WE9 playing 2 v 2 games

demolition

Non-League
30 May 2003
Hey. I just wanted to report something that bothered me when you have a couple of players playing on the same team in WE9. We noticed this last night when playing 2 v 2. When you hit L1 to switch your marker onto different players, the player you just got control of tends to take 2-3 steps towards the ball on a lot of occasions. I wonder if anyone else was experiencing this and can comment or offer a solution. Of course there's the super cancel option but by the time the player takes 1-2 steps and u hit super cancel to steer him in a different you lose valuable positioning time. I also agree with this filthidani guy about the 90 degree turn on the slowest speed. that lousy stepover is a waste of time and should'vc been kept were it was on R2 dribble or scrapped. It doesn't happen nearly as much in real life except maybe in indoor football and 90 degree turns while strolling aren't unrealistic. As a matter of fact, they are more realistic than steping over the ball and turning in one motion. I hope they release a fix for this.

Ive got PES4 and when I play a game with my son , we play on the same team.. Now what I have noticed is that when Ive passed the ball to him and he runs forward, there will be at least 1 or 2 of our players running to the side of him ! but when I press L1 to change to one of these players, the Icon jumps about players way behind the player my son is controlling and it takes a good 4 or 5 presses of L1 to get one of the players to the side of the player on the ball highlighted...

Does this still happen in We9 ???

To answer your question greenmachine, yes unfortunately this problem still exists in WE9. I think the main problem is that in theory there are 10 options/players to pass the ball to and only one button(L1) to switch the marker around. On many occasions I keep hitting L1 5-6 times(it passes the marker around the players closer/behind the ball) before I finally get control of a player further down the field whom I want to make a run with. This problem has alywas been there in WE. However, I ran into a new problem with 9. After you gain control over a player, on many occasions, they automatically take 2-3 steps towrds the ball before you finally gain control over them. It happens too many times during a game and disrupts your positioning.

Back
Top Bottom