WE9 - Stop Saying The Game is Realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benn_Black

They have not improved the simulation, if anything the AI is even worse. Since when do all teams defend deep and slow defenders CATCH-UP to and strip the ball off fast attackers? The AI in this game is appaling, as far as realism is concerned this game is an absolute joke compared to many other sports simulations on the market.

Style of Play

When playing Arsenal does Henry drop back deep to the flanks? Do they bombard you with lightning counter attacks?

Do Chelsea defend deep and hit you on the break? Does Terry score headers from set pieces? Does Lampard fire off 3 shots from distance in every match?

When playing Milan or Barca do you get pressed all over the pitch?

Do Juve score many goals from Nedved and Del Piero set pieces?

Do Newcastle play offside high up the pitch leaving a ton of space in which to run into?

Do Norway play longball?

Do Sweden play defensive?

Do Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina and France all play the same way?

Do teams screw up playing offside giving you a clear run on goal?

Do goalkeepers rush off their lines when one vs one against strikers?

There is no variation in play, no reaction from the CPU regardless of the situation. If you are leading with a few minutes to go the CPU should bring on another striker and push men forward, if the CPU is leading it should pull men back and occasionally throw on another defender. CPU tactics should also change if you have a player sent off.

When was the last time the CPU had a player sent off? I honestly can't remember it happening, ever. There are on average 3 red cards in every round of league games (i.e. ten matches).

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL..what do you expect from a 5 years old ps2? All this things?
Come on that not realistic ;). Nobody says the game is 100% realistic!
You want a reastic we game?..so whait for the ps3 version ;)

One thing: when you are leading with 5 goals the cpu change the formation and play with 3 strikers.

Benn_Black said:
They have not improved the simulation, if anything the AI is even worse. Since when do all teams defend deep and slow defenders CATCH-UP to and strip the ball off fast attackers? The AI in this game is appaling, as far as realism is concerned this game is an absolute joke compared to many other sports simulations on the market.

Style of Play

When playing Arsenal does Henry drop back deep to the flanks? Do they bombard you with lightning counter attacks?

yes

Benn_Black said:
Do Chelsea defend deep and hit you on the break? Does Terry score headers from set pieces? Does Lampard fire off 3 shots from distance in every match?

Yes and no, lampard does about a lot more shots but my midfield always blocks him so he does not have a clear shot

Benn_Black said:
When playing Milan or Barca do you get pressed all over the pitch?

yes i bloody do m8 and its the same with real, valencia, depor

Benn_Black said:
Do Juve score many goals from Nedved and Del Piero set pieces?

Not sure as i have not played against them yet

Benn_Black said:
Do Newcastle play offside high up the pitch leaving a ton of space in which to run into?

Not only newcaste my friend, other teams do it as well

Benn_Black said:
Do Norway play longball?

Do Sweden play defensive?

Do Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina and France all play the same way?

Do teams screw up playing offside giving you a clear run on goal?

Do goalkeepers rush off their lines when one vs one against strikers?

There is no variation in play, no reaction from the CPU regardless of the situation. If you are leading with a few minutes to go the CPU should bring on another striker and push men forward, if the CPU is leading it should pull men back and occasionally throw on another defender. CPU tactics should also change if you have a player sent off.

When was the last time the CPU had a player sent off? I honestly can't remember it happening, ever. There are on average 3 red cards in every round of league games (i.e. ten matches).

Well this it more to your last point because i think the game is very good.

1st off i have played the game since getting it last week thursday and every match i play is different, no match is ever the same. When the computer is losing they bring on an extra striker all the time and change there tact by playing 2 at the back. Now im not sure if this is because i play it on all 5 stars (becuase i have not unlocked the weshop).

The Power said:
LOL..what do you expect from a 5 years old ps2? All this things?
Come on that not realistic ;). Nobody says the game is 100% realistic!
You want a reastic we game?..so whait for the ps3 version ;)

Processing power has nothing to do with it, these are flaws in the AI.

One thing: when you are leading with 5 goals the cpu change the formation and play with 3 strikers.

Really? Good.

Deacon Brown said:
1st off i have played the game since getting it last week thursday and every match i play is different, no match is ever the same. When the computer is losing they bring on an extra striker all the time and change there tact by playing 2 at the back. Now im not sure if this is because i play it on all 5 stars (becuase i have not unlocked the weshop).
totally agreed. I've been playing my master league on 5* since the game came out and not one match has been the same. I noticed they always bring on a extra striker when they are loosing aswell which is great. No one is saying this is the most realistic game ever but its by far the closest.
Benn_Black said:
The AI in this game is appaling, as far as realism is concerned this game is an absolute joke compared to many other sports simulations on the market.
Right, like Fifa and Club Football....:roll:

Deacon Brown sorry but you're missing the point here. All the top teams will counter attack and press in this game and that's my point. They shouldn't, there should be many variations in play.

You're mad, mate. I'm not saying it's perfect but there's far more depth to WE9 than any previous version, and more realism too. I've been playing since ISS on the N64, and while WE9 isn't necessarily the biggest evolution, it's definitely the most realistic so far. A lot of the things you want are beyond the PS2's capabilities anyway, the current AI is already stretching it.

"If you are leading with a few minutes to go the CPU should bring on another striker and push men forward, if the CPU is leading it should pull men back and occasionally throw on another defender."

It already did that in WE8LE, never mind WE9.

The computer does get people sent off. Hell, the computer's goalie got sent off against me the other day.

And that long list -- are these things you're saying DO happen in WE9 but not real life, or are you saying the do happen in real life but NOT in WE9? It's hard to tell, because that list is a jumble.

mr_sparxx said:
totally agreed. I've been playing my master league on 5* since the game came out and not one match has been the same. I noticed they always bring on a extra striker when they are loosing aswell which is great. No one is saying this is the most realistic game ever but its by far the closest. Right, like Fifa and Club Football....:roll:

No like Brian Lara Cricket 2005 or Fight Night 2005 or many of the Baseball and American football games, games which show consistent improvement.

The Power said:
PS2 has not enough processing power for a 100% realistic AI or Com KI. That is the point!

Rubbish. There is nothing stopping the developers from introducing several different styles of play. That's possible in American Football games so there is no excuse.

Pere Ubu said:
The computer does get people sent off. Hell, the computer's goalie got sent off against me the other day.

It has NEVER happened to me or my friends in any version on any difficulty setting. There should be 3 red cards every ten games, that's the average in real football and I'm sure you will agree that isn't the case in this game.

And that long list -- are these things you're saying DO happen in WE9 but not real life, or are you saying the do happen in real life but NOT in WE9? It's hard to tell, because that list is a jumble.

Both.

for your topic :
NO IT IS NOT!

style of playing CPU is terrible and i wouldn't play it but i love the way of players driblle, pass , react and many many others that makes it LOOK like real.

game only LOOK like, not BEING realistic.
but i've luv to watch it. i'm man ;)

WE has always improved after every version. There is absolutely no way i could go back to any previous WE after playing WE9 because its alot better. Not perfect but its got enough improvements to make it stop me from wanting to play any other versions again.

Benn_Black said:
Rubbish. There is nothing stopping the developers from introducing several different styles of play. That's possible in American Football games so there is no excuse.

Amircan football has a different KI structur as a soccer game KI. I say it again ps2 has not anough power. You dont believe..so ask someone else in a ps2 forum like IGN,gamespot...

Look at other soccer games like fifa..the KI is very bad..

Been, don't argue with people in this forum about realism, believe me, they are too stupid to know what realism is, a lot of people here think the auto side step is for realism, how fucking pathetic!!!

People here are so fucking stupid…

CPU Cheats so realism isnt quite there no. and the CPU's style of play is often erratic and not realistic, its best to play against a mate.

DJ

Don't play much against the CPU but when I do I get so bored, I agree with your points Benn_Black. It's shite against the CPU. I'm lucky enough to have so many mates to play the game with :)

Benn_Black said:
No like Brian Lara Cricket 2005 or Fight Night 2005 or many of the Baseball and American football games, games which show consistent improvement.

We are talking about a "football" game, it has more stuff than all those games and different codes so you can't expect a sports game to be a GTA game, because is totally different, instead of thinking about the stuff the game is missing, think about the stuff it has, and you'll notice it's a lot, A LOT!

If you want 100% realistic: Go play football yourself... A few of you guys are forgetting that it is a game and on this moment none of the games(no matter what type) will be 100% realistic.

If you don't like how teams/country's play change their formation and strategy etc.

On this moment WE9 is the most realistic football game, let me know if there is a better game and I try it.

Six hundred and sixty six said:
Been, don't argue with people in this forum about realism, believe me, they are too stupid to know what realism is, a lot of people here think the auto side step is for realism, how fucking pathetic!!!

People here are so fucking stupid…

Hey! Are you that filthydani guy! Sure seems like it, you just signed up and you know what goes on in these forums like if you were here 100 years ago! You swear like him too! And that's not all! you also talk crap about the sidestep! If it's you, welcome back! and make sure you don't piss people off again before you get banned again!

who the fuck is filthydani? and what type of fucking gay name is this anyway???

what the fuck... really wired people here

Grow the fuck up man, you have the greatest football game money can buy. the only thing more realistic is joining your local team and playing for real. its a computer game. have you played other soccer simulations. name one that comes close to what the winning eleven series can offer.

The game is completed, no amount of your moaning and gettin on peoples backs is goin to change what the game is. so go and put it on, invite a few friends round and open a few cans of beer and start a mini-league.

either that or go and play fifa with your sister

Benn_Black said:

I haven't played this series very long, but I think that WE9 is a huge improvement over PES3 which I started out with.
And perhaps it's not as realistic as real football, but it's as realistic as soccer games come, these days! So if you don't like the WE series, perhaps you'd be better off playing other sports games which are more close to the real world sports.
If you however will continue to play WE, perhaps it's better to concentrate on the game and not waste a thread on how bad it is simulated.

But I think the comparison w/ American Football and Baseball is unfair, since those type of games are much easier to simulate, since they consist of a lot of standard situations. And I don't think that processor power or other technical specs will enhance the realisim, since time-to-market and the available budget will play a bigger role in the development.

very funny post :).

Anyway what you are saying it's not about AI but about default tactics. You can change that.

WE and PES are games made to be BALENCED between REALIZM and FUN.
balance in this game is highli unbalenced.
let's say it was 50-50.
now it's 35-35 and 30% is some stupid things that konami incloduces or incloduces wrong, which is determining game itself and make people create such topics.

Yeah, you can change that.. apply offside rule and all that stuff..or just take offside rule off it what bothers you is that a video game team doesn't play like a real life team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom