WE9 Wishlist

Fuck WE9, I can alraedy imagine myself playing WE10 on my brand new japanese PS3. :D
I wish it was Q3 of 2006 already. :( But since WE9 comes first, I might as well just throw my new, original idea in:

- no bullshlt changing screens after the ball goes out of bounds. have like a 2d dude slide along the banners and throw the ball to the players. after a shot, have the camera follow the player, show his reaction then slide over to the goal and show the guy give the goalie the ball. no loading, the changing camera's, no interupting the flow, etc.

When off ball, i would like the possiblity, to chase the goalkeeper.
The replay of a goal or something may what longer.

Last edited:
quick free kicks are must

instead of seeing the same picture on all free kicks, i want to be able to have quick free kicks where you just press X and pass it to a player you like, or if you want regular free kick you just wait ....

I would love to have the Stadium and crowd go absolutely ballistic when you score a goal at home and the crowd jeer when you score away and get quiter with every goal you score at your opponents house. I think that the FIFA series has done an awesome job with crowd reactions chants and celebrations. Konami should really do the same. Another great idea i read was the differnt styles of nets; colors, shapes, ect..

But hey realistically, is Konami gonna read this thread? Most likely not! Do what what the portuguese community did! For FIFA 99 request we mailed and emailed EA and asked for them to put in the Portuguese League and they did it! It lasted that one year then it was off for a few, but the point is it worked and I know Konami doesn't know what there fans want, as long as everyone asks for sensible things.

I would suggest that we all vote on things we wanted most and then everyone in the PES/WE communtity email and mail Konami and let them know how we feel by everyone sending them as close to the same request as possible.

LETS DO IT! IT CAN HAPPEN!

Hows about KONAMI listening to us like THq did for smackdown v RAW?

Most of these are from ThomasGoals post
- Fifa license
- UEFA license

Stadiums:
- Stade de France
- Santiago Bernabeu
- Maracana
- Gerland
- Mestala
- Riazor
- Schalk arena
- Dragao
- De La Luz
- Cardiff Millenium
- Philips Stadion
- Celtic Park
- Olympiastadion Berlin
- AOL Arena

Edit :
- Grass
- Create stadiums

Weather :
- Snow
- Clowd shadows
- Wind

And NO SLOWDOWNS!!!!!

Shooting and Goalkeeping engines improved plus more "random" animations to make everything seem a bit more realistic.

I know this will never happen but imagine if before or after the game the crowd were chanting...
"IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO?,
EVERY NIGHT I'VE BEEN HUGGING MY PILLOW,
DREAMING DREAMS OF AMARILLO,
THAT SWEET MARIE WHO WAITS FOR ME!"

RuneEdge said:
I know this will never happen but imagine if before or after the game the crowd were chanting...
"IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO?,
EVERY NIGHT I'VE BEEN HUGGING MY PILLOW,
DREAMING DREAMS OF AMARILLO,
THAT SWEET MARIE WHO WAITS FOR ME!"

i dont see why this will never happen. i nthe very near future (if the disc of ps3 is big enough) i would expect it to be possible, at leas through editing, to have multiple, real chants for each team.

martinja said:
The next gen discs will have around 25 GB of space using Blu-Ray....

i dont know what blu-ray is, but holy mother f'n sh%#!!!!!! are you serious?

i cant imagine a game that could make use of that, absolutely amazing!

edit, i just looked it up, that is simply amazing. hopefully hard drives drastically augment in size so we can use a hdd or something.

Last edited:
Apparently, the quality of movies on a Blu-Ray disc is better than what you see on regular TV. I can't even imagine how that would look.

Hmmm... NO SLOWDOWNS!

Stadiums:
-Luz (Benfica)
-Dragão (Porto)
-Celtic Park (Celtic Glasgow)
-Maracanã (Flamengo & Fluminense)
-Schalke Arena (Shalke 04)
-Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid)
-Melasta (Valencia)
-Philips Stadium (PSV)

15 slots for boots (5 editables & 10 non-editables)

More Leagues with licences(e.g. English Premierleague, League 1, SuperLiga Portuguesa, Budesliga etc)
More Brazilian Clubs (Corithians Paulista, Flamengo, Santos, São Paulo & Palmeiras)
One colombian team (Once Caldas for exemple)
The 3 Bigs of Turkey (Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray and Besitkas)
And some Japonese and South Corean teams...

all very good ideas. Things I want to see most are: 360 degree player control and user controllable shot type (Curler, Ground scorcher, etc)

Blu-Ray on one layer only is 25 GB, it can hold up to 50GB with dual layer. And why this amount of space besides back up? Because of HDTV. HDTV is High Definition TV.

It(HDTV) is up to 1080p Which is 1920 1080 and all lines are handled at the same time while interlace is that only every 2nd line is handled at the same time. HDTV in Europe is a subset of DVB.

Though of course the whole Blu-Ray may not be used, but, it brings great flexibility in regards of space. Now you can dump a lot of different chants, and other data. I hope that PES5 will be a launch game for Xbox 360 (2). As Xbox 360 is coming Oct-Nov 2005 to the US and Europe. Xbox 360 is going to use DVD/DVD DL. While Sony is going to use Blu-Ray. Sony is one of the main players behind the Blu-Ray push.

There is also HD DVD. A nother standard. One layer is 15 GB, dual layer is 30 GB.

Info for Blu-Ray http://www.blu-ray.com/info/
Info for HD DVD http://www.supermediastore.com/hd-dvd-media-hd-dvd-recorder.html

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ask me what :
1) can hit the Referee ( Some time's i feel he Deserved to be hitted : P~ )
2) Players Can spit
3) player can throw him self ( a yellow card if the refree saw him )
4) sometimes the Crowd can throw things

BaAa3 said:
If you ask me what :
1) can hit the Referee ( Some time's i feel he Deserved to be hitted : P~ )
2) Players Can spit
3) player can throw him self ( a yellow card if the refree saw him )
4) sometimes the Crowd can throw things

these are the last things to be added, there is hundreds of things to fix and add to the game before this nonsense. :roll:

A fifa game had the ability to throw your self I think I did once with Ronaldo in the box and got a red card.

martinja said:
A fifa game had the ability to throw your self I think I did once with Ronaldo in the box and got a red card.

I think you all mean "simulation" or "DIVING!". I remember FIFA 99 having it. It was very hard to use but I've managed to gain freekicks with it.
It would be a great addition to PES and the players could have a stat for it to determine the success rate.

I want better game physics. tackling, dribbling, etc and ball physics was alot better in previous versions. Actually, it was completely different, loads and loads better it was.

I want the option to discuss the fouls etc. Like you tackle him you get yellow and tell to the ref that it was a schwalbe. Option to talk agrassivly and less agressivly to the referee.

Or if your man was brought down illegaly but you don't get a foult the option to press a button and then he would push the player a bit that tackled him or give him a kick from behind.

Stuff like that that are in real life too.

And I would want qualification rounds for both International and European cup.

Stewards going around the field, players warming up, the coaches coming out the box giving directions to players,...

martinja said:
Blu-Ray on one layer only is 25 GB, it can hold up to 50GB with dual layer. And why this amount of space besides back up? Because of HDTV. HDTV is High Definition TV.

It(HDTV) is up to 1080p Which is 1920 1080 and all lines are handled at the same time while interlace is that only every 2nd line is handled at the same time. HDTV in Europe is a subset of DVB.

Though of course the whole Blu-Ray may not be used, but, it brings great flexibility in regards of space. Now you can dump a lot of different chants, and other data. I hope that PES5 will be a launch game for Xbox 360 (2). As Xbox 360 is coming Oct-Nov 2005 to the US and Europe. Xbox 360 is going to use DVD/DVD DL. While Sony is going to use Blu-Ray. Sony is one of the main players behind the Blu-Ray push.

There is also HD DVD. A nother standard. One layer is 15 GB, dual layer is 30 GB.

Info for Blu-Ray http://www.blu-ray.com/info/
Info for HD DVD http://www.supermediastore.com/hd-dvd-media-hd-dvd-recorder.html

I though Blu-Ray could have over 120GB on 1 disc.

On that first site blu-ray.com I already see a reader station for in the PC by Pioneer. Now, WHEN IS IT COMING?! :p

I think with the release of the PS3.

Last edited:
Some of your suggestions are silly.

Some of you have said

"No slowdown"

Then suggested

"Teammates seen on the bench"
"3D fans"
"Ball boy"

etc.

I think without the referee there wouldn't be any noticeable slowdown.

I think A.I that adjusts to the way you play is a good one. Or team data from the best online players or somethin like Virtua Fighters A.I.

Back
Top Bottom