WE9 - Post your formation

B

bryan

What formation do you use in WE9?

Also like the individual attack/defend arrows.

Post some screenshots if possible.

Too soon to post any decisive formation :).

My usual 442 from WE7 and 8 seems inefective although I only tried it in the first games, when I was yet very rusty. On the other hand 433 seems to have gained the importance it had in the past, in the first PS2 versions and thrughout PSX versions.

But I haven't reached a decision. I think this WE adds even more the importance of picking the right formation for the team you have, something that started in the past but seems now even more evident.

3-5-2 :)

Milan :D With Gila and Sheva infront :D
Jankulovski in the mid with Kaka', Pirlo, Gattuso and Cafu
Maldini, Nesta and Stam to cover :D
Dida as the keeper :D

Chelsea default tac. with the OMF going slightly right, and the LWG become ST and moves to the center... Defence Low for the CF... thats it

I just use the default formation for Manchester United. Backward arrows for goalkeeper, defenders and defensive midfielder. The rest have forward arrows. Everyone with high defense. Can't be bothered making my own formation as I just think the default one should suit the team the most. :lol:

Ashed said:
I just use the default formation for Manchester United. Backward arrows for goalkeeper, defenders and defensive midfielder. The rest have forward arrows. Everyone with high defense. Can't be bothered making my own formation as I just think the default one should suit the team the most. :lol:

there are some default formations that sucks... like Inter

4-3-3

van bommel in dmf

edmilson in cb

olegure ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

funny you say that shevchenco 7 as i use the same formation with milan in WE9! hopefully ancelotti listens to us !!
forza milan

Inter's formation sucking is a MAJOR improvement... that 422 "square" was veeeeery efficient last year, with the 2 strikers continuously getting free space and clear passes from the OMFs.. now it all feels a bit more stuck. I used that tactic a lot but I'm happy to see it less effective, it's a good change.

now there are so many different kind of formation type even for a just 442, 433, etc etc .. A B C L T .. i think ..

bryan said:
the arrows really helps a lot?

yeah they do, the attacking and he defensive arrows make a BIG difference.

i use a 343

midfield diamond with 2 wide players

2 strikers with a winger on the left

the 4-4-2a formation is quite a good one. the midfield kinda looks like an arrow

another good one is Italy's default formation

Ive noticed that the flat formations work alot better on this version too. e.g Englands

i use this team with a 4-3-3.
Valdes in goal.
Belletti, Puyol, Marquez, and Gio.
Xavi, v.Bommel, and Deco.
Guily, Eto'o, and Ronaldinho.
it's a good team (especially with updated stats/growth curves etc :lol: ) but i'm hoping to get Henry for the right wing and Cicinho for right back.

:( who know how to do the rabona trick which maradona and ronaldinho plssssss

Sulph said:
Do you add your own arrows? And what about defence levels?

the arrows a bit, but i have no real tactics set out on the formation settings. i just try to attack and keep possession as much as possible.

Sulph said:
Yeah thats what i do, and then wait for an opening,

i put my attackers and midfield apart from the dmc on the lowest defence arrow. the back 3 and dmc on higest setting. then for attacking arrows i have the wingers going going forward and diagnal towards the wing. then the strikers and amc going forward

i have accidently deleted me option file for we9 could somebody plz tell me how to make a new 1 as i have translated all player names into english and do not want to do it AGIAN after i turn me ps2 off sorry if this has nothin to do wif the disscussion but plz help

I use a 4-4-2 diamond formation with Real Madrid.

I have to say that I am still experimencing with my formation so it isn't the final one:

-------------------Casillas--------------
---Diogo---Arbeloa---Woodgate---Carlos
-----------------Gravesen---------------
------Beckham-----------Zidane-------
-------------------Guti------------------
-------------Ronaldo--------------------
----------------------Raul---------------

When I substitue I rotate a bit with Raul, Ronaldo, Guti, Zidane, Robinho and Baptista.

I'm using arrows too, so when Diogo runs upward the field, Arbeloa goes to fill out the center midfield AND the Right Back. When R. Carlos runs up, Gravesen goes down to play a Left Back.

The next thing I have to look into is the Man Marking and who's going to start in or going to sit on the bench. I have to test all the new players like, Arbeloa, Diego Lopez, Javia Garcia and so on.

But my formation is still a work-in-progress.

Last edited:
----------------- Van der Sar -------------------
-- Neville -- O'Shea -- Ferdinand -- Heinze --
------------------ Roy Keane -------------------
- Ronaldo ------------------------------ Giggs -
-------------------- Scholes --------------------
--------- Rooney -------- Van Nistelrooy -----

Back
Top Bottom