• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

WE9 Online

desiasx

Non-League
2 July 2004
Just to get things in the clear, I got my game yesterday and I have following questions:

Can I play WE9 online?

Do I have to be in japan to play WE9 online?

I am currently in USA and have network adapter and everything for the PS2, so hoping I can start playing online if this is possible.

FreeShyne2009

Non-League
4 April 2004
i asked this question in another thread.... it would be awesome, but i doubt its possible...

can anybody answer these questions?

Harregarre

Conference
16 July 2005
I think it has something to do with the TV standards - Japanese NTSC and stuff. Like PAL gamers that can only play versus other PAL and NTSC only playing NTSC. Anyway, I think that you can actually play online if you have a japanese ps2 but considering the distance to most of the online players (in Japan) you would get incredibly high pings and therefor it's impossible to actually 'Play' online. I would rather call that 'frustrate online'. Why don't you try and let us know if and how well it works?

gomincha

Conference
8 September 2003
Dublin
Theres one guy on this forum who is in belgium, kawai i think is his name,
who was playing we8le online!
he has a jap ps2 and was able to sign up online and play.
i also have a jap ps2 and would love to be able to takeon some jpn players!

gomincha

Conference
8 September 2003
Dublin
Harregarre said:
And you really think you'll have a good match with all the lag? :lol:
dont be such a smartass newbie, with all your jap and pal tv mumbojumbo.
it has nothing to do with tvs, the online server can tell if you are using a jap or pal ps2.

Top Bottom