........Real Betis
Gattuso..........CMF..........Free
Santa Cruz..........CF..........Free
A. Kamara..........SB..........Free

I'm really happy with that!!! Now I am hopefully set up for the new season :-) I'm now on a pre-season tour of North and South America, which includes playing 2 matches.

Well, I lost one and won one! I am impressed with Santa Cruz and the left back A. Kamara, Gattuso was his usual self but Rivera didn't do much at all. Having Santa Cruz's height and heading ability adds a whole new dimension to my game, it's so much better being able to look for a target man, and it's great to have somebody that actually wants to get on the end of crosses.

And I can now see who's in my CL Qualifying Group:

Man City
Aston Villa
Roma
Arsenal

I think I should be able to get through that, although you never know.

Premiership:
Southamtpon 0-2 Manchester City
.............................Santa Cruz inj 22'
.......................................Vassell 37'
........................................Fowler 39'

CL Qualifier Group Match 1:
Aston Villa 0-2 Manchester City
....................................Vassell 36'
...................................Gattuso 66'

Premiership:
Charlton Athletic 0-1 Manchester City
..............................................Cole 25'

A great start to the new season :)

Santa Cruz was out for two weeks.

Not your most in depth report mate, one of them days eh ;)

Bit of a gap between my last report and this one but not much went on really, lets carry on eh

Game 17 - Zaragotha Vs Atletico
Team News - Messi makes his debut and I also work Montella into the side by playing a 442 shifting Iba to the wing

Kick Off
10 minutes in and Messi runs thru 2 defenders and... I dont really know how to describe what he did so I will sort out the replay and mail it later. Just watching that again in the highlights, he latched onto a header from midfield and calmly puts it over the keeper on the half volley. Will defo be mailed later along with the one I scored the other night that I aint sent yet.
As you can tell nowt else happened in the first half so I am padding til we start the 2nd

2nd Half
Iba injured from what looked like a nothing challenge, he goes off for Torres whos pace could do me some good on that wing
A bit of an anticlimax that half.
0-1 FT, only that goal by Messi the difference despite me creating plenty of chances
MOTM is Montella

Game 18 - Atletico Vs Mallorca
Team News - A couple of them blue arrows and the man that is Iba out for a week means I stick to the 442 formation with Montella and Torres up front

Kick Off
They are the dirtiest team I have ever played against. 5 fouls in that half but no bookings
0-0 HT

2nd Half
Montella runs onto what I thought was a nothing ball down the wing and lashes it home. Have that you cunts. 1-0, 59'
Molinero and Montella off for Pique and Messi, lets go for it
1-0 FT. Pure filth, I am just glad I got thru that game with all my players limbs stil attached but how there were no cards given out in that game I dont know. My only guess is the ref left them at home
Rodriguez MOTM for me

Game 19 - Malaga Vs Atletico
Team News - Everyone very happy this week, so just the dumping of Kezman to the bench and we are good to go. Oh, Messi and Torres start up front

Kick Off
Torres skins the defender on 8' and hits a shot that the keeper seems to jump out of the way of in case he got hurt. 0-1
Messi with a chip, GOAL!! I thought it was going wide but it hits the inside of the post and goes in. 0-2, 27' That one will also be attached to this mail
0-2 HT, more than happy with that. More goals to come the way I am playing

2nd Half
Torres off, Montella on
Well it appears that subconsciously I shut up shop in that half, didnt create much at all
0-2 FT
Zahinos gets MOTM, not a clue why though

And we call it time on this session with me moving up to 3rd in the table, 7 points behind Real Madrid in 2nd who trail Barca by 6. Does that make sense?

Just the one match tonight, as I have been busy editing boots!

CL Qualifier Group Match 2
Manchester City 3-1........AS Roma
Cole 41'................................Totti 22'
Vassell 72', 82'

A good match, after going a goal down we showed good team spirit to make a comeback from being 0-1 down. Andrew Cole's goal was lovely, he nicked it off a defender, then skipped past another and stuck it over the advancing keeper :).

I now have Santa Cruz back for the two games against Arsenal in a week! Premiership, then CL Group Match.

Popped home for lunch and had time for a couple of games, just had to share the results

Atletico Madrid 4.....Athletic Bilbao 1
Torres 7'.................Yeste 2'
Lopez 40'
Messi 59'
Kezman 88'

Was well chuffed with that after conceding that early goal. Kezman lasted the full 90 after a rare start up front. Ibagaza was MOTM

Okay, make that just the one game. Lunch interrupted due to work.

The next match is against Real Madrid too, I suppose it can wait til later

I heard after the match the fans where singing:-

'There's only one
Chrissy Wright
There's only one
Chrissy Wright
He's got no hair
but we don't care
Walking in a
Wrighty Wonderland'.

:mrgreen:

FD

Been a while since the last post in here so lets update how my season went.

I finished 3rd in the league behind Barca and Real Madrid which I was happy with.

I lost on away goals in Injury Time in the Semi Final of the Cup, to say I wasnt happy would be an understatement.

I feel a promotion coming on, just need to make a few signings and I am all good for the new season

fd1972uk said:
Did you just do a random league or something?

Barca and Real Madrid in the 2nd division? :shock:

FD

Nah mate, it was set up as a mini Spanish League for season 1 at least

Has anyone actually understood the whole "loan" thing? I've had some players listed as "Available for Transfer" for a couple of seasons, and received no transfer requests let alone loan requests. From a lot of searching on the forum, loan requests from CPU teams are only made during the mid-season transfer period (???) and I've already passed 2 mid-season transfer periods without any offers.

Obviously the idea is to get rid of the young players for a couple of seasons until their stats are at least of a "usable" level... the grind of getting them there is kinda :shock:

Not sure of that either.

Running away with my league, think it's around 10 or 12 points now. Also in the semi's of the WEFA, beat Man Utd 9-0 on aggregrate. :)

Can't mind if I already signed this guy, but got Iranian winger/striker Nikzbaht (sp?) and he's doing very well. Decent height too and can shift.

FD

You guys still playing? I haven't played ML in ages but after putting on the new Wendetta patch I got back into it again.

Finished 4th with Fiorentina in the opening season, usually I don't have a 'Top Man' with all the goals and they're spread over my team but big Luca Toni finished 2nd-top scorer in the league with 19 and that was with him out injured for 10 weeks!

Also thought they'd removed the free transfer option from the game but found it, so I got a couple in there. Tried not to go overboard with big names or the usual obvious young starlets, the biggest one I got was probably van Persie who was available on a free so I had to snap him up. Also, Toni got a bad injury in the final game of the first season and was meant to be out for 22 weeks so I thought I'd need a big-name striker to replace him (Pazzini is good but not quite ready for the main role yet), so I forked out something like 11,000 points for Iaquinta only to find Toni 100% fit come the new season! :roll:

Enjoying it though, been a while since I did. Big Toni is already joint-top scorer 3 games into the new season ;).

Won the lot in my game, first time I've won the WEFA championship.

Although I think I'll start over again as I've noticed my created players do not age, so I'll probably re-do them by just overwriting players.

FD

I won the lot in WE8LE with Marseille, but it's proving tougher this time. Was going great guns in the title race until the past couple of matches, when I lost 1-0 at home to Milan to leave me 2nd, 5 points adrift of them. Then I lost 1-0 away to Juve and I'm now in 3rd, 3 behind them and 8 behind Milan, with about 10 games to go.

No chance in the league this year I think :(.

Got Valencia in the last 8 of the big WEFA cup, the CL-equivalent not UEFA Cup version. It's went pretty well in Europe in terms of the draw, like I've not been papped in a group with 3 other teams from my league which often happens. I got Inter, Madrid and Sporting in my first group then Celtic, Deportivo and Arsenal in my second one, and now Valencia.

Why do you create players Frank, doesn't it make it a bit easy when you know who to buy all the time?

this is OT but I didn't want to make a new thread just of this because it probably has been asked before, anyone know if there is a file or anything that shows the REAL names of all the teams instead of Man Read and so on?

Team: Roma
Season: 6
UEFA Rank: 6
Honours: Champions, Cup winners, UEFA cup winners
League top scorer: Cassano (27)
League top assist: Totti (14)

IN-
Accardi (Palermo)
Donadel (Fiorentina)
Krancjar (Croatia)

OUT-
Taddei