WE9 Wishlist

Oli

Gooner
1 September 2002
London
Arsenal
Well with August approaching and this probably being the last Winning Eleven on PS2, what would you like to see in the game? Hopefully Konami will read this but I doubt it :D

Improved shooting and GK animations:
Shooting ing WE games honestly looks appauling. They never shoot with the inside of the boot and you cant do nice curlers into the top corner. Obviously the two handed saves need to be ditched.

More "other" teams:
There needs to be more of the "rest of the world" teams. Where's Fener, Shaktar, CSKA Moscow, Mac. Tel Aviv, etc.

3rd kits:
Nearly evey team in the world now has 3rd kits so this definately needs to be put in. If a team doesn't have a 3rd kit it could be the teams alternate shorts or socks if you know what I mean.

More stadiums:
Obviously we need more of these.

Improvement of the stupid transfer and stats thing for ML:
You know when you make transfers, change stats etc.. it has no effect in the ML.. they seriously need to sort that out because its just wrong.

I'll post more as I think of them but make sure you all post your wishes..

License :
- Fifa license
- UEFA license
- Nike, Kappa, Reebok, Puma, Umbro

Stadiums:
- Stade de France
- Santiago Bernabeu
- Maracana
- Gerland
- Mestala
- Riazor
- Schalk arena
- Dragao
- De La Luz
- Cardiff Millenium
- Philips Stadion
- Celtic Park
- Olympiastadion Berlin
- AOL Arena

Edit :
- Net
- Grass
- Creat stadiums
- Tatoos (Beckham, Cissé, Janot)

Weather :
- Snow
- Clowd shadows
- Wind

Last edited:
ThomasGOAL said:
License :
- Fifa license
- UEFA license

Stadiums:
- Stade de France
- Santiago Bernabeu
- Maracana
- Gerland
- Mestala
- Riazor
- Schalk arena
- Dragao
- De La Luz
- Cardiff Millenium
- Philips Stadion
- Celtic Park
- Olympiastadion Berlin
- AOL Arena

Edit :
- Net
- Grass
- Creat stadiums

Weather :
- Snow
- Clowd shadows
- Wind

i quote everything.

I'd like to see a master league more similar to the real league of every country.

I want 1st division teams

an editable ball

mmm
what else?

i just forgot...

i want back all the master league options that were in WE7 International and i want the option to remove that orrible "aging option"

P.S: the aging stuff must be improved. It's horrible to see player that are 26 years old and their ability as stamina or speed go down...

Option to exclude retired players (unlocked) from the masters league!!!!!!!
Option to properly configure the Xbox controller for PS2 Pad!

Me to be better at this one!!!!!!

Last edited:
and of course more brazilian and argentinian teams like corinthians(of tevez and carlos alberto), sao paulo, palmeiras, flamengo, atletico paranaense, fluminense, santos, sao caetano; independiente, san lorenzo, velez sarsfield, newell's old boys)

1. No slowdown
2. Better stadium and crowd graphics. If ESPN Football can have those kind of stadium grass and crowd textures then why not WE?
3) 3rd kits
4) Even better kick control
5) More authentic running animations
6) European licensing
and finally....

7) make it so good it needs no updates!!!!!!!!

ThomasGOAL said:
License :
- Fifa license
- UEFA license

Stadiums:
- Stade de France
- Santiago Bernabeu
- Maracana
- Gerland
- Mestala
- Riazor
- Schalk arena
- Dragao
- De La Luz
- Cardiff Millenium
- Philips Stadion
- Celtic Park
- Olympiastadion Berlin
- AOL Arena

Edit :
- Net
- Grass
- Creat stadiums

Weather :
- Snow
- Clowd shadows
- Wind

I concurr with everything...Especially, the Nets!!!

I could care less about a lot of the aesthetic stuff, personally.
Some better 'atmospheric' sound would be good -- crowd noise.

1) Better AI, offensively and defensively
a) more sophisticated runs off the balls
b) more tactical shape, defensively -- setting to adjust, as well
c) more differences between opposing teams playing style
d) more patient attacking from AI opponent, with less mistakes, and not relying on catchup effects or super-speed to keep games even.
e) more physicality and aggressiveness, both graphically and tactically
f) more in-game tactics like double-teaming, double-banking
g) swerving shots -- controlled or not, or both
h) better volleying and heading control

2) Online play, and improved online play
a) difficulty adjustment
b) formation loading and saving
c) possibly leagues and transfer systems

Gotta run.

1. Random boot selection. Say like, you can assign a few boots to one player and he will change boots in ML. At least you wont see players wearing the same boot for 20 years or so.
2. Random line-up selection for friendly matches. Of course, this has to be done properly like having preferences on players so you don't see the entire 2nd team Chelsea starting up.

- More licensed teams

- South American and other confedaration clubs

- Very realistic turf and pitch

- Definitely out PES and WES team!!

- the weather should affect on the turf !
- the turf should change during a game !
- more and better keeper animations !
- diffrent gameplay for each team !
- better AI for the CPU --> more changes during the game in the formation things
- BACK TO BASICS !!!!

btw; is it not a little bit late for a wishlist?

cheers rafau

I dont' care about licences and stuff cuz we can always edit those into the game. I just want more slots for teams, kits, balls, boots, etc

Along with a slightly improved gameplay which would include new tricks, more individual special abilities, adding curve to shots, chipped penalties, etc.

I'd occasionally like to see a streaker run across the pitch, say once in every 100 odd games, for that touch of comedy... Apart from that I'd like to improve almost all aspects of the game, although the major ones have been mentioned..

Oh

And get the Commentary right. Its beyond poor.

Edit the stats.

They have a stat range of 1-99, yet there is hardly a player in the game with an average of less than 60. What is the point of only using one end of the scale? Giving only the GREAT players really high stats would truly set them apart.

A lot of the things mentioned so far aren't going to happen on this generation of console imo.

Personally I'd just like to see more teams, I'm not worried about licences so much.

Also when konami brought in the regenration of players, as often, it was a good idea poorly implemented.

They should take a leaf out of Champ Man and have them come back with random names and faces. Also their skills should be more rounded. I had Zola come back with 56 tecnique which is baltantly bollocks.

Then some of his other stats were in the high 90's. They should start with all the stats lowish and then over the course of a few seasons you turn them into a world beater.

Also they need to get the freekicks right, PES3/WE7 was too easy and PES4/WE8 too hard

The ability to be sacked/resign/move to take charge of another club in the Master League.

Sensible World of Soccer had it, and for a young lad nothing beat the feeling of viewing an end of season page and receiving a job offer from another club, be it from Italy, Iceland or India.

The opportunity to jump ship, take control of a new team, then go back to your old stamping ground to face your former club, would enhance the ML no end.

As much as I agree with all the graphical enhancements posted here, we have to ber ealistic in that Konami have pushed this game to the limits of PS2 capabilities. The things that they can definitely fix are within the AI, ML and edit areas (plus a few more licenses wouldn't hurt).

TO me the biggest issue I have is the CPU cheating to catch up. It has been so blatant the last couple of years it defies reason! When the combo of Hakan Sukue and Emre are shredding through a defense of Cannavaro, Nesta and Maldini as if they were the second coming of Pele/Rivellino, you know something is wrong.

Also, the ML has got to get better as management sim. All the American sports now have fully fleshed out management "dynasty" modes that allow you to control everything from ticket prices to concession stand prices to merchandise and tv/radio all while giving you great action gameplay. These are fully immersive and would be unbelievable in WE/PES. Last year EA's baseball title even had you managing player chemistry in the locker room. If you had too many stars on a team some would start grumbling if they didn't get enough playing time and this would affect the performance of the team. It worked brilliantly.

And finally, how about letting me edit teams and players and having those changes available in ML? Please!

I say it every year Winning eleven graphics and gameplay with Sensible world of Soccer management THIS GAME CAME OUT IN 96 FOR HEAVENS SAKE.

Random player growth option - means if you want to start again and have unknown players become superstars you just have to scout or train them so its not the same players everytime you play.

Proper transfer market add players to list etc.

Move from one club to another so you can start again from scratch without starting game all over or get job offers or sacked.

NO OFFENSE

but it's the exact same stuff you people make up every year. Guess what, KONAMI's gonna do what they want anyways. ;)

Hell, It's actually interesting what they're gonna do! Seems like they've done everything! They might be out of ideas by now. :) Interesting.

diggi said:
I`m 100% happy with everything...
Drugs ah you can't beet em!!!

Denirorob hit it on the head in SWOS you felt involved with your team Having the full league system is a must in this day and age......God konami get your hands in your pockets!!! And then buy an old AMIGA and play SWOS and look at the management side of it...... It was as simple as hell but involving..... all this info you get in PES and WE is fluff who goes through this stuff after a game!!! sure you want to know how well your players were judged to have played but you just played the game.. if you don't know who played well and who should be drop kicked out the door.. going through all that info aint gonna do it!! And the training is a nice idea but it takes too long!!
As for all the above i agree with them all bar the strange boot, tatoo and streaker fetish dudes.... this is a football title not GTA... ;)

Back
Top Bottom