WE9 Wishlist

The biggest thing for me is fixing the occasionally baffling AI. I'd rather they spent all the development time on gameplay. We can add teams, jerseys, stadiums and all that later (not that we should have to, but its a possiblity)
- Improve the runs, they're getting better, but there are still countless times i have a 2 on 2 and my damn other player runs right towards me or right offside
- Passing need not go to my player or the CPU: Other than down the line through balls, it seems every long pass goes to someone, not just into space
- Relax the damn AI in back/midfield. Sometimes real teams press hard, but I've had so many times when someone like RVN or Drogba chases down my midfield all the way back to my own penalty area, just looks silly.
- Give more time on the ball in non-threatening situations (similar to above comment about strikers/OMFs running like chicken's with their heads cut off wherever the ball goes)
- Someone else said it, but curled shots, maybe using L2/R2? That'd be awesome, and somewhat realistic for people like Henry
- Penatlies that can go in if you press a direction key

I think its because WE is so good that it drives me so insane, but there's always room for improvement :)

i would like to see cheer leaders :D .. lol some clubs has it :)

but now i can't think of any new things ,, it's already great .. so I would see what they do :-s
what about lincesed English PL Teams :-s ..

I want all the major leagues from major countries (licensed preferrably). More national teams also!

Ok, make it better! How?

1. A soccer game takes 2 halftimes at 45 minutes.
You think I am crazy, okay.
But its my decision, if I want to play 90 minutes, Ill do it.
If I want to play 5 min one halftime, I play only 5 minutes.
I play the game, I pay the game!
This couldnt be a problem for any programmer!
2. I want to tackle any cpu-opponent-player! Anyone!!!! Anytime!!!
It is ridiculous to see, how the cpu attacks mine. And me? I cant!
I dont want to foul the keeper everytime. In real game there is no such
security-space around the keeper, if he has the ball. There is no such circle around the player in real game. Not for the keeper! Not for the receiver of a Throw-In.
This means:
Positioning any player at any time to any place on the ground.
Okay, this would be a simulation.
This Winning Eleven / Pro Evolution is only an arcade game with tiny simulation aspects.
Especially its so ridiculous to see a four men wall against a 40 meter freekick.
In a simulation game its my turn to decide to where and when I place and act.
Okay, fans. Stop crying!
3. No Re-Positioning of the teams after foul, offside, freekick, throwin, kickoff and so on.
This takes all advantages for fast and clever playing.
This happens in an arcade game not in a simulation!
4. AI! Whats that! Hard to realize, I see.
But better AI is not the difference between 1 star and 5 stars.
The team doesnt play better, when I choose 5 or 6 stars.
The main aspects for 5 stars is the agressiveness and the speed of tackling me.
Thats not a simulation characterism. Okay its harder to win against cpu.
But the the game gets more and more arcade like.

Only 4 little tweaks! But the results would be great.
I know the game is the best soccer game of all.
And I like the winning eleven 3, yes 3, more than ea sports fifa 2005 or sonys TIF 2005 or the newest shitty (sorry) championship 2005 game of ea.
But everyone (okay not everyone) is shouting: Oh its so fantastic its the best, I give 99 points of 50. its a real simulation. only a few licenses more, please my team xxxxx, a little bit more graphics, this tiny stadium, the face of thierry henry is not abolutely correct, more shoes and balls, a little more mud on the shirts after a hard tackle.
Be sure, this is not a simulation game! Its only one of the best arcade games with an average approach to simulation.
But I like this game very much. Its the only game (series) Ive ever played more than 100 hours. It could be a simulation!
But I dont wanna wait until winning eleven 934Super series.
Think about it, next time you ll buy a new version, a slightly improved version. its only marketing (profit).
Tell them what really matters.
Bye!

Hey, let me add my two cents. I don't want no more leages, no more teams, no more crap, etc. What I want is:

1. When I score, I want the stadium to literally EXPLODE. I want KABIRA to go abousolutely FUCKING CRAZY and scream GOAL so load that my ASS explodes. I want to see the FANS and PLAYERS be more ENGAGED in celebration. I want to hear goal ANALYZ by Kabira instead of fucking replay music. I want to see goal replay cues during in-game breaks. I want the stadium SPEAKER to scream GOAL as well.

For the first time I want to feel like the GOAL I score fucking matters.

2. I want to see the ML keeping track of more thigs such as number of apperances, cup, leagues, int comp goals & assist. Transfer histories, major events.

Last edited:
^^^Reading that, then looking at the Stone Cold avatar. ClassicS.

1. Slow down the feel of the game. I always feel like I have to go forward and attack and can do so even with crappy teams, unlike in WE5/6.

2. Variang animations for everything. GK, set pecies, running/shooting/passing.

3. Like jumbo said, there is no real 'football' environment in this game. When a I score a goal it's like: meh, let's get one with it, instead of: wow I scored a great goal. Better crowd (I want to hear a roar at La Bombanera when I score). And of course celebrations, some of whioh are starting to get cheesy.

4. Better AI and defense.

labrujita said:
I could care less about a lot of the aesthetic stuff, personally.
Some better 'atmospheric' sound would be good -- crowd noise.

1) Better AI, offensively and defensively
a) more sophisticated runs off the balls
b) more tactical shape, defensively -- setting to adjust, as well
c) more differences between opposing teams playing style
d) more patient attacking from AI opponent, with less mistakes, and not relying on catchup effects or super-speed to keep games even.
e) more physicality and aggressiveness, both graphically and tactically
f) more in-game tactics like double-teaming, double-banking
g) swerving shots -- controlled or not, or both
h) better volleying and heading control

2) Online play, and improved online play
a) difficulty adjustment
b) formation loading and saving
c) possibly leagues and transfer systems

Gotta run.

this is the best list.

i will add some of my own, but some of these i dont expect till we10 because they may need a more powerful system to implement them.

1) no more helium soccer balls/terrible touches
2) more realistic ball physics. this affects shooting, such as when a ball is hit with no spin and moves a lot
3) weather having more effect
4) ability to choose what kinda of shot you want...power, inside foot, etc.
4a) i am tired of being on the right side of the goal with a right footed player, and he shoots with his right foot. unless if using outside foot, the player should use the foot that gives him the best angle. this can only be done now by running away from the goal (towards top of 18) and shooting.
4b) full control of where you are shooting.
5) better runs off the ball.
6) 100% control of the player. this means 360º and the computer not doing auto clears, needing to use super-cancel, etc. If I want to take my player and make it tackle the player who is just standing there far from the ball, let me.
7) make ML more like tactics or FM. add a lot more players, make the transfer market more fun/realistic, etc.
8) improved detailed graphics: 3d supporters, see breath in the cold, realstic hair, wear on the turf, linesmen, etc
9) not being able to outrun a player...90 speed should go by a 70speed and then INCREASE the gap, not be caught.
10) i hate how players stumble with the ball is stolen
11) players get up too quickly a lot of the time from slide tackles
12) goalies: so much to fix...the one that is bothering me the most now is that they always seem to get to the ball on long shots...i have been trying so long to score from 40m :)
13) freekicks: they are too hard to score on now i think
14) add more euro teams (not from lower divisions like the segunda liga), but of russia, greece, etc, add south american teams, add more national teams.
15) find a way to make tricks affective. the stepovers do crap, it would be nice if SOMETIMES, if done right and u r somewhat lucky, that the defender falls out of his boots.
16) Passive offside and advantage need to be improved. Sometimes I am fouled, but advantage is played, and within a second I lose the ball, but dont get the FK.
17) A player should volley a ball, not head it in a lot of situations. (I think this may have already been resolved in J-League, but I'm not sure)
18) AI/Strategy/Style improvements. Make it more realistic, more ingame tactics, OBVIOUS style differences between teams and in different circumstances.
19) QUICK Fk's. the second the foul is played you should have one second to press a button to have someone take the FK asap, if not, then the walls and crap can be set up.

i am sure there are a lot more. just to clarify, i am very happy with WE, but there are always thing to improve. and i will let it be known that i wouldnt mind the grapchis going back a few years if it had to be done to make gameplay better.

Do you know what guys, if only We9 would have one upgrade, I would want it to be the nets. I'm not kidding. Those nets in Football Kingdom, MY GOD! The game really really sucked but when you scored you'd forget everything and just stand there looking at those net animations! Think about it, San Siro would have pretty hard nets and close to the goal line, while Porto would have the same but 10 metres in from the goal line! IMAGINE! There are so many different themes of nets. Softness, colour, lines etc...Plz Konami, PLZ!

GabrieLe said:
Do you know what guys, if only We9 would have one upgrade, I would want it to be the nets. I'm not kidding. Those nets in Football Kingdom, MY GOD! The game really really sucked but when you scored you'd forget everything and just stand there looking at those net animations! Think about it, San Siro would have pretty hard nets and close to the goal line, while Porto would have the same but 10 metres in from the goal line! IMAGINE! There are so many different themes of nets. Softness, colour, lines etc...Plz Konami, PLZ!

I totally agree with you mate...Just the nets of Football Kindom alone would be enough for me...However, not only the nets, but the goalposts, grass textures and keeper saves from Football kingdom as well, along with the Ooooooooooooh's from the near misses...

astabooty said:
this is the best list.

i will add some of my own, but some of these i dont expect till we10 because they may need a more powerful system to implement them.

1) no more helium soccer balls/terrible touches
2) more realistic ball physics. this affects shooting, such as when a ball is hit with no spin and moves a lot
3) weather having more effect
4) ability to choose what kinda of shot you want...power, inside foot, etc.
4a) i am tired of being on the right side of the goal with a right footed player, and he shoots with his right foot. unless if using outside foot, the player should use the foot that gives him the best angle. this can only be done now by running away from the goal (towards top of 18) and shooting.
4b) full control of where you are shooting.
5) better runs off the ball.
6) 100% control of the player. this means 360º and the computer not doing auto clears, needing to use super-cancel, etc. If I want to take my player and make it tackle the player who is just standing there far from the ball, let me.
7) make ML more like tactics or FM. add a lot more players, make the transfer market more fun/realistic, etc.
8) improved detailed graphics: 3d supporters, see breath in the cold, realstic hair, wear on the turf, linesmen, etc
9) not being able to outrun a player...90 speed should go by a 70speed and then INCREASE the gap, not be caught.
10) i hate how players stumble with the ball is stolen
11) players get up too quickly a lot of the time from slide tackles
12) goalies: so much to fix...the one that is bothering me the most now is that they always seem to get to the ball on long shots...i have been trying so long to score from 40m :)
13) freekicks: they are too hard to score on now i think
14) add more euro teams (not from lower divisions like the segunda liga), but of russia, greece, etc, add south american teams, add more national teams.
15) find a way to make tricks affective. the stepovers do crap, it would be nice if SOMETIMES, if done right and u r somewhat lucky, that the defender falls out of his boots.
16) Passive offside and advantage need to be improved. Sometimes I am fouled, but advantage is played, and within a second I lose the ball, but dont get the FK.
17) A player should volley a ball, not head it in a lot of situations. (I think this may have already been resolved in J-League, but I'm not sure)
18) AI/Strategy/Style improvements. Make it more realistic, more ingame tactics, OBVIOUS style differences between teams and in different circumstances.
19) QUICK Fk's. the second the foul is played you should have one second to press a button to have someone take the FK asap, if not, then the walls and crap can be set up.

i am sure there are a lot more. just to clarify, i am very happy with WE, but there are always thing to improve. and i will let it be known that i wouldnt mind the grapchis going back a few years if it had to be done to make gameplay better.
good i really agree with ya you must be a memeber in konami winning eleven team man i wish i wish they make this changes

WE7 said:
good i really agree with ya you must be a memeber in konami winning eleven team man i wish i wish they make this changes

lets hope even a quarter of these are touched upon, if so, the game will be great.

jumbo said:
NO OFFENSE

but it's the exact same stuff you people make up every year. Guess what, KONAMI's gonna do what they want anyways. ;)

Hell, It's actually interesting what they're gonna do! Seems like they've done everything! They might be out of ideas by now. :) Interesting.

i dont think they will do what they want they will take into account what we want in the game if its possible and they can afford it they will do it after all we will be buying it.

Ok so not everything ppl suggest will get in like say for instance i would like Celtic Park in the game or at least 1 Scottish stadium, but like last year they did a thing with CGV where u sent in ur suggestions and they were passed onto the team.

i agree with all the suggestions so far.

Something that hacks me off is the changing of players, even when you have it 100% manual it STILL changes it for you!

You can be chasing a player down and the com will think that the ball has gone in the air and it'll suddenly change to a different player!

Also I'd like to be able to select the NEAREST player to the ball instead of having to press select player about three times before it gets to the correct one.

A decent career mode. Ive gone off to play the rubbish FIFA because I just cant take any more of the crappy master league.

JimJoeC said:
Something that hacks me off is the changing of players, even when you have it 100% manual it STILL changes it for you!

You can be chasing a player down and the com will think that the ball has gone in the air and it'll suddenly change to a different player!

Also I'd like to be able to select the NEAREST player to the ball instead of having to press select player about three times before it gets to the correct one.

Never really thought about that one, but its something that pisses me off a great deal... im always choosing manual, as i want complete control (my mates still only choose semi-auto at middle setting) and youre right.. its still not nearly as manual as it should be.. it should have a completely 100% manual setting....

I seriously think the ML is such a big hassle to play. It is an UN-NEEDEDly complicated system. I would like to see FULL leagues occurring, instead of dumb ML. Have real Spanish, English, Italy, German, France leagues going on, instead of a mix. Licenses would be great, but I know it will be difficult, because it is expensive, and sometimes you CAN'T have licenses from competing companies, like Nike AND adidas... it is not impossible, just not likely. I know FIFA has it because EA skimps on the gameplay and goes for presentation. It is a different audience all around.

The stats and players info is so readily available, since we have FOOTBALL MANAGER. It would be awesome if by Winning Eleven 11 or 12, the "ML" system would have leagues and teams and stats and attributes resembling FM. I wouldn't necessarily want to see more managerial aspects to the game, because I can play FM if I want to play manager. But at least revamp the ML and have a realistic league and calendar. As for Winning 9, I don't foresee Konami doing anything too drastic. I expect an even better game than WE8 or WE8LE, but the new stuff and changes won't be anything too grand. Probably just more teams, some new motions, etc.

I've been playing lots of WE8I since it came out two weeks ago and have three big fixes that I would love to see by WE9 (definitely doable).

1) Please when i tell a defender to man-mark an opponent aggresively, can he stay at least close to the guy. Also, I'm playing with classic Italy and tell Gentile (one of the toughest man-defenders ever) to cover guys like Robben or Landon Donovan (from USA) and he either completely loses these guys or gets totally schooled by their moves. It almost makes the man-mark option useless!

2) A big fix for ML has to be real leagues but also D2 for each league. This year there were enough cub teams to have 4 D2 leagues and have rel/promo for each league

3) How about wehen playing leagues and cups and ML, a game recap (with scorers, etc) for all the games played.

Great ideas from everyone.

stepover tricks done like in real-life (i.e c.ronaldo), alot more tricks needed and when they do the tricks i want the fuckin stadium go YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA , curved shots is a must too and goalies they fuckin need to be imrpoved i want them to move like real goalies not some fuckin robots, i want more one hand saved shots like in real life

I agree with jumbo.. seriously the goals need to mean something.. you can barely hear the crowd when you score. Its like I score in the last minute and they run around slowly like twats.

Where the ATMOSPHERE

Just played a few cup finals on 5*, and have worked out what Konami think makes the game harder:
1. Computer controlled players cannot be tackled by a mere mortal. They must be fouled, double (often triple) teamed or lose the ball themselves.
2. Your players must take their first touch with a beach ball.
3. Don't bother using through balls, they don't work anymore.
4. If you have the good fortune to get running in a promising situation with a defender, they foul you before you can accomplish anything and barely ever get a card (even if the last defender)
5. Your defenders must run away from their man before attempting to stop any through or over-the-top passes. I just watched a replay where a fairly easy to clear ball came in, but my defender, after the pass had been made, chose to run in front of the man and the ball, happens all the time. Watch replays of the computer controlled defenders, they actually get out of the way for the attackers off the ball.

I agree that multiplayer is the way to go, and this doesn't happen there. But seriously, for the next installment, I'd love to have a challenging, fair one-player experience. That's all.

- no slowdowns: and I mean really none, not a bit or a little, just NOTHING!
- no players running right through other players (like Baros, Koller, Ronaldinho etc. etc. -> unrealistic!) Even with Stam, Nesta, Terry or Samuel, an average Sparta Prague striker can run through them sometimes!
- a good red card system. You can disable a player for life and get away with yellow or 'a talking to' -> unrealistic
- tune down the stats of Premier League teams: OK, there are some good ones, but it seems that every English team is Champions League material in WE8 -> IMHO, unrealistic!

Everything else is mentioned here and I agree with most of the things. Gameplay and environmental issues are most important I think...

Why can't we get one of those Latin American Commentators, in the Spanish Lenguage, so that they can scream GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL, when we score?
I've always wanted that in a soccer game.
I think European, Japanese, American, etc, have no heart when narrating a Game, they are so boring, they only say, GOAL Henry!, and that's it. wow.

Edited stats to be the same when playing master league
Auto training during the off season
Able to delete players
Able to hire coaches/managers with stats(to improve training players' stats)

Good points.I agree that gameplay, AI and physics are the most important stuff.
Don't care about kits and licenses and such...but as someone said ...
1.Arena atmosphere should be much better.To really "feel" the importance of a goal.
2.Someone said too that there should be more aggression.Exactly!! Defending in Pes/We looks like ppl playing in the park, no effort.Shots look like half-hearted too.
3. Where the analog pass at?Unusable as it is...bring back the old way.
4. Another thing gone wrong in recent versions: Try to through pass from OMF to WF ,often the CF will run away from the box to intercept that pass that was not meant for him anyway. Bad explanation but you elite-players get it.
5.I still score on over ½ of my corners. Yet the FK taking has no logic anymore and i haven't scored from over 30 meter since we7:I.
6.Waste of time shooting from 25-30meters.PLus u have to be in specific position in relation to ball and goal when running and shooting.Plus they shoot with their strong foot even in awkard positions.
7.No headers when outside the box when I press [] !! Damn who tries to score with a header from 25m.Why not make them wait til the ball is low enough for a volley or hit it with the laces.
8.More players running and moving off the ball.
9.I dunno if it was this way earlier but at least 3 ways of shooting.If i attack from left to right: []+ left = as hard as possible . []+ right = with the laces hard and accurate . [] = inside the foot . very accurate and lots of swerve. all types can be placed by up and down arrows too.I think it was this way earlier. not sure.
10.AI+physics+gameplay! Can't be emphasized enough
11.Ratings: Lots of players can be over 90 BUT only a select few every night... so
they should use that stability stat more.

I would also like to see:

Results at half time and full time of other games during cups as well, not just during league games (makes more sense during wefa championship league games).

Return of stats like WE6 follow consecutive wins etc ( see when teams are in good/bad form.

Better training system thats deosn't take an hour to do with a complete squad and i only do it once just before start of next season i couldn't imagine doing it during every week of the off season.

Never played WE TATICS... don't know about the management system in that game... maybe would be great putting the two games together...

Another idea is to play as a single player career, not control just a player in the games of a team... but play as one player that receive transfers offers and such things... you don't control the teams, only the player...

Back
Top Bottom