WE9 - Post your complaints and disappointments here!

so, your boss complains, hey thomy, your proposal is fuked up, tons of errors. and you reply, stop complaining when u cant even do a better report than me!

All i've seen is people complaining about each other, which is a good thing maybe the game is perfect apart from no Egypt.

Dani I wanted iraq playable because i loved what happened in Athens and always wanted to recreate that. Football Kingdom had them as well as many OTHER countries and yet WE doesn't. A shame really but i guess Konami must've taken a poll or somethin. heck if we're complaining i want some fin' polish league teams like Legia and wisla up in the game but NO! Either way i only complain about the game IF there is something glaring. Like WE8 AND WE8LE's slowdown which to me ruined ALL gameplay until i edited crowds and really went at dulling certain stadium textures. this year, WE9 is pretty much rock solid almost so...

The same cpu cheating and scripted physics from WE8LE is still there.

What happened to this new "freedom" to control your guy we were supposed to be getting?

Last edited by a moderator:
filthydani said:
EGYPT ISNT IN THE GAME ANYMORE, THAT MEANS I HAVE TO WAIT FOR LIKE FIVE YEARS AND SEE IF THEY COULD QUALIFY TO WORLD CUP 2010 SO KONAMI PUT THEM BACK IN THE FUCKING GAME, THIS IS BULLSHIT!!! HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE IN WINNING ELEVEN 14

0376.jpg

guys, i dont know if you have realized but i cant see fans while i´m playing.
i used the replay mode and saw them there but if you play you cant see them.ok,its not very annoying but its very strange

Ernestito said:
guys, i dont know if you have realized but i cant see fans while i´m playing.
i used the replay mode and saw them there but if you play you cant see them.ok,its not very annoying but its very strange

This "bug" has already been mentioned last night and I can confirm it. At least when playing on wide cam, I've heard this prob shouldn't be existent in normal cam mode, though. Really weird, yeah, but I can easily live with that.

Kezz said:
This "bug" has already been mentioned last night and I can confirm it. At least when playing on wide cam, I've heard this prob shouldn't be existent in normal cam mode, though. Really weird, yeah, but I can easily live with that.

yeah, if you play on widecam you cant see the fans.well, i can live with that, too ;)

Regarding the absence of the Egyptian national team i would like to post few comments:
1) Egypt is the most winning country for the ACN (African cup of nations)
2) Egypt is hosting the ACN (jan 2006) and there is a great possibility of winning the cup.
3) I beleive that konami should b as strong as EA sports. they should ADD not REMOVE

Well it's not a matter of playing with the team or not it's a matter of strengthing the game

I hate those slowdowns, which are still there and i don´t like the many many many freekicks in the game. nearly everytime you touching a other player its a foul.

forbidden said:
i don´t like the many many many freekicks in the game. nearly everytime you touching a other player its a foul.

but not a free-kick when the cpu trips you up......same old....

Elite said:
thats right. I know what this bullshit thread`s title is. BUT WHY THE FUCK does everyone keep complaining about a world class game eh? Can you guys make a better one?

Man, I totally disagree with you on this. Of course WE is a worldclass game, the best current footie game we all know that, but it has a very big number of flaws that have been pointed out since the beginning of the series. Most noticeable the lack of a decent 1 player mode, and we keep getting the same crap ML so it will be another year playing with friends only again I guess...

And asking if anyone can do a better one, that's just to laugh at... I mean, it's not like Konami is doing it for free you know? We pay for the game and we pay big $$, of course we can't do better that's totally out of the context. But still if you ask me if I could do a better Master League or do a better teams database, on that I would answer YES I could! Actually any kid with a bit of programming skills could do it, it's not hard at all.

If you just take what they give you and stay happy with it without having a critical view on what can be improved or not, well you just satisfy with very little. But this thread has a good reason to exist so everyone can share their point of views, if you don't like it just leave it alone.

Abou Egypt, I also think it's stupid they are out ( as stupid is having the asian teams and not allowing us to play by them...) and I understand that some people simply don't care about that, but others do. It's not something that will make the game unplayable or something, but there's really no reason on removing them. And of course as filthydani is egyptian I understand how pissed off he gotta be lol

But the biggest flaw on the game is as from the beginning of the series a decent 1 player mode. Everything else is secondary for me until they fix this, which will probably never happen anyway...

SSJbrolly said:
But the biggest flaw on the game is as from the beginning of the series a decent 1 player mode. Everything else is secondary for me until they fix this, which will probably never happen anyway...

What you smoking - So your saying that we are all playing a substandard game then cos i would say that the majority of peeps play single player ML, i know i do...

SSJbrolly said:
Man, I totally disagree with you on this. Of course WE is a worldclass game, the best current footie game we all know that, but it has a very big number of flaws that have been pointed out since the beginning of the series. Most noticeable the lack of a decent 1 player mode, and we keep getting the same crap ML so it will be another year playing with friends only again I guess...

And asking if anyone can do a better one, that's just to laugh at... I mean, it's not like Konami is doing it for free you know? We pay for the game and we pay big $$, of course we can't do better that's totally out of the context. But still if you ask me if I could do a better Master League or do a better teams database, on that I would answer YES I could! Actually any kid with a bit of programming skills could do it, it's not hard at all.

If you just take what they give you and stay happy with it without having a critical view on what can be improved or not, well you just satisfy with very little. But this thread has a good reason to exist so everyone can share their point of views, if you don't like it just leave it alone.

Abou Egypt, I also think it's stupid they are out ( as stupid is having the asian teams and not allowing us to play by them...) and I understand that some people simply don't care about that, but others do. It's not something that will make the game unplayable or something, but there's really no reason on removing them. And of course as filthydani is egyptian I understand how pissed off he gotta be lol

well said

When I bought a Ferrari and found it had duff steering, I complained. I didn't say "oh, it's Ferrari, they're the best, so I'll just live with the problem."

At least with cars, we have a very wide choice. With footy games the alternatives don't exist.

spaceman said:
What you smoking - So your saying that we are all playing a substandard game then cos i would say that the majority of peeps play single player ML, i know i do...

Yeah, if you are happy with the current ML, then you are happy with very little. I've never seen such a superficial and basic mode as the crap Master League. Honestly I can't understand how can people play more than one season... I get bored really quick. What the hell is Master League anyway? The name alone is stupid, then basic stuff like not having job offers is missing... I don't see why anyone can be happy with it.

I never said the game was bad though, the WE series is awesome and is the best there is, as plumbers_x correctly mentioned we don't have any alternatives, WE is THE FOOTIE game of the time. But the 1 player modes are utter crap, at least I know a bunch of friends that are also WE fanatics, so I can play multiplayer games most of the time otherwise it would be really bad for me.

Have you ever played SWOS in your life? Probably not, otherwise you'd know how a good carreer mode should be done. Actually if I had never played SWOS I might think the ML was reasonable I guess. What I think is that most people happy with ML aren't old school gamers and never had the chance to play this classic, so as they probably haven't seen anything better they go along with what they have available.

If you are happy with ML, good for you enjoy it, I have nothing against it, but I'm not, actually is one of the worst 1 player modes EVER in a footie game, and I'm not alone on this one that's for sure.

plumbers_x: Good comparison, but did you really buy a Ferrari? :)

So how many div 1 teams in ML? I saw 20 & 16 posted earlier. Can someone please clarify this?

i wish they'd upgrade ML, it just seems old a bit now, and perhaps id like to see the transfer thing again where you set how keen the other clubs are to accept your offer alike real life (gerrard wont leave liverpool) etc

to the ppl creating a fuss abou tthis thread being made....DONT LIKE IT, THINK PPL ARE BTCHING TO MUCH FOR YOUR TASTE....DONT ENTER THE THREAD....nuff said prob solved ;)

neway reading from the post here it looks like teams liek malaysia and all that you play in Nippon thing cant be accessed to play in exhibition, shame at that since wats the point of not adding them in another mode while keeping it in one.|?

Filthy Dani, you need help brother.. I have a suggestion for you. Go and wait till FIFA 2006 is released then hopefully we won`t see you running your mouth..

SSJbrolly said:
Yeah, if you are happy with the current ML, then you are happy with very little. I've never seen such a superficial and basic mode as the crap Master League. Honestly I can't understand how can people play more than one season... I get bored really quick. What the hell is Master League anyway? The name alone is stupid, then basic stuff like not having job offers is missing... I don't see why anyone can be happy with it.

I never said the game was bad though, the WE series is awesome and is the best there is, as plumbers_x correctly mentioned we don't have any alternatives, WE is THE FOOTIE game of the time. But the 1 player modes are utter crap, at least I know a bunch of friends that are also WE fanatics, so I can play multiplayer games most of the time otherwise it would be really bad for me.

Have you ever played SWOS in your life? Probably not, otherwise you'd know how a good carreer mode should be done. Actually if I had never played SWOS I might think the ML was reasonable I guess. What I think is that most people happy with ML aren't old school gamers and never had the chance to play this classic, so as they probably haven't seen anything better they go along with what they have available.

If you are happy with ML, good for you enjoy it, I have nothing against it, but I'm not, actually is one of the worst 1 player modes EVER in a footie game, and I'm not alone on this one that's for sure.

plumbers_x: Good comparison, but did you really buy a Ferrari? :)

Yeah i did have Sensi Soccer on the old Amega and for it's time it was the best however i don't remember there being a career option there, but then again there were a number of updates across many platforms. I actually prefered to play that in multi player, nothing better than a room full of peeps with the a beer waiting your turn in a KO tourni. I even had a quick play last week on PSP through a Genesis emu and yeah it was good but i feel that is best left in the past.

End of the day i respect your opinion and if you don't get anything out of the single player experience then that is your loss.....

spaceman said:
Yeah i did have Sensi Soccer on the old Amega and for it's time it was the best however i don't remember there being a career option there, but then again there were a number of updates across many platforms. I actually prefered to play that in multi player, nothing better than a room full of peeps with the a beer waiting your turn in a KO tourni. I even had a quick play last week on PSP through a Genesis emu and yeah it was good but i feel that is best left in the past.

End of the day i respect your opinion and if you don't get anything out of the single player experience then that is your loss.....

Sensible Soccer didn't have a carreer mode, that's the one you probably played. The last versions of Sensi, called Sensible World Of Soccer were the ones with a carreer mode (and with more than 1000 teams from all over the world), you probably haven't tried that one as you would certainly remember the carreer mode ;), it's the best 1 player mode ever made for a footie game. I'd suggest you to have a try at it, you can easily find amiga roms or the pc version these days.

And SWOS multiplayer was the best of course (as with any football game), but it was also the game with the most enjoyable 1 player mode ever! And I don't even mentioned the custom cups editor! That was also something Konami should learn from.

Yeah, I don't get anything for 1 player mode that's for sure, I guess it's my loss, but I can't do anything about it. It just sucks in my opinion.

johan said:
Filthy Dani, you need help brother.. I have a suggestion for you. Go and wait till FIFA 2006 is released then hopefully we won`t see you running your mouth..

I can't believe everyone is being such an arsehole to fd. Look, football is a passionate game, and Winning Eleven is no different. People actually enjoy being able to play as their national team - well, at least I know I love it. Just because most of us are in 'important countries' is no reason not to sympathize. There is simply no excuse for Konami eliminating teams that are already in the game.

Teams shouldn't be added just because they've qualified for a major tournament. What good is a footie videogame if you can't live out your dreams and take your team to the World Cup? Okay, maybe there's still plenty to like about Winning Eleven, but you can't deny that this is an imporant aspect.

Back
Top Bottom